Lingfield 30/12

Lars

Standard quality all-weather card for today and got one or two in mind, just the one to post tonight though. 15:05 Henry Cecil brings Zerzura which could be too good for these lot, or the Moore horse might finally break his duck, but will back against these especially it making an appearance so late in the season and the other looks difficult to win with. On the form, I feel that New Couture will improve significantly and come close. Has raced twice, once over CD where it didn't perform too badly actually, typical performance for a horse FTO and looked to have a little bit of promise. LTO was upped 2f and although finishing around 8l behind the eventual winner, seemed to be going well up until a furlong out. It was one paced from then on. This headway could mean that a step down in trip will lead to some improvement, and the bit of experience can't be bad too. The worst race it's taken part in and the signs on Betfair show he will be bigger than the forecasted 5/1, which should lead to some EW value.

Re: Lingfield 30/12 1.55 Lingfield Tamino - failed to see out the longer trip last time out but drops back to seven furlongs here which looks more suitable. Has a good draw to work with and still looks handicapped to be in with a chance given he's won/placed off higher in the past.

Re: Lingfield 30/12 12.20 Lingfield Orangeleg is unexposed but failed to impress on his one start on his debut on the aw and although likely to have needed the run its enough to put me off for now. Artesium is drawn well in stall 2 and now drops 2lb below last winning mark and although not the most reliable sort he did show signs of life last time out at southwell over this trip and he is probably better on the polytrack than the fibresand so if building on that and taking advantage of the reduced mark could go well. The other that interests me now back on polytrack having shown some life again on the fibresand at southwell is city high kid, she used to be fairly prolific on the aw with 6 wins and 11 places from 40 starts and had been showing a return to form was imminent with a 3rd at wolverhampton and a good enough 6th at southwell last time out especially now he is 8lb lower than last winning mark!! 0.25pt e/w artesium 14/1 pp 0.25pt e/w the city kid 12/1 totesport 1.55 Lingfield Dianes choice has been running well on the polytrack and most defenetily consistent having finished 4th on last 4 starts and is now rated 6lb lower than last win over bath in august and clearly didn’t cope with the surface on last start in a claimer also not on favourable terms has a good draw in stall 3 and a further 2lb decrease in handicap than last run here. 0.5pt e/w dianes choice 8/1 bet365 3.35 Lingfield Dens gift is super consistent on the aw having only raced 7 times on it and won 3 and placed on 3, he remains on a career high mark as far as winning but is clearly still in good form going down by just a neck last time out behind the useful falcativ who has gone on to win an even better quality race since handicapper has only put him up a 1lb for that effort and if building on that could go well here. 1pt win dens gift 9/4 bet365

Re: Lingfield 30/12 13:20 Lingfield Trip Switch - Ran off a OR of 67 for last 3 runs and has been woeful. But has ran at Lingfield only twice finishing a winner and second at CD. Losing 7lb for last 3 runs having a 7lb claimer on board and course stats make me beleive 25-1 is EW value seems the fav has the worst draw of the lot. (46-1 betfair)

Re: Lingfield 30/12 12.20 Hayley Turner is aboard Josiah Bartlett for the third time. Her two rides so far have resulted in a win over this course-distance back in february and ran on well to get a close second behind Welcome Approach in November off the same mark as today. Looks like its running of its preferred distance today. Josiah Bartlett 0.5pt e/w @ 13/2

Re: Lingfield 30/12 3.35: Den's Gift 1pt Win @ 9/4 Bet365 BOG Made encouraging return from two months off over C&D at start of the month when just touched off in a class 3 handicap. 1lb higher today and with that form being given a boost by the winner and 4th placed horses subsequent victories, Den's Gift should go very close today.

Re: Lingfield 30/12 13:55 Lingfield I am going to take a chance with Imperial Skylight here. I think he can finally take advantage of a falling mark here today having won off a mark 9lbs higher at Kempton over the distance back in February. Was also a close 2nd over course and distance back in March off a mark 12lbs higher. Since then he has not come closer than 2 lengths of winning in his 16 races since. Bold Rose is upped in trip for the first time so could be interesting. Has won off a mark 4lbs higher on the AW and 8lbs higher on turf. Has also placed off higher marks on the AW and on turf. Should be interesting here as jockey takes off a further 5lbs. Bioth do have wide draws which won't help so I will be keeping to small stakes on both. 0.5pt win Imperial Skylight @ 8/1 (WillHill - BOG) 0.25pts E/W Bold Rose @ 33/1 (VC - BOG)

Re: Lingfield 30/12

Tip Detail
Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event LINGFIELD - 15:05
Selection SET EM UP MO (W/O The Favorite) (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 30/12/2009
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 51.00 (Back)
Reasoning LINGFIELD 15:05 Zendrill Scaffolding Maiden Stakes (3yo, Class 5, 1m 2f, 9 runners) EACH WAY: SET EM UP MO Best efforts had come at this course 8795, 89009 at other courses. Her 5TH lto was up against a good field with NEW COUTURE behind her by 3 1/2L. 1ST and 2ND was ROYAATY/TROOPINGTHECOLOUR, Juddmonte bred DECEMBER in 3RD. SPINNING WELL in 4TH by just a neck from the selection and it was at the C&D. That was her first time at the C&D and jockey Kieren Fox, both here today. Her dam has already produced 5 winners from 6 foals at trips of 5f to 2m. Paddy Power W/O The Favorite (ZERZURA) at 50-1.
Close Window

