Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept

fintron

3.10 Goodwood We Have Dream ran a big race at Epsom last time out and was only beaten by a short head by Idle Power. An undulating track evidently poses no problems for the William Muir trained gelding and even after a 2 lb rise from his last run he can be considered well handicapped on his old form as he has won off 7 lb higher previously. 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept 555 Perth: Ambrose Princess EW Ambrose Princess won a couple of hurdle races at Wetherby and Newton Abbot earlier on in the summer and was quite impressive, the change of tactics and racing more prominently seemed to help the horse plus the better ground. Since gone back to the flat and ran well in two races and then was aimed at the big handicap at Newton Abbot for her hurdle comeback last month. She finished 7th to Raslan in a race where it got a little messy and was hampered slightly, that was over 2m6f, her first try at that trip and now goes even further here to 3 miles. Has been dropped 5lbs so runs off 115 which is very fair in my book and the opposition doesnt look that great to me, if she stays the trip she must be in with every chance and at 14/1 looks a bit of value.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept Redcar 5:40 Yorkshire Blue. 1 point LAY I can understand why this is favourite. Won last time. Same course, same distance and same jockey. No penalty for that win as it was an apprentice handicap. So he's still racing off a mark of 54 when his last win was off a mark of 74. It's seemingly all very persuasive. However, The reason he had slipped from 74 to 54 was that he hadn't won for 2 years. That win was in a real scramble of a race where the first five finished almost in a line. The fourth has run since then and has let the form down badly. I think things just fell right for the selection that day, and at 10 years old I suspect we are not going to see a consistent performance, but one more equating to his previous runs over the past couple of years. It's a poor quality field, but there are enough horses in it with flashes of form to make me think this is worth laying.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept Kempton 7.20pm Luc Jordan 1pt lay Stepping up to 1m 2f today v a field that is gonna be hard to beat imv,horses form is very nice but nice dont win races and this horse has a few 2nds to its name which says to me its finding it hard work to win races and today this will be the fact in this race,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept 3.10 Goodwood 'Reject' Very well backed last time out and just given too much to do by the jockey. Same trip, same class of opposition, admittedly some unexposed, but is obviously in form and stable fancied last time leads me to believe will be fancied and well placed today. Liam Jones takes over from female apprentice.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept 4.20 Goodwood Plymouth Rock 1pt win He won his first race at Bath but was only 3rd of 4 in his next race, in this race he was slowly away and then stumbled 10 yards out which probably hindered any chances of winning. He's probably better than the form of his last race would suggest. The distance should suit and the going shouldn't be a problem and he could go well today. The trainer has 6 wins / 2 places from 20 which goes up to 8 wins / 4 places in this type of race. The trainer / jockey combo is running to 10 wins / 6 places from their last 20 rides together.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept 1.45 Redcar: Weekend Millionair 0.5pts E/W Think this one has a great chance today in a not particularly strong looking maiden. Odds on favourite Cash Anna Queen from the Barry Hills yard is rightly favourite but has only achieved a rating of 77 so won't be that difficult to turn over today. Was very tempted at a larger price by Milton Bradley's horse Avon Grounds whose debut run form is not as bad as it looks on paper. However I couldn't get away from Weekend Millionair who I think is in with a decent shout. Has shown fair form finishing 3rd on both outings to date - both on soft ground. Encounters a faster surface today for the first time and on breeding looks like it could bring about improvement. Trainer is in decent form at the moment and think this one has place claims at least in a not particularly strong contest and is decent value at current 16/1.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept RUSSIAN WAR 2.25 Perth. 1 point win. Unlucky last time, as I think he would've won the race (my opinion), and this race certainly no tougher. The trip and ground isn't a concern and strong rivals look very thin on the ground. Several have chances on bare form, but we're one of them and are opening to further improvement. We should go very close to winning this race.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept addison de witt 300 per. 1 pt win. did nothing wrong when winning hurdling debut and can improve on that. te form matches up to anything in the race and although several are very unexposed and could be anything, so could we. race should be run at a decent enough pace and that should ensure we give our running and get involved in the finish.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept FOREST DANE 3.10 Goodwood. 0.5 points each way. Appears to find it difficult to get his head in front, but at the same time always gives his runing and has the form to go well again today. Has been kindly dropped 2lb to a mark of 64 for this race, and with the capable Sophie Doyle taking off another 5lb, it all bodes well for a big run. The trip and ground wouldn't be a concern and the race should be fast early, so every chance in my eyes.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept 3.25 REDCAR (1m, Cl4, G/F) ROYAL DIGNITARY Last 3 runs at Redcar have been 1-1-2 all over 7f, up to 1m today but off a rating of 82, can go close on its favourite track. Up in class today to class4 however has ran well in this class before, so no worries there. Adrian Nicholls gets on well wiht the horse & is 3 from 6 this season on this Middleham park racing horse.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept 3:45 Goodwood - Perfect Stride - Back Twice Over has obvious claims, but 4/9 is ludicrously short. He tends to struggle when in listed or group company, and I think he could come un stuck again. Perfect Stride was finishing well in a race that was not run at all to suit lto. A more proper gallop will play into his hands today as even though it's a small field, I think it will be run better than that was 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept

3.10 Goodwood We Have Dream ran a big race at Epsom last time out and was only beaten by a short head by Idle Power. An undulating track evidently poses no problems for the William Muir trained gelding and even after a 2 lb rise from his last run he can be considered well handicapped on his old form as he has won off 7 lb higher previously. 1 pt win
What a great start to the thread today - both the name of the horse and the result :clap:drums

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept 8.50 Kempton Secret witness ran a cracker last time out on the all weather at lingfield and is only raised 1lb and could be well treated if continuing in same form and progressing like a lightly raced horse also has a nice draw. Tamasou is another that won decisively last time out but hasn’t got the best draw tonight but could still be well treated again. 1pt win secret witness

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept Kempton 8.50 - Transfer - EW Just looking at the favourite tonight, Secret Witness, and notice that Transfer finished one and a bit lengths behind it at Lingfield last time. That was Transfer's first outing for nearly a year so it might well come on a bit for the run (particularly as it raced 'keen' that day). It also has a 2 lbs change round in weights Gotta be a chance that it will reverse placings with the jolly and if it does that it must have a chance of winning Currently around 10/1, looks a good EW shout

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 23rd Sept 850 Kempton Musical Script E/W A late entry today, I've been waiting all year for this one, Neil Callan's record on this horse is 1211 over the past few years. Last won off mark of 70 late last year, goes off 72 tonight. Does well at Kempton when on form, has had a few recent runs which should have fitness level back. There are a few others who should be thereabouts, Secret Wizard and Beauchamp Prince, but having waited a year to make this bet, I'm taking my chance.