MLB 8th July ( And in General)

Baseball seems to have very little following around here. Dont know if its the limited coverage or not? Anyway, started getting into it a few months back and although still not knowing much about individuals, seem to do ok reading the form. My record so far is something like 9-2 with most bets around the 4/6 - 10/11 mark. So now Ive decided to curse it by going public with my bets. Ill try to add a little reasoning in but most is just by figures. So tonight: OAK @ BOS - Boston (-1.5) to win 5pts @ 10/13 Boston have beaten Oakland the last two nights 11-0 and 11-3. Boston have near enough their strongest team out now and are batting superbly, even with 2 of their star players underperforming. Bostons pitcher is 11-4 this season with an ERA of 3.08. Oakland's is 3-5,4.05 ERA(4.97 ERA in his last 5 starts) PIT @ MON - Pittsburgh to win 5pts @ 5/6 Montreal are having an awful season , having the worst percentage record of all and 1 of only a handful of teams in the .300's. Pitcher Amras Jr is throwing a 5.60 ERA for the season and, despite having a good last 2 outings, will have to perform as there's not much else in the bullpen. To add to the woes, Montreal also have the worst batting average in MLB. Not what you want against a man who only gave 2 runs in 7 innings in his last outing. Benson (4.63 ERA) has a 3-1 life record and 3.90 ERA against the Expos, having not lost to them since early 2000. PIT are 9-1 in their last ten with a loss 2 games ago breaking a 10 game winning streak. ALSO 2.5 pts on the double. EDIT:- In case anyone does have an interest, both games start at 12.05 BST.

Guest abookiesworstnightmare

MLB nice to see someone talkin bout baseball, i watch it every night at work, i'm an oakland fan as the Tag under my name Suggest :) . we should start posting picks every night :ok

MLB 8th July Well going public certainly worked it's curse. 8th inning was a killer for me last night. 1-1 tight game between PIT-MON until Mon grabbed the winning run in the 8th to win 2-1. BOS had a comfortable lead for most of the game until OAK picked up 3 runs in the 8th, sending the game into a 10th inning. BOS ended up winning 8-7 but not good enough for my -1.5 bet. A little frustrating because over 8.5 runs was the same price and I deliberated between the two and ended up picking the wrong one.

Re: MLB 8th July ( And in General) Def. advise this to anyone interested in MLB. Had a few problems with buffering ocassionally but nothing major and soon settled down. Was great being able to flick between games and go to another game after the one I was watching had finished too. Not only do you get the games live but now Ive got access to the games again, compressed game, extended highlights and key plays so I can wath the games I missed at my own leisure. This really does seem great , especially for about a tenner a month.