Do you know your horses?

Kithanga

I'm currently playing around with the idea of choosing a certain type of race to follow due to the fact that I'll see the same horses running time & again. The theory being that I'll get to know them and their requirements much better, improving the speed at which I can assess a race and the resulting profit level. Sounds simple but it's not proving easy to define what the 'type' should be......Does anyone else do this? Are there any problems with this approach that you've found? Does it work for you? Splitting them by distance, for example 5/6f sprinters seems fine at first but is difficult to keep going when you're looking into a class 6 handicap at Redcar on a day of Class 1/2 middle distance races at the better courses. Splitting by class 1/2 has similar problems. Horses don't stick to the same class of races so the theory of seeing the same ones running isn't true. Tomorrow's class 2 handicap at Ponte for example has only one runner that's been in a class 2 race in it's last three runs and that was 11th of 17. It's looks more like a class 3 contest whereas Kempton's class 3 handicap is full of animal who've previously raced at class 1 & 2. Thoughts?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.