Darts :European Championship 2009 (29/10-01/11)

Re: Darts :European Championship 2009 (29/10-01/11) It's not on TV unfortunately which doesn't help for betting purposes but most bookies have prices up now. I'll take a couple of outrights for the tournament. Not sure how much match betting I'll do with no TV action but we'll see. Both these are 1/2 odds to 2 places. 1pt ew A.Lewis to win European Championships 28/1 Boylesports Adrian Lewis played some really good darts in Dublin and should've pushed Taylor a lot closer than he did in the quarter finals but lost every set that went 2-2 which showed he's maybe not quite ready to beat the great one on the big stage yet. So maybe with this tournament not on TV, he'll cope a bit better should he face him in the final. Long way to go before then however but the draw isn't the worst for him. Lewis has knuckled down at last and has won a couple of floor tournaments in recent months which should stand him in good stead. He's made a couple of adjustments to his throw to be more deliberate and that looks to be working a treat. He's recently become a dad which should dedicate the mind even further and in a tournament he was runner up in last year, I'd be surprised if he's not in the mix on Sunday this weekend too. 1pt C.Osborne to win European Championships 35/1 Boylesports Colin Osborne will be brimming with confidence coming into this weekend. He won the Championship League last week, beating Taylor in the final. I always think he's a better player in the straight matchplay format rather than sets so I expect a decent showing from him this weekend. I never mind backing Osborne and I've already had a decent pay out off him this year when he was runner up in a similar event to this in the UK Open. I think Osborne is ready to step up a win a real big tournament and while this isn't top of the tree in terms of profile, it's big enough with it carrying a 50,000 Euro 1st prize. The Wizard isn't in Taylor's half in this so I expect him to go really well this weekend.

Re: Darts :European Championship 2009 (29/10-01/11) Was it on TV last year? Maybe the the year before? I'm sure Scholten played the worst game of his life against Suljovic and Rodriguez beat Terry Jenkins in the 1st round? Anyway, good shouts with Lewis and Osbourne. Lewis can beat anyone on his day, and the consistent osbourne will beat anyone not firing on all cylinders.

Re: Darts :European Championship 2009 (29/10-01/11) Wes Newton looks a good prospect against Robert Thornton for me. Newton got to the final in the recent PDPA tournament in Nuland, losing to Steve Beaton 6-1, but he took out Adrian Lewis in the semis, as well as Colin Monk and Roland Scholtern in earlier rounds. Thornton went out in the 4th round 6-2 to Kevin Painter after unknowns Braulio Roncero and Jordy Terburg both took Thornton to a deciding 11th leg. Newton also reached the final, losing to Phil Taylor in one of the PDPA event prior to the recent World Grand Prix so it's clear that Newton is in some decent form whereas Thornton was under the weather at the Grand Prix, playing with his throwing hand strapped up and if I remember correctly he'd recently been up in front of the magistrate after assaulting his wife. 5 pts on Newton at 2.25 with Betway

Re: Darts :European Championship 2009 (29/10-01/11) Into evens now big man. I agree with you though. I'm on that and one other. Stubhoy you've got a dodgy paper mate. It's not on TV at all unfortunately. 3pts W.Newton to beat R.Thornton Evs Stan James Wes Newton has been playing some decent darts in recent weeks. He looked good in Dublin and almost put out the eventual runner up, Barneveld, in the 2nd round. Since then he's made the final of a players championship event last weekend so he should be full of confidence coming into this match. Thornton is a player I usually keep on my side but he's been crap for most of this year since I landed a 33/1 touch on him in the players championship finals. When we last saw him he had his hand strapped up and his off the oche problems are well documented. 1st to 6 is a bit of a lottery but I have Wes favourite in this match so I'll have a small bet on him. 3pts A.Smith to beat R.Baxter 11/8 Skybet The Pieman is another who has been going ok recently. He made the quarter finals in Dublin, sending a seemingly rejuvenated Colin Lloyd packing that week and just last weekend he made the quarter finals of a players championship event so the darts are going nicely for Smith at the minute. You can never rule Ronnie Baxter out but he looked awful at the Grand Prix and his results since haven't been up to much. Again, this 1st round is a bit of a lottery but if Smith can get going from the off, he can stop the rocket launching in this tournament.

Re: Darts :European Championship 2009 (29/10-01/11) Not the greatest of nights for me last night. I think we can assume Bob Thornton's hand is no longer broken :lol. Averaged 104 :eek. Smith was averaging 110 through 4 legs. Lost the next 4 with barely a whimper :sad. Not going mad tonight. Just one bet. 3pts K.Painter to beat M.Walsh 5/4 Sportingbet I'm surprised at Kevin Painter's price here. We all know he's got the ability to beat most of the players in this field and with the format so short you could make a solid case for going 5/6 the pair in this match. That's certainly how I have it anyway. Painter scores very heavily and while he's not perfect on his doubles he's not bad. I don't know why, I always feel Walsh is a slow starter. He's a quality player though and I don't see either player winning this easily but as I say, at the price with a best of 11 leg format, I have to be on Painter at this price.

Re: Darts :European Championship 2009 (29/10-01/11) Have not been following this at all. Quarter-finals (start 12pm), semi-finals (start 6pm) and the final all today! Outright odds and best odds: Phil Taylor 2/5 (Blue Square) James Wade 6/1 (Bet365) Gary Anderson 10/1 (Bet365) Mark Walsh 20/1 (Sportingbet) Mervyn King 20/1 (Sportingbet) Colin Lloyd 50/1 (Sportingbet) Steve Beaton 66/1 (Sportingbet) Jelle Klaasen 66/1 (Sportingbet) Quarter-finals and best odds: 12pm Jelle Klaasen 10/11 vs. 6/5 Colin Lloyd 1pm Phil Taylor 2/7 vs. 7/2 Gary Anderson 2pm Mark Walsh 1/2 vs. 7/4 Steve Beaton 3pm James Wade 8/13 vs. 11/8 Mervyn King Semi-final draw: * Klaasen/Lloyd vs. Taylor/Anderson * Walsh/Beaton vs. Wade/King

Re: Darts :European Championship 2009 (29/10-01/11) I pretty much gave up on this tournament as a betting medium when Painter led Walsh 4-1 and lost 6-4, the 2nd time in 2 nights that someone I backed lost 5 on the trot from a winning position. Some of these averages are interesting. Osborne lost last night averaging over a ton :eyes. Taylor averaged over 118 against Anderson this afternoon :eek. Semi finals are Taylor vs Klaasen and Wade vs Beaton. They start at 6pm UK time with the final due to begin at 8.30.