BBOTD Comp ~ The Way Forward

Ok guys, similar to last year a thread for anyone to air their views on any changes we need to make, problems we may have met during this year, improvements or just any comments in general. I dont think we should make changes just for the sake of it and indeed many may think its ok as it is but without members telling me I have no idea. To kick things off I have suggested some areas that may need looking at, or not as the case may be, just things that have cropped up over the year also my thoughts on the matters to get things started. I reckon we have a couple weeks of discussion and then decide on the way forward so its all in place by Jan 1st. Things to consider; 1. Super Nap 2. Laying 3. Minimum amount of Selections 4. Prize Money 5. Rules & Reasoning 6. Admin and Tables Overall Trophy; As you know the following guys have donated their winnings throughout the year to help secure a nice prize for the Overall winner of the Comp, Verisi, CC75 and Hoprock have contributed, as promised I have chipped in and will also pay the postage costs. Here is the 'Trophy' I have selected, a certificate will also be sent.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: BBOTD Comp ~ The Way Forward Ok, my initial thoughts, 1. Super Nap I'm not a fan of the super nap, never have been really, just think it can be too much of a deciding factor, yes its well played if a player hits a big priced selection with it but towards the end of the month its used at times on a rag that maybe wouldnt have been a selection otherwise. Something else I have noticed, a few guys play their super nap on their first selection of the month, if it fails they take little interest afterwards, if it wins they are posting everyday, just not what it was designed to do. 2. Laying Thought long and hard about this one and havnt come up with any new ideas, to me its a straight decision on leaving it as it is or going back to the origional format but have restrictions on price, if we do that we would void all selections if they drifted over the sp limit, still go down as a winner but no returns. Open to any ideas here. Just remember with respect to the guys, we only have two consistant layers on the ATR section so any changes must bear that in mind. 3. Minimum amount of Selections Touched on this before and I think it should be raised from 10 bets to 15 for the prize money side of it, this comp is for the regular members and most of the guys on the PL every day so a bet every other day isnt too demanding is it? We dont want to deter others either so we could give an award to anyone who beats the 'winner' that hasnt posted enough. 4. Prize Money I think we should just have £25 to the winner, this follows on from the last question really, it may attract more posts and therefore a better competition. 5. Rules & Reasoning I think the rules cover most things, if anyone thinks we havnt then please say so, the reasoning slips back into the one liners sometimes and really its down to anyone to mention something rather than leaving it to me to be the big bad wolf, I have enough enemies on here without upsetting anyone else. If you think a certain poster isnt doing enough on a consistant basis it needs to be pointed out else others tend to follow. 6. Admin and Tables I dont mind carrying on with the Admin, may need cover at times but can usually get online anywhere these days so not a big problem. Thinking about adding Yeild figures to the overall stats, depends whether we keep the super nap. Will also carry on the current form figs over to the following month instead of resetting them back to zero. Anything else required in the tables? Please ask. Ok thats my views at the moment, as i say nothing in stone, just some ideas. Look forward to some input from those that count. BH

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.