O/R Higher than race conditions allow

The other week we had a question about a horse that ran off a higher rating than the conditions of the race allowed, for example a 0-90 race and the top weight was rated 92 or something. Cant remember the exact race now but there is a case in point at Wolverhampton on Sunday where we have a 0-100 handicap and Matsunosuke is rated 102 and is allowed to run, just thought i'd copy the race conditions for those that were wondering why it has been entered.

£17,000 guaranteed For 4yo+ Rated 86-100 (also open to such horses rated 101 or higher and to such horses rated 85 and below - see weights) Weights highest weight 9st 4lb (any horse rated above 100 shall initially be treated as having that rating and the highest weight allotted shall be 9st 4lb; subsequently, the excess over 100 in any rating shall be added to the weight stated) Minimum weight 8-4 Penalties after January 9th, each race won 6lb Matsunosuke's Handicap Mark 102 Entries 11 pay £ 75 Penalty value 1st £10,592.70 2nd £3,172.20 3rd £1,586.10 4th £793.90 5th £396.10 6th £198.90
Puzzle solved, doesnt happen very often over here that I have seen and have no idea why they restrict the race in the first place, I reckon they try to make the handicaps a certain weight difference, a stone from top to bottom in this instance (86-100) but dont mind the odd few pounds up and below.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.