Greening up before the off trial

Hi all. The past few days I have been reading an awful lot about "greening up" - the process of backing at larger odds than the lay to lock-in profits. For the obvious reason of guarranteed profits this appeals to me alot. So here I will be paper testing something just to see if it works. Every morning at around 9.30 I will post a selection of horses and their betfair backing prices. There will be one morning meeting and one evening meeting as I am interested in the difference between the two. The horse selections will be taking from the Sun newspaper tipster Templegate. I will be using his selections as I believe many punters will follow him, shortening the odds toward the race's. I will then post the same horses again but with the laying prices at around 12.30 - 1.00pm in the hope of securing profit. For the evening races I will post the new laying prices again at around 5pm. It will be interesting to see if there is a large difference just before the race or a few hours before. Ok so today the selections are:

Meeting Horse Backing Odds Laying Odds Laying Odds
Ascot 9.20am 12.30pm 17:00:00
12.55 Red Harbour 2.64
1.3 Awsome George 2.7
2.05 Manyriverstocross 1.6
2.4 Double Dizzy 7.4
3.15 Bowleaze 8.8
3.5 Zabeel Palace 4.1
Wolv
5.5 Light Sleeper 2.66
6.2 Sonhador 5.3
6.5 Private Equity 5
7.2 Headache 7.8
7.5 Playboy Blues 5.2
8.2 Luisa Tetrazzini 4.4
8.5 Robby Bobby 6.6
9.2 Bidable 6.4

Re: Greening up before the off trial Good luck, mate, it will be interesting to see the results, although I don't trade horses! :ok My piece of advice is: don't get too excited and too greedy when things go your way, but also don't get dissapointed when things go against you, and never ever chase your losses, i.e., dont enter the trade just because it's next race and you need to recover loss from previous race(s); as the name of this horse at 2.05 in Ascott says, there are many rivers to cross before you lock up in steady profit.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.