Southwell - Fri 6th Nov

2.30 Southwell There are plenty familiar faces lurking in the line up here for this class 4 sprint over the minimum trip. Five of the runners are course and distance winners and that can prove to be a good pointer here at Southwell, where the surface is unique. Ideally, you want to be drawn down the centre of the track, and of those with a middle draw it is Lesley's Choice that stands out in my opinion. Roger Curtis enjoyed group success over in France at the start of the month with Zafisio and so confidence will be high around his Lambourn yard. Nevertheless, it is the form of the horse that makes the bet for me here, having caught my eye when flashing home to finish runner up tp the well handicapped Invincible Lad over course and distance on the 29th September. It was a performance noticed by Hugh Taylor too, and the selection was posted on Hugh's ATR blog last time out when sent off at 13/2, but, notably, drifting. Personally, I didn't fancy his chances that day given the trip. The horse has reserved all of his best form to date when raced over five furlongs so it was perhaps no surpise to see him weakening inside the final furlong last time. This drop back in trip will suit tomorrow though, he is 3 lb lower than his last win, and I am getting on now just incase Hugh goes in again with this one in the morning and the price collapses. He responded well to first time blinkers recently, I think his last run donning the same headgear can be discounted on the basis of the trip, and if the first time visor works the oracle tomorrow he could go well from the front. 10/1 Bet 365, 0.5 pt EW (3 places, 1/4 odds).

Re: Southwell - Fri 6th Nov Another we both like fin ;) Good luck mate fingers crossed 2.00 Southwell Would normally stay away from claimers especially 2yr old ones but angies nap looks to have been found a superb opportunity to get a hatrick on the board. Is now found the winning ways and always runs a cracking race around here have won 2 handicaps recently and well deserve current mark and is therefore well in on the weights and Atzeni claiming a further 3lb! 1pt win angies nap 2.30 Southwell A brilliant 5f sprint on the fibresand and a few of these don’t have southwell form so leaving out for that reason but could go well and that includes feelin foxy who is dangerous if taking to the surface. I have got my shortlist down to 3 and cant go any further. Lesleys Choice is well drawn and ran out a cracking 2nd time before last in a far tougher handicap before flopping when tried over 6f and just not getting home all wins have come at 5f and goes well on the southwell surface and a likely front runner. Figaro flyer is another that loves it round here finishing 2nd when last seen here off a mark of 69 and is now rated 70 and is plenty higher enough in handicap right now but is in such good form and far to over priced at 7/1 from a good draw. I tipped first order last time out when 4th at wolverhampton after an encouraging 4th here time before and is now a further 2lb lower in handicap and looks well handicapped now last winning off a mark of 75 in December last year at great leighs. 0.25pt win lesleys choice 10/1 bet365 bog 0.25pt win Figaro flyer 7/1 bet365 bog 0.25pt win first order 12/1 bet365 bog 3.30 Southwell Salerosa pulled well clear from the rest when second behind miss glitters last week but runs 2lb out of the handicap today and may find this a little too hot. Avertis clearly likes it around here based on 2 runs but recent form suggest probably a little bit out of form. Hilbre court loves it around here and was underestimated last time out by me and the market when finishing 3rd at 40/1 and runs off same mark today and should be in with a shout again back on his favourite track. Mcconnell is still 6lb higher than last win round here and still looks dangerous after a run last time over cd when was left too much to do but running on strongly. 0.5pt win mcconnel 4/1 bet365 0.5pt win hilbre court 4/1 bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.