** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NHL 24/3 Wed

2-3 last night but as the strongest pick obliged, we were in the money. 129-149-26, +22.33 pts YTD Three interesting plays on tap tonight. Mtl (ML) to bt BUF @ 2.00 *B365* 2 PTS The Canadiens firing all cylinders at the moment, while Buf slumping. Given the circumstances and the fact the Canadiens need to win or draw to secure their playoff spot while the Sabres can get through but almost sure in their dreams only, I've decided to side with the Canadiens for the strongest play of the night and ignore the H2H record a bit - it reads 4-10 in L3 season, on the other hand it's just 2-2 this season and 2-1 L3 so nothing special (at least recently) to ignore. EDM -1/2 to bt Dal @ 2.20 *Pinn* 1 PT Has taken me ages to decide about this one. Yet - it's the Oilers who need to win and as most of match-ups are pretty level, this is one of the deciding factors in this one. Dallas are off 4 wins and a tie while Edm are off 5 wins. Dallas are 19-9 vs Edmonton, but again only 2-2 recently. And interesting stat is how the teams perform off some particular results and in this case the Oilers have a slight edge. There is also one particular result after which the Stars simply can't go on and deliver - they are measly 2-7 after shutting up an opponent! LAK (ML) to bt VAN @ 2.60 *B365* 1 PT Neither team firing - LAK off 4 losses, Van off 4 losses and a tie. H2H 18-14, but 3-8 ATS in L3 seasons - also 2-3 ATS @ Vancouver, so LAK perform better away in this fixture. Yet again, the Kings need to win, the Canucks are home and hosed and it seems the Bertuzzi incident has had some negative impact after all. That's it. T.

Guest Fin090

NHL 24/3 Wed Good to see your picks again. I'm tempted to back the Kings too, Vancouver are woeful at the moment, just have to look towards that BJs game. BTW, Montreal are Canadiens not Leafs (I know you know) :p