PL Heads-Up League - Game 5

billy the punter

Re: PL Heads-Up League - Game 5

Sorry to be the boring guy here - but is it wise for you Billy to accept bets on yourself, when your'e acting as bookie? :unsure Don't get me wrong - i am in no way suggesting you would do worse on purpose if large sums was betted on you. It just doesn' seem right. Please don't take offense Billy
No offence taken. If I offered up a book then I have to accept bets on every runner. I'd be over the moon to pay GaF his winnings if I win the league. I still make a profit (as it stands) as the prize money is more than the losses on the bet. Besides, given I added a little to the prizes, it's obvious I'm not running this to make money. :ok

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said you did. Your organization of this is very appreciated :ok
I know you didn't - just trying to get my point across. You're correct, there is a possibility that taking bets on yourself can lead to you "throwing points" in order for that bet lose. However, as I'm not running this to make a profit (all in the name of fun), then it's not a concern. :ok

Re: PL Heads-Up League - Game 5 Billy - It's not just about the possibility of you throwing points - I could throw points too against you to help you. I wouldn't EVER - but the risk is there from your side. I'm comfortable with it, and believe we'll both try our best in all our games - I dont think the stakes are high enough for either of us to throw games (especially against the prize money on offer) - so long as we both (and everyone else having a punt) understand that, then I dont think there's an issue :ok Besides, if you're half a bookie, you'll balance your book and it will make no difference who wins :tongue2

Billy - It's not just about the possibility of you throwing points - I could throw points too against you to help you. I wouldn't EVER - but the risk is there from your side. I'm comfortable with it, and believe we'll both try our best in all our games - I dont think the stakes are high enough for either of us to throw games (especially against the prize money on offer) - so long as we both (and everyone else having a punt) understand that, then I dont think there's an issue :ok
:ok
Besides, if you're half a bookie, you'll balance your book and it will make no difference who wins :tongue2
I'm trying! :D

Re: PL Heads-Up League - Game 5 Having struck bets on 6 of the field, odds are fluctuating based on that, as well as form/position. So again, please don't take offence if you're a big price. Betting billy the punter 5/1 ubermonkey1 17/2 Woodie 17/2 Hooloovoo 10/1 Nade 11/1 Avon Girl 14/1 GaF 14/1 voiceofjoe 16/1 Guppie 16/1 TQD 18/1 Jaded 18/1 Samba Sampa 18/1 gazza 20/1 runadrum 20/1 superfoo 25/1 starshine 25/1

Besides' date=' if you're half a bookie, you'll balance your book and it will make no difference who wins :tongue2[/quote'] How often does a bookie that ever have a 'balanced' book :\ ...... In reality it just doesn't work like that. In a 16 Runner Field they'll usually have 2 big losers 2 mediocre loser - and most of the 'Rags' running for them.

Re: PL Heads-Up League - Game 5 Game 5 billy the punter v superfoo GaF v Samba Sampa Guppie v gazza Avon Girl 1-1 Hooloovoo (NLHE) starshine 2-0 Jaded (NLHE) Nade 1-1 voiceofjoe (NLHE) Woodie 1-1 ubermonkey1 (NLHE) TQD v runadrum Games in hand Jaded v gazza gazza v superfoo gazza v starshine gazza v billy the punter superfoo v Samba Sampa To be played by Sunday 18th October :ok

Yeah I 'spose. In order to discourage it and to keep it simpler for me could you just hold back the result? eg Post game 6 result AFTER the game 5 deadline has passed. :ok
Just a thought - with a market on the league and with flutters taking place, I dont think results should be witheld :unsure For the record - I gave up on trying to consolidate my games into a single evening - so will just play them in the proper windows.

Up to date table...

Form

P

HW

HD

HL

AW

AD

AL

GF

GA

Pts

Hooloovoo

WWWLD

Woodie

WDDWD

ubermonkey1

DWDWD

Avon Girl

LDWWD

Nade

WDLWD

billy the punter

DWW

GaF

DLWW

voiceofjoe

DWDLD

Guppie

WLLD

TQD

LWDL

runadrum

DDDL

Jaded

LDD

Samba Sampa

DLL

gazza

superfoo

LL

Starshine

LLL

Could you add the 3 "total" columns (W,D,L) between the "P" and "HW" columns? Would make it even easier to see how each one is doing

Just a thought - with a market on the league and with flutters taking place, I dont think results should be witheld :unsure For the record - I gave up on trying to consolidate my games into a single evening - so will just play them in the proper windows.
Yeah good point :ok Although I don't think anyone played ahead in the end anyway. Next time I post fixtures I will give clearer instructions re windows.

Re: PL Heads-Up League - Game 5 Just to confirm the result against Star - wp Star! I brilliantly walked into a higher straight at the end of the 2nd game thinking that my 45 on a 367 flop looked good - will teach me not to be cavalier about the 5 on the turn!