** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series I missed Kevshats pre game bets, I didnt realise the game started so early! From a series point of view though... 1 up 3 to play... Morgan has 27 of the 140 runs required so 113 needed from 3 more matches and Trott is 2nd in the leading batsman stakes behind only Collingwood. All-round good show :clap

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series That's pretty much how I'd assess the day really. England saved me from a horror show and at one stage I thought Wright's performance was a given, especially with a wicket after 7 overs. Then he wasn't used again with bat or ball :wall. England winning though puts the outright into position and one thing about Wright not batting was that Morgan got a chunk of his runs. England's top series bat already looks a 2 horse race between Trott and Collingwood. If England win the series with a game to go then we may rest Collingwood if he's still carrying a niggle so that's looking good. So bad day match betting wise but the outrights have been set up nicely so not all doom and gloom. Next game is on Friday at Cape Town which as ever with day/night games at Cape Town, will be decided when the coin lands at the toss.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series

Sport Cricket
Event South Africa v England 3rd ODI
Selection England
Strength 10/10
Date 27/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.74 (Back)
Reasoning Easy for me to stick with England. They just seem in great form, especially the batsmen. england look like getting lots of runs against average South African bowling. Broad might come in for Mahmood and that would be a big plus for England. In 2nd ODI England used a lot of bowlers and showed that they have a lot of options and guys who can get through some overs in the middle period. Toss important in this match, so all the more reason to back at this price.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series It's 20 from 25 teams batting 1st under lights have won here. Of the 5 batting 2nd's to win day nighters we've had targets of 184, 144, 197 and then South Africa beating Zimbabwe and India beating Kenya so it could easily have been all 25. As I said before, this match could well be settled by the toss of a coin. I'm not betting too much before the toss. Just one in fact. 4pts P.Collingwood's Performance Pts 43&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Paul Collingwood's performance totalled up to 155pts at Centurion and I see no reason why he's suddenly going to drop 113pts here at Cape Town. I expect Collingwood to play a part in all 3 disciplines which will help us get this total covered. He could easily score 43 runs, he got 105 in Centurion and you wouldn't be surprised were he to cover the total in the field. He took 2 wickets and a stunning catch in the 2nd ODI. So he's got lots of scoring methods and I expect him to cover 43pts.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series I like the look of De Villiers as top runscorer for the Africans. Batting at 3 should get plenty of overs and i expect him to make up for his failure last time out. 1 point @ 4/1 corals

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series one more - on what Allan donald has described as an extremely slow wicket, i''m taking skybets odds of 5/6 on there being under 75.5 runs in the first 15 overs. The return of broad is a positive and we may see an over of swann in the powerplay overs on a slow turning wicket.

one more - on what Allan donald has described as an extremely slow wicket' date=' i''m taking skybets odds of 5/6 on there being [u']under 75.5 runs in the first 15 overs. The return of broad is a positive and we may see an over of swann in the powerplay overs on a slow turning wicket.
Unlucky mate. Think you've been done up by Allan Donald here. Where does he get a slow wicket from? The last 5 batting 1st scores here have been - 274/7, 107 (Pakistan), 238/8, 255/9 and 289/6. I know there's the massive d/n bias but those scores suggest that batting 1st here in the daytime, it's a good pitch. Further indication of that is that in the last 2 ODI's here there has been 31 wickets, and only 6 have been taken by spinners. SA brought in Parnell and Morkel for two slower bowlers so I really don't get what Donald's on about. He said the same about the wicket in Centurion too for the twenty20. 10 overs in and SA are pushing 150 :unsure. If it ain't a Beefy pitch report, take no notice :ok.

I like the look of De Villiers as top runscorer for the Africans. Batting at 3 should get plenty of overs and i expect him to make up for his failure last time out. 1 point @ 4/1 corals
Great call Otter :clap:clap. England are going to be "chasing" 350 here :sad.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series cheers Kev - it was obvious after a few overs that it was easy to score runs on this strip! It's unlike me to bet on unders as well - ah well De Villiers has rescued the situation - that didn't look good though with Smith going well - thought that was gone. Fingers crossed for Trott to score heavily, as i too had him @ 7/1 bet365 to be top run scorer - seemed too big after his calm batting in the t20. :hope

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Interestingly skybet have priced up England's first 15 overs at 77.5. Having seen S.Africa easily beat their margin of 75.5 (without overs 11-15 being powerplay), and with England chasing runs at 7 an over, so needing to get a good start. .... I'm on! Obvious negatives of the size of the run chase, floodlights, and return of Parnell. However the pitch looked lifeless, we are mostly in form, have some confidence and 5 and over for the first 15 should be within our capabilities even on this "....slow wicket." (A.Donald) :hope

