usain bolt

Re: usain bolt Done a bit of looking and I'll answer my own question, yes he is! This is good news as you can get him at 17.5 at betfair! If you don't know who this guy is, he's a 17 year old jamaican who has blown away every junior record going in the 200m He's also run the quickest time of the year. 'On a chilly Easter Sunday afternoon Bolt smashed that jointly held record by .20 of a second, finishing in 19.93, which was also the fastest time in the world this year. The wind reading was 1.4 metres per second.' - IAAF Most major bookies have him about 10, and I think this refects the fact that he's been injured, but he's very recently passed a fitness test and is in the team for Athens. 17.5 looks a steal to me! :clap

Konstadinos Kederis That Greek guy worries me though. He's hidden away for so long with an injury who knows what's he actually been up to? I have my libellous suspicions about that fella. 0] :rollin If anyone's offering odds (not each-way) just for him to finish in the top three then I suppose I'd join ya. Still, it's a tremendous spot at this early stage if there's nothing wrong with him so good luck to Usain. I remember four years ago being amongst the 'many' who lumped on that fool Ato Boldon in the 200 metres only to see that Greek guy come from 'nowhere' to win it. :cry

Re: Konstadinos Kederis It's a fair point stereoman, Kederis could be a danger. I might be wrong here but the quickest time I could find for Kederis this year is 20.33! That won't get a bronze, but i see what your saying, he has run quicker before. I think this is the most open of all the mens track events, with any one of four or five athletes able to win it. However, you get get Bolt at 17.5 (that might have gone down actually) or Kederis at 3.5!? Also, the immense pressure that Kederis is under to do well could be in Bolts favour. Anyway, lets wait and see :D

Re: Konstadinos Kederis

That Greek guy worries me though. He's hidden away for so long with an injury who knows what's he actually been up to?
Are you physic Stereoman......:D Greece's 200m champion Kostas Kederis has been called to an International Olympics Committee hearing on Friday after he missed a mandatory drugs test. Kederis, due to attend the test with women's Sydney 100m silver medallist Ekaterini Thanou, failed to appear. :rolleyes

usain bolt My man Bolt has steamed down to 7/1 at Ladbrokes and Paddy Power but you can still get 12-13/1 at Betfair. IMO the only three who can beat him are Crawford, Gatlin and Powell and they all have just 1 day to recover from the 100 final before the 200 heats. He's run faster than Gatlin and Powell anyway this year (is Powell even running the 200??), so I reckon Betfair is still offering great value. On a slightly differnent note, Holm is about 2.3 to win the High Jump. Any thoughts on this?

Re: Stefan Holm Certainly some kind of good value but gah, I'm scared some outsider's gonna do something 'spectacular' and steal the gold in the men's high jump. We've seen it happen in the men's shot put (a sixth and last attempt and some Polish guy beats out the favourite!). I'm very interested to know whether the 4/7 that William Hill have on offer for Christian Olsson to win the men's triple jump is 'the steal' of the Olympics or a potential sucker bet (he's around 1/4 at most other places). Is he carrying an injury, for instance? For some reason, I can't find any info and determine whether or not William Hill know something we don't know.

usain bolt I have the same fears about Olsson as you have about Holm, The triple jumps is such a 'technique' based event that an outsider could just nail one of their jumps and walk away with the gold. I know olssons record is exceptional this season, but that Lister guy knocked out about 17.80 in the US trials! and Olsson got beat by Opera t'other week in Stockholm. I'd prefer to back favourites in events where there is a bit more margin for error

They both won! AARRRGGGHH!! FFS! >: :banghead :cry Hope I didn't scare you off lumping on Stefan Holm as judging by the ante-post prices (at least 2/1 before the price came crashing down) a few people just cleaned up pretty damn well. Me? Well no I didn't put money on Olsson. :(

usain bolt a quick glance at the bbc results page would suggest mr Bolt has let me down, sorry if I threw anyone a bent spoon there. Stereoman, due to lack of internet access, I didn't get any money on holm. I've got Dwight Phillips in the LJ and that russian lass (current WR holder) in the PV for me to break even. Look on the brightside though, we could have backed Radcliffe in the marathon!