Tip Detail
Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Selection CHANROSSA (W/O The Favorite)
Strength 10/10
Date 30/12/2009
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.75 (Back)
Reasoning LINGFIELD 15:05 Zendrill Scaffolding Maiden Stakes (3yo, Class 5, 1m 2f, 9 runners) WIN: CHANROSSA Drop back to 10f suits, 12f lto was too far with previous two at 10f for 2ND. She's been in handicaps the last 9 runs dating back to June this year. Her C&D runs are solid enough to get this event, 2ND to MARMOOQ in last try. Also 2ND to FRANCO IS MY NAME, both had jockey booked today Jim Crowley. He's been on board the last three and getting it right this time is likely. Trainer E A Dunlop had a good maiden win by 1L yesterday at Southwell. Paddy Power W/O The Favorite (ZERZURA) at 7-4.
Close Window

13:55 Lingfield I am going to take a chance with Imperial Skylight here. I think he can finally take advantage of a falling mark here today having won off a mark 9lbs higher at Kempton over the distance back in February. Was also a close 2nd over course and distance back in March off a mark 12lbs higher. Since then he has not come closer than 2 lengths of winning in his 16 races since. Bold Rose is upped in trip for the first time so could be interesting. Has won off a mark 4lbs higher on the AW and 8lbs higher on turf. Has also placed off higher marks on the AW and on turf. Should be interesting here as jockey takes off a further 5lbs. Bioth do have wide draws which won't help so I will be keeping to small stakes on both. 0.5pt win Imperial Skylight @ 8/1 (WillHill - BOG) 0.25pts E/W Bold Rose @ 33/1 (VC - BOG)
I had to race upstairs get on my laptop and congratulate you on that shout Stu, didnt look like it had a chance approaching the straight but finished like a train. Amazing tipping :notworthy

Re: Lingfield 30/12 :loon:loon:loon:loon:loon :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy I backed all the suggestions in this thread for that race apart from that bloody horse! 50/1 SP aswell, superb.

Tip Detail
Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Selection ZERZURA (bog)
Strength 10/10
Date 30/12/2009
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning LINGFIELD 15:05 Zendrill Scaffolding Maiden Stakes (3yo, Class 5, 1m 2f, 9 runners) WIN: ZERZURA Half-brother to G3 winner/2000 Guineas third, debutant from H R A Cecil. Strong in the market for a debutant and well bred enough to believe so. By OASIS DREAM so this surface should not be a problem along with the trip. Trainer H R A Cecil does not have many AW runners this time of year. His latest, TRANQUIL TIGER won easily to think he has this one trained well.
Close Window

Re: Lingfield 30/12 Impossible to match this one for Sports-Punter....... LINGFIELD 15:05 Zendrill Scaffolding Maiden Stakes (3yo, Class 5, 1m 2f, 9 runners) LAY: SHAKALAKA @ 4.50 Improved much lto when dropped in a Class 6 and upped in trip to 1m4f. Might regress now upped in Class and dropped in trip. His penultimate run was at the C&D and was beaten 9 1/4L, same Class as today. Trainer G L Moore have just 2 maiden wins since November, 0 from 5 this month. Moore's maiden record at the AW here for the year is 1 win from 19, 6 placed.

13:55 Lingfield I am going to take a chance with Imperial Skylight here. I think he can finally take advantage of a falling mark here today having won off a mark 9lbs higher at Kempton over the distance back in February. Was also a close 2nd over course and distance back in March off a mark 12lbs higher. Since then he has not come closer than 2 lengths of winning in his 16 races since. Bold Rose is upped in trip for the first time so could be interesting. Has won off a mark 4lbs higher on the AW and 8lbs higher on turf. Has also placed off higher marks on the AW and on turf. Should be interesting here as jockey takes off a further 5lbs. Bioth do have wide draws which won't help so I will be keeping to small stakes on both. 0.5pt win Imperial Skylight @ 8/1 (WillHill - BOG) 0.25pts E/W Bold Rose @ 33/1 (VC - BOG)
:clap

Re: Lingfield 30/12 3.35 Totally Focussed - EW Second run back after a 9 month break - ran quite well last time, held up at the rear and late headway to finish 3rd without ever being put in the race. Handicapper has dropped him a pound so he's just 2 lbs above his last winning mark . That was over 7 furlongs and should appreciate the step back up to a mile

Re: Lingfield 30/12 3.35 Agree with Trotter again with Totally Focussed. Has been consistent at around this level in the past year. Won off 2lb lower than todays mark at Kempton in June last year. Since then has been competitive off marks in the low 80's, high 70's. Ran well here lto going down by 1 1/2 lengths, hopefully step up to a mile with his lowest mark for a long time can do the trick. Also like the old time Gallantry at a big price. 3 out of his last 4 races he hasnt gone down by more than 4 lengths. This has been off marks of 78,81 and 83, he's now off 76. Won last February off 82 and 85 so is handicapped to go well. Has been running lately at 7f so step up could suit. Will probably sit off the pace, and with a strong pace likely this could set it up well for him. 20/1 is available now and has a fair place chance imo. Totally Focussed - E/W 6/1 stanjames Gallantry - E/W 20/1 williamhill

Re: Lingfield 30/12 3.35 Lingfield Ravi River for me - recently claimed by David Evans and soon stepped up in trip. He's been crying out for a mile for some time but the old trainer kept him to seven. Handicapped to go close as back down to last winning mark. 8/1 EW.

Thought Hayley let us down a bit there Trotter. One to look out for next time Totally Focussed imo.
I thought there was a bit of a gap there - could have shoved through. Maybe the horse is a bit timid ?...........I'm wary of horses like him. Next time he'll probably come through pulling a double handful and find nowthere to go as well..........might be one to Lay next time 'cos he's bound to be favourite !