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Also just taken a small value punt at Morgan top batsman 11/2. Couldn;t find any value with Trott, Strauss, Colingwood ( i generally look for 4/1 for top bats) Whilst not doubting the class of Pieterson, he's been out for a while and may need more time to find his straps. The possible scenario of the pressure of chasing over 350 making our top order batsmen take chances and lose regular wickets, may lead to Morgan getting in earlier than normal and launching a counter attack. Hope i'm wrong! But there is value here for a man in form and this is a small bet for interest value.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series phew made it! with 2 balls to spare - it should have been much easier, we slowed down dramatically in the middle there after losing those 3 wickets. Worth a punt on Wright, but didn' pay off - 1 more wicket b4 morgan comes in - noone has a big score yet so :hope

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Cheers Ani - i was expecting around 82.5 so snapped it up 5/6 - noticed that they reduced it to 8/11 just before the innings began. Hope you didn't put the Morgan bet on mate ;) Well done on the Collingwood performance bet KEV (said through gritted teeth, as it puts Trott a long way behind him now ;) Colly looks great at the moment! Shame about the size of the defeat - we were never going to get there, but to have come close would have been good for confidence.

Cheers Ani - i was expecting around 82.5 so snapped it up 5/6 - noticed that they reduced it to 8/11 just before the innings began. Hope you didn't put the Morgan bet on mate ;) Well done on the Collingwood performance bet KEV (said through gritted teeth, as it puts Trott a long way behind him now ;) Colly looks great at the moment! Shame about the size of the defeat - we were never going to get there, but to have come close would have been good for confidence.
Ta mate, good call with the England 1st 15 overs :ok. Bit of a shame for Trott today, the only positive is it took a wonder catch to get rid of him. We could maybe do with Parnell lobbing more balls at Collingwood :lol. I'm not sure it will effect confidence too much, that's their ground and I think we kinda knew we weren't winning when we lost the toss. We gave it a fairly good go and were still around a run a ball when we were bowled out. SA are now 25 from 28 at Newlands :eek.

Cheers Ani - i was expecting around 82.5 so snapped it up 5/6 - noticed that they reduced it to 8/11 just before the innings began. Hope you didn't put the Morgan bet on mate ;) Well done on the Collingwood performance bet KEV (said through gritted teeth, as it puts Trott a long way behind him now ;) Colly looks great at the moment! Shame about the size of the defeat - we were never going to get there, but to have come close would have been good for confidence.
Yeh i got in at 79.5 Luckily i didnt have enough time to bet on Morgan, i wanted to see how he would be first few balls and he went and got out. Ive also got Trott as top runscorer and hes 95 runs behind Collingwood so i strongly doubt he will beat him, but u never know!

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series 4th ODI A Strauss, 41 runs or more @ 2.5 bluesquare His last 2 matches in the series has resulted in scores of 24 & 16 so hes not exactly been setting the scoreboard alight but he has been getting starts. After yesterdays horror show the captain has to lead from the front and hopefully he can make a decent start to the england innings. I also need Trott to get near to collingwoods runs as ive got him as top scorer so fingers crossed he gets a big score and we dont need collingwood to come in.

Sport Cricket
Event South Africa v England 4th ODI
Selection England
Strength 10/10
Date 29/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.75 (Back)
Reasoning I'm sticking with England for this game. OK lost the last one but that was definately a ground where you had to bat first. I also didn't realise South Africas excellent record at that ground. In this game, could well be a more low scoring match and suit England more. I still like the England team, bat all the way down to 9 and have lots of bowling options. Batting has lot of guys in form, and Pietersen getting some time at the crease in last match could start firing. South Africa were good in last match, but I'll take England at this price.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Hi guys, I'm new to betting and have started to bet quite a bit on the cricket recently. However this may sound a daft question (Ok, very daft) but I placed a bet a few weeks ago on a double at William Hill - England to win the One Day series and to win the test match series v South Africa. Both were 4/1 I think. But I didnt include on the betting slip that it was a 'Cricket' related bet. If it were to win would they be able to work out from the information given on my slip that it was a cricket bet or not? Or would they try and use it as an excuse to get out of paying me, as its worth about 800 quid, should it come in. Like I said, it may sound a daft question but I really aren't sure. Any feedback (especially if you work in a bookies) wouldy be greatly appreciated. Thanks :-)

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Well there isn't a rugby union or any other such series going on right now or soon so I'd imagine they would. William Hill's system is computerised and all that now y'know so it'd take a bit of time to verify but if you win, you shouldn't have a problem claiming. Meanwhile I can't remember the last time South Africa were skittled out...currently 98-8 after 32 overs! :eek :loon

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Cheers mate, yeah I thought that would be the case, just wanted to check though. I did tell them it was a cricket bet when they went to find me the prices on their screen but after checking, forgot to put it on the slip. Theyve put the prices on the slip for me so that also adds to my case I suppose. England looking very good to go 2-1 up in the series, superb spell from Jimmy!