Heads-Up League

billy the punter

Following on from the success of the HU Knockout Tournament I thought a HU League would work. I am happy to organise and (semi) sponsor. Here's the idea... Games will be $2 HU on PokerStars (not turbos). Each player will play every player twice, "home" and "away". The "home" player will pick the game choosing from... No-limit hold 'em Pot-limit hold 'em Limit hold 'em Pot-limit omaha Pot-limit omaha hi-lo Limit omaha hi-lo Limit Razz HORSE Once I get the numbers there will be a rule on the amount of times one player can pick a non-hold 'em game, in order for any Razz/Hi-lo experts to gain too much of an advantage. Games will be best of two. 1pt for a draw, 3pts for a win. Players will fund their own games and keep any prize money. There will be a $20 entry-fee and I will add 30% extra to the prize fund. Prizes will be awarded to the highest finishers obviously (top 25% getting paid), there will also be other prizes in order to keep interest going throughout the season - longest win run etc. Unlike the knockout, deadlines will not be as sharp. Post your interest asap, and/or any comments. Does anyone see any problems with the format? Entry fee ok?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Heads-Up League I'm pretty sure we once had a site that set aside some PL Private HU Tables at one point, although not sure how that would work with the different variants ? I'd be happy to play dependent on Site and Time Frame. ... by site its not a preference from one to another just that I can't access some being on AOL. Just a thought, do the Stars 'Fun Money' heads up Tables offer an alternative, maybe they don't fill up as quick.... and if they do fill up you're not costing yourself anything by sitting out against people who aren't in the league ?

Re: Heads-Up League As I said above it will be Stars. Most PL'ers have accounts, they offer lots of different games, has a smaller min buy-in the Betfair and monies can be passed easily from player to player (prize money later on etc). For those not interested I would like to hear some feedback. Is the entry fee to high? Are the multiple games a problem? Most of the games will be hold em anyway, I would imagine. There will be restrictions in place anyway as touched on above. :ok

Re: Heads-Up League Count me in please :ok I'm with the other views on this - I think having the variants may well put off a lot of people - on the flip side - It adds a very interesting side to it, where you'll constantly be challenged on your weaknesses and so you'll have to improve :ok

Re: Heads-Up League

I'll only play this on stars or full tilt' date=' not going to deposit on another site TBH. I'm not totally up for the idea as there's a lot of mixed games but put my name down at the moment..[/quote'] Just to mention, it's the "home" players choice, many will pick hold'em, so given your "home" matches probably around 80% of the game you will play with hold em.

Re: Heads-Up League Would defo be up for taking part in this mate! With regards to the $2.20s on Stars... they fill up super fast which could be an issue, but not a major one. However, can't really see an easy solution to this although there are play money HUSNGs but only for NLHE (and I'm unsure on the structure of these play money games). Another possible way around would be to play higher up and just ship back the stake to the loser. (i.e. $10.50s fill up slower, therefore less likely to get sat by a random, winner ships back $8 to the loser which makes it an equivalent of a $2 buyin)... Probably more hassle than it's worth though plus the added rake, although loser could always pay rake or something. Not too fussed about variants although I don't have a clue about Razz or Stud. I'd be more inclined to keep it just Holdem/Omaha but as it's mainly in the name of fun I'd honestly play whatever. :ok Maybe make a poll with the various variant combinations and go with the majority? League structure sounds awesome btw! ;)

Re: Heads-Up League

I may play this but depends if I can sort a Stars account with no hassle. Sure I used to have one but no idea of passwords and pretty sure when I tried last time it was a duplicate email. Do you need photo verification?
I've never had any problems with depositing or withdrawing to my debit card, other than they won't let me withdraw transferred in money as I've not played sufficient through.