some rugby league value

Don't know if anyone here follows rugby league, but its the last round of matches this weekend, and theres some rather odd pricing in the Cas V wakefield game These are their positions in the table: pos. pld W D L F A pts Wakefield 6 27 14 0 13 756 634 28 castleford 12 27 6 0 21 487 892 12 This was the score last time they played: Wakefield (10) 39 Castleford ( 18 So basically cas are bottom of league, have lost to wakefield (a very strong side) once already this year yet are ODDS ON to win the game! 1.94 on wakefield is available at betfair and IMO is outrageous value, haven't looked elsewhere but its definitely worth a punt. Only small stakes though as there has been some suggestion that the odds reflect the fact that cas have been 'pencilled-in' to win the game.

Cas/Wakefield I wouldn't touch this one. Its the last match of the Superleague season, Castleford need to beat Wakefield to have any chance of staying up (they are 2 points behind Widnes and 20 odd down on points difference). Wakefield have secured their Top-6 berth for the play-offs (a great acheivement in itself). I don't think there is any suggestion of Cas being given an easy ride by Wakefield - it just that Cas need the victory more than Wakefield - a situation often found at the end of the soccer season which is always reflected in the odds, but not necessarily in the outcome. For Castleford it would be a real Houdini act if they escaped relegation, but they are on a roll and would not be suprised to see them win.

rugby league value believe me wakefield will not be giving cas an easy ride. We've been waiting for this day for a LONG time. This season we've been a class apart from casand the odds just don't reflect it. I was trying to be objective in my original post, but i have to admit i've been a wakey fan since i could walk and am looking forward to sending cas down and if it makes me some money all the better :ok

Re: rugby league value :rollin it was my attempt at leaving all emotion aside and looking at the cold hard facts. Part of me wants them to stay up for the derby element, but after having them look down their noses at us and some rather ungracious comments by their chairman a few years ago most of me hopes we stuff them and they go down, although with RL politics as they are i'm not sure they'll be relegated even if they do lose. The side will want to be on a roll going into the play-offs and even if we rest a couple of our best players (ellis and solomona are likely to be rested, or not play the whole game IMO) we can still win comfortably. The game should also be available in-running at betfair and we'll be well worth backing if we're behind at half time, the stats show we've scored about 60% of our points in the second half this season and our incredibly strong finishes have been one of the most impressive aspects of our game this year. I've taken them at the 1.94 that was on offer which should buy me plenty of celebratory :beer :beer

Re: rugby league value Good luck, my housemate is a big Salford fan so he will be supporting your lads too. I can never bring myself to back any team who doesn't have to win, because I believe, no matter what the pride at stake is, when it comes down to the crunch they won't put themselves on the line as much as they would if needing to win. But good luck anyway :ok

Castleford I must confess to having a vested interest here. I had a lumpy bet on Castleford to go down a good few months ago when they got off to such a terrible start. So from looking like money in the bank, it now goes down to what should be an 'interesting' couple of hours tonight. I hope Wakefield give 'em hell !!