Newbury - 26th Nov

fintron

1.30 Newbury Colombard from the Paul Nicholls yard heads the market here at 9/2 but having fallen last time out I am looking to take him on with Ermine Sea, who is potentially well treated now handicapping. Henrietta Knight has been running him on the flat this season and his Ascot third in particularly caught the eye and suggested his previous flat form when with John Gosden was no fluke. He has had three runs over hurdles, placing on each occasion and displaying enough ability to think he could be up to the task of defying a mark of 115 tomorrow. 11/1 Paddypower, 0.5 pt EW (3 places, 1/4 odds).

Re: Newbury - 26th Nov Fin, not sure Colombard would have won that day in testing ground & probably wise to take it on again. One to consider may be Prince Du Beury which has disappointed on a number of occasions & has never won in 14 attempts however off a mark of 102 & with Geraghty in the saddle, who knows. Ran over C/D in March 2008 & was going ok when UR in race won by Ballydub. I dont know how many chances you give the horse but i may back it if i can get a big price, if its 10/1 or under then perhaps not, anything around 16-20/1 & i may have a go EW

Re: Newbury - 26th Nov 2.40 Newbury Preacher Boy has only had one run since April last year, pulling up in the Badger Ales Trophy at Wincanton 19 days ago. That explains his price tag today, but if he is able to recapture his form from last season then he has every chance of winning off a mark of 130 today. His run here over three miles, when a neck second to Caribou, shows he handles these fences and his current mark does not look beyond him. He was placed in the 2006 renewal of the Badger Ales off this mark and was third in the Hennessy that year off 3 lbs higher. Last season he was a credible third to Maljimar at Cheltenham off 1 lb lower and wasn't disgraced off 8 lb higher when fourth at Cheltenham. It has to be taken on trust whether he is race fit, but Ron Hodges is banging in the winners of late, as is jockey Noel Fehily, so I think he is worth a speculative investment. 33/1 Bet 365, 0.5 pt EW (3 places, 1/4 odds).

Re: Newbury - 26th Nov 13:30 Newbury I like a few in this race but I am going to side with Festival Dreams who has been successful twice over 2 and a half miles since stepping up in trip earlier this year. Was third off this mark on her return at Wincanton LTO and should be in contention for this race at a nice price. Off the same mark again today but doesn't have Danny Burton on board so loses his 7lb claim but I am willing to give her a chance with a capable jockey in Durack on board. She has placed on soft and heavy going so the ground shouldn't be a concern for her. I am going to have a saver on Sir Kezbaah who is stepping up to a more suitable trip today. Was runner up to subsequent winner Dontpaytheferryman at Carlisle on return. Is definately open to further progress over this further trip. Has run twice on Soft and Good To Soft going so far, placing on both conditions so the going should suit. 0.75pts E/W Festival Dreams @ 14/1 (VC - BOG) 0.5pts E/W Sir Kezbaah @ 12/1 (VC - BOG)

Re: Newbury - 26th Nov

13:30 Newbury I like a few in this race but I am going to side with Festival Dreams who has been successful twice over 2 and a half miles since stepping up in trip earlier this year. Was third off this mark on her return at Wincanton LTO and should be in contention for this race at a nice price. Off the same mark again today but doesn't have Danny Burton on board so loses his 7lb claim but I am willing to give her a chance with a capable jockey in Durack on board. She has placed on soft and heavy going so the ground shouldn't be a concern for her. I am going to have a saver on Sir Kezbaah who is stepping up to a more suitable trip today. Was runner up to subsequent winner Dontpaytheferryman at Carlisle on return. Is definately open to further progress over this further trip. Has run twice on Soft and Good To Soft going so far, placing on both conditions so the going should suit. 0.75pts E/W Festival Dreams @ 14/1 (VC - BOG) 0.5pts E/W Sir Kezbaah @ 12/1 (VC - BOG)
Both ran fairly good races I thought, Festival Dreams died off near the end though but Sir Kezbaah finished 4th.

Re: Newbury - 26th Nov

Fin' date=' not sure Colombard would have won that day in testing ground & probably wise to take it on again. One to consider may be [b']Prince Du Beury which has disappointed on a number of occasions & has never won in 14 attempts however off a mark of 102 & with Geraghty in the saddle, who knows. Ran over C/D in March 2008 & was going ok when UR in race won by Ballydub. I dont know how many chances you give the horse but i may back it if i can get a big price, if its 10/1 or under then perhaps not, anything around 16-20/1 & i may have a go EW
2nd :ok didnt see the race but only got caught close home, finally the horse shows some form! EW return on at 12/1, returned 9/1 SP :ok