** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup Play -offs - Nov 18th

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Play -offs - Nov 18th

Having said that' date=' I'd price this as a 50/50 match so will be laying Egypt HT/FT. Bit safer than laying Egypt outright, think this could be a 0-0 HT, 1-0/0-1 FT match.[/quote'] Heh, bet came in, shame I didn't dutch 0-0 HT 1-0/0-1 FT though. Still, win's a win!

It is never too late, Mahno...:hope Plus the fact that your team is in the play-offs is a great credit as it is, remember how long Argentina had to struggle to get to the WC... Of course once you are here, and after a good result in Athens it should hurt, but such is football.. Heads up, 15 mins to go :hope
Hah,it's all about politics mate.As fas as Surkis and Dynamo clan will stay behind Ukrainian football we will have no chance to get anywhere closer WC.We are just good average team,that's all.

Re: World Cup Play -offs - Nov 18th Uruguay v Costa Rica - Costa Rica only claimed a spot in the play-offs based on their home form, think they won 8 out of 9 or something crazy on their artificial pitch, which was like playing 'on concrete' according to the Uruguayans..no particular team news to report its more build up to the game but i gather the Costa Rican who got sent off in the second half will be suspended for the game..I am a bit wary of the Uruguayans unspectacular home form in qualifying, but it did improve in the latter stages of qualifying and they were facing superior teams to the one they will face tonight, i think Costa Rica knew they had blown their chance of qualifying when USA equalised in the 93rd minute of their last game, it was always going to be very difficult for them against a side that has experience of play-offs in the last two World Cups (facing Australia twice, winning one losing other on penalties).. I think Uruguay will be focused and go for the win even though a goalless draw would see them qualify, Costa Rica have to score and that pressure should create some holes at the back that Forlan, Suarez and co can exploit..they have superior players, a sold out stadium of 65,000, and are playing a team that i dont think really believes it can now go through..i'm betting on: Uruguay @ 1.5.. Uruguay -1 Handicap @ 2.37.. Uruguay -2 Handicap @ 4.33.. Uruguay 1-0 @ 6.5..Stake 1.0..

russia should lose it now just had a player sent off unless abramovich gives a special signal to the ref ofcourse
No man,even ref won't help them.they are just too proud of themselfs.Just back from ukrainian football website,you wonna see what fcukers wrote there about us.Hope they loose. They showd weakness in last match against Azerbajan if you watched that game.They start palying smart but if game doesn't go their way they start playing dirty.Also they think they are mega team cos few players play in EPL.

Ukraine @ 1.86 pinnacle Hard to recommend a Greek side that was second best at home in the first leg, as they are far too cautious and defensive in their game and allowed Ukraine to attack them regularly. Now they are away in the second leg and will probably adopt the same tactics but face a side that has not conceded a goal in their last 5 qualifiers. As Greece is unlikely to score, then Ukraine at home, with a big crowd supporting them, and probably played in cold conditions which will suit them, have all the advantages in their favour. If any team is likely to win thn, it is they, especially if they show the same form as they did in Greece, then a goal will surely follow. Bosnia - Portugal over 2.5 @ 2.05 centrebet Bosnia showed in the first leg that they are not overawed by the Portuguese and could consider themselves very unlucky they did not have at least one goal in the first leg. As for the Portuguese, espect them to play much better as they have been far too reliant on Ronaldo in the past and believe now have adkusted to playign without him. They will face a pretty hostile crowd and who will push the Bosnians to attack from the start. Would not surprise to see Bosnia to score early and level the tie, which should open the game up even more and expect further goals to follow. Slovenia - Russia over 2.5 @ 2.24 pinnacle While Russia controlled the first game to win 2-1, Slovenia showed that they are able to break down the Russians with a goal in the end, and expect them to be able to find the net here again. They beat Poland 3-0 in their last home game and showed that they are tough to beat at home while Russia scored and conceded in their last 2 away qualifiers. A goal will change the context of this game very quickly and irrespective of whoever scores, will force the other team to attack even more to swing the tie back in their favour. Can see goals happening in this game France -1.5 @ 2.74 pinnacle As much as Ireland gave it their all, they lacked the quality to beat France at home and now travel to the continent where they are a goal down. France have steadily improved during the course of these qualifiers where earlier on, they struggled, but an emphatic 5-0 win over Faroe Islands and a 3-1 home win over Austria showed that they are coming into some form prior to beating the Irish in the first leg. Anelka and Henry provide that cuttin edge which can create and score quite quickly and the Irish, though they will give it their all, will be underdone by the difference in talent between the two sides.
bad luck blackcrow