Night meetings becoming Twilight fixtures!!

:@ WHY?? All we keep hearing is the turn out to these evening meetings is poor, but is about to get ten times worse as they become ALL twilight fixtures in the new year, people will still be working when these fixtures are on! It is simply to keep the mug punters in the shops betting on anything!! Any thoughts from anyone?? Me personally think its the worst idea, i enjoy the evening meetings when I come home from work studying form, playing around trading on betfair, nice to watch live races for once! I am always working for 80% of these twilight cards lucky if i get to see the last maybe last 2 races!!

Re: Night meetings becoming Twilight fixtures!! Well i suppose it would be a bit tricky with the last jumps race at around 3.30 when it starts to get dark and then 3 hours hanging around doing nothing for betting shop staff, TV channels, journalists, ..........I suppose it's also easier for trainers and staff to get the horses to the AW meets during daylight if they're travelling across country It doesn't bother me too much as I'm in anyway and even if i've got work I'm usually finished by mid-afternoon....... And sometimes there's footy on or some programme you watch in the evening and it's nice to get the racing done and dusted by the time you settle down to watch the telly........... But yeah..........must be a bummer for you 9 to 5 folks........

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.