** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series

1st Test, Dunedin Conditions There is rain forecast on days two and three and scattered showers on the fifth. The fifth day of the last Test at the University Oval, against West Indies in 2008, was washed out after which questions were raised about the ground's drainage For that reason im going for.. Draw @ 3.0 (william hill)

Re: Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series I've edited the thread title mate so everyone knows what sport it is. I won't be concentrating too hard on this series with 3 other series going on which are on TV but I'll keep an eye on it and maybe have a few bets if and when they arise. Quick series synopsis, this is a 3 test series with the 1st starting in a few minutes and the next two to come from Wellington and Napier. Good luck with the draw bet Ani.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series

Sport Cricket
Event New Zeland v Pakistan 1st test
Selection New Zeland
Strength 10/10
Date 28/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 2.50 (Back)
Reasoning This price seems appealing after day 1. New Zeland did well to hand on early on then some decent partnerships kept them going on day 1. 6 down and McCullum and Vettori batting, they should be looking to make 350-400. New Zeland have a much better bowling attack than batting, and with that sort of total have a great chance. Pakistan have young tem and I think they will struggle in these conditions. Weather may be poor near the end of the test but maybe that won't be needed.

B McCullum to get over 52.5 runs @ 1.8 (williamhill) yesterday he was on 25 of 60 balls and hes played himself in. I reckon him and Vetorri can take New Zealand past 350 quite easily and maybe even 400.
Team Total Runs - 1st Innings Over (282.5) @ 1.83 (paddypower) Well they've just lost a wicket but i still feel New Zealand will get a lot of runs, seems a good pitch, currently on 8/1 of 1.3 overs
both of them wins 100% profit so far this series :nana with there being a stop yesterday cos of the rain the draw looks the favourite as well now

Re: Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series Pakistan are such a mercurial team. They will either knock over NZ for next to nothing in this 2nd innings or suffer an amazing collapse on the last day. For this reason Ive taken the double chance New Zealand or Pakistan - 5/4 (bet365)

Re: Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series 2nd Test Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. R Taylor. 86 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 He's probably New Zealands most experienced batsmen and in the last test he scored with 94 & 59. Should get the 86 points quite easily.

2nd Test Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. R Taylor. 86 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 He's probably New Zealands most experienced batsmen and in the last test he scored with 94 & 59. Should get the 86 points quite easily.
2 catches in pakistan first innings- 20 points 30 runs in nz first innings- 30 points 2 catches in pakistan second innings- 20 points 15* in nz second innings- 15 points Total- 85 points 1 more run needed! :nana

Re: Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series New Zealand to win @ 11 bet365 Very very small stakes on this, its strongly doubtful that it will happen but with Pakistans luck in Test matches you just never know. New Zealand need 335 runs to win but time is on there sides with 3 days still left to play you never know. Theres a lot riding on Ross Taylor, so hopefully him and Fulton can build a partnership then McCullum & Vetorri can get some as well.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series Teams just don't chase 400+ in test cricket mate. Would love them to do it, as it's O'Briens last test match before he retires from test cricket and he comes accross as a decent bloke. You know the price on betfair is 18.5 now? much better to take that than bet365's skinny odds. Best of luck

Re: Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series Last one for me for this test match... BB McCullum to score 50 or more (New Zealand 2nd Inns)@ 3.25 bet365 Hes the last recognised batsman left now so hes not gonna go all out straight away. Hopefully he can play himself in properly and him and Taylor can build a decent partnership.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series 3rd Test @ Napier The last 2 Tests @ Napier.. New Zealand v India (26th March 09) New Zealand- 619/9D India- 305 & 476/4 Result- Match Drawn New Zealand v West Indies (19th December 08) West Indies- 307 & 375 New Zealand- 371 & 220/5 Result- Match Drawn Pitch and conditions: McLean Park usually likes batsmen and only twice this decade has any side been bowled out for less than 250. For the above reasons im going for a draw. Match drawn @ 2.5 williamhill D.Vettori Performance Points 115 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Hes going to play as a number 6 batsman so he should get some runs, also might pick up a few wickets so this line shouldn't be to hard.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series Just the one for me in this deciding test match. 5pts K.Akmal's Performance Pts - 96&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Kamran Akmal is in decent form on this tour. He's batting well and has managed to get plenty of catches. It's a good sign that he's batting well as Napier has to be one of the most batsman friendly international wickets there is so if he can get in then Akmal can easily cover this in one knock. However there's always some decent bounce and if someone like Asif can get the ball nibbling a bit then catches behind the wicket should come. Over two innings here though you'd be disappointed if a batsman as good as Akmal can't notch 96 runs so I'll take the overs here pretty certain that he'll go beyond 100pts as he has done in the opening two test matches.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series You beat me too it Kev! I liked the look of Vettori from ani's post, always like someone capable of reaching the total by means of 2 disciplines + catches! Although he is unlikely to take too many wickets on this pitch he is capable of clearing it with the bat alone over 2 innings I feel. While I was on the site though, I noticed Akmal and came back to post details, only find you'd already done it!

Re: Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series Well with Pakistan collapsing for 223 all out it looks like my draw bets gone. Vettoris currently on 100* so just need 15 more runs from him. Akmal got 22 in the first innings and currently has 2 catches so need 54 more points from him. For a bit of interest in the game i've got... New Zealand to get over 425 runs @ 2.0 stanjames NZ are currently on 346/6 and Vettoris on 100* whilst Tuffey is on 13 of 32 balls. The pitch still looks good for batting and i reckon Vettori can get another 30/40 runs in so 60 runs shouldn't be to hard to get.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series a 25pt stumping for Akmal means he only now needs 29 more :hope Vettori cleared his with ease with the bat :clap and Pakistan's stubborn batting to close the 3rd day without lose has made the draw the favourite with the bookies now, although I'm less confident about that one! Pakistan are more than capable of a collapse and although the reports say the wicket is still batsman friendly, it will be turning more for the likes of Vettori! All in all though, definately heading in the right direction and I wouldve taken things as they are when I placed the bets so :hope

Re: Cricket: New Zealand v Pakistan Test Series Yep only need 29 more points from Akmal, hopefully he should clear that with the bat. Right now Pakistan are on 128/0 so the draw looks likely but i would never ever trust Pakistan in cricket. I bet in the first session tonight they'll end up being 150/4!