Grex's HOMES; 558 selections; +5.1% yield

Grex

Re: Grex's HOMES; 367 bets; +10.8% yield Just two selections for Sunday. Spurs were in the frame for selection, but, following Gareth Bale's injury (hope he recovers soon), Spurs have lengthened from 1.8 to 2.3 :loon nfbr_04b_ucn57.png

Re: Grex's HOMES; 367 bets; +10.8% yield Udinese won... and it looked good for Inter.... after 60', they were cruising at 3-1, but then 3 goals in 12' by Atalanta screwed it. Perhaps the Serie A "silly season" has started early this year. Anyway, both the EP and Serie A have played 31 rounds, so there will only be one more round of selections.... next weekend. sj5g_06d_ucn57.png

Re: Grex's HOMES; 369 bets; +10.7% yield It doesn't look as though there will be any selections this weekend (the final round of games for the system). The only possible candidate is next Tuesday.... Arsenal-Everton. I will wait to see how the odds move.

Re: Grex's HOMES; 369 bets; +10.7% yield Well, the odds for Arsenal have dropped to within the selection range. However, I have just realised that Arsenal and Everton have played 32 games..... as the system officially ignores the last 6 rounds of matches, the game does not qualify. As with previous years, I will keep an unofficial track of performance until the end of the season. nfbr_b20_ucn57.png

Re: Grex's HOMES; 369 bets; +10.7% yield Now that the system has been put to bed for 2012/13, I can summarise the season's performance….. and it has not been good :\. In fact, for the first time in four seasons, we suffered a loss (4.3%). Interestingly, the unofficial "X-Stake" system performed slightly better, with a loss of only 3.0%. The performance of the English Premier was particularly disasterous, with a loss of nearly 20%. The table below shows the results over the four seasons. The EP has consistently been the under-achiever, and I may consider dropping it for next season - perhaps bringing in a substitute league, if I can get some good back-test results. 136m_ccb_ucn57.png

Re: Grex's HOMES; 369 bets; +10.7% yield It's difficult to know what to do in this sort of situation isn't it?... Was this season just a one-off or a new trend? the results of the previous three seasons suggest that it may be the former, but I must admit that I have only been following the Italian picks for the last few months. Whatever you decide to do Grex, good luck with it & thanks for sharing.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Grex's HOMES; 369 bets; +10.7% yield My pleaure, Westcoast. The thread more-or-less looks after itself....... it isn't exactly rocket science :p Just realised, I didn't post the final results of the "unofficial" selections for 2012/13. Yet again, the strategy of ignoring the last 6 rounds of games paid dividends, with a negative yield of 12% :loon See you in September.... have a great, relaxing summer :ok sj5g_87f_ucn57.png

• 1 month later...

Re: Grex's HOMES; 369 bets; +10.7% yield

My pleaure, Westcoast. The thread more-or-less looks after itself....... it isn't exactly rocket science :p Just realised, I didn't post the final results of the "unofficial" selections for 2012/13. Yet again, the strategy of ignoring the last 6 rounds of games paid dividends, with a negative yield of 12% :loon See you in September.... have a great, relaxing summer :ok sj5g_87f_ucn57.png
Maybe for the last 6 rounds you could change your bet to double chance on the away sides and see how that works out!

Re: Grex's HOMES; 369 bets; +10.7% yield Thanks for the suggestion, Banner. In fact, using Away DC would have produced a positive yield of 1.7% on the unofficial selections.... certainly better than the negative yield of 12%. However, it is still way below the overall yield of 10.7%, so I think I will stick with the strategy of ignoring the last six rounds of the season :ok

Thanks for the suggestion, Banner. In fact, using Away DC would have produced a positive yield of 1.7% on the unofficial selections.... certainly better than the negative yield of 12%. However, it is still way below the overall yield of 10.7%, so I think I will stick with the strategy of ignoring the last six rounds of the season :ok
I agree haha! What site do you use to pick your teams/Overs each week! Thanks!

Re: Grex's HOMES; 369 bets; +10.7% yield Actually, Banner, this is the "Homes" thread. Selections are based on EP/IA home teams with odds of between 1.45 and 1.80 as published by Bet365..... as I have said before, it is a very basic system for brain-deads like me ;) For my other "Overs" thread, the selections are based on a statistical model into which are fed 1X2 odds and O/U odds..... so, there is no particular site used.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Grex's HOMES; 369 bets; +10.7% yield Thanks, Mglanfield. Yes, I hope it's another profitable season :hope The selections don´t start until after the sixth round..... so the English Premiership will start on 05 October, and Serie A on 06 October.

• 1 month later...

Actually' date= Banner, this is the "Homes" thread. Selections are based on EP/IA home teams with odds of between 1.45 and 1.80 as published by Bet365..... as I have said before, it is a very basic system for brain-deads like me ;) For my other "Overs" thread, the selections are based on a statistical model into which are fed 1X2 odds and O/U odds..... so, there is no particular site used.
Are you taking out the BPL this year? Its actually quite amazing, I've did quick back test with this for other leagues, and most are near the break even point. So not good enough to back nor good enough to lay. Anyways cheers from Canada

Are you taking out the BPL this year? Its actually quite amazing' date=' I've did quick back test with this for other leagues, and most are near the break even point. So not good enough to back nor good enough to lay. Anyways cheers from Canada[/quote'] Hi, Fakesociedad..... and :welcome to Punters Lounge. Not quite sure what you mean by "BPL". When I did the original back-testing, only the EP and IA stood out...... no logic in this, probably just a statistical "blip". But it seems to be profitable over the past 4 seasons, so I will continue. Both the EP and IA have now played 6 rounds, so this weekend will see the first selections of the 2013/14 season (looks as though there will be three). I have kept an "unofficial" track of the first 6 rounds and, as usual, the results have been poor (that's why I avoid them!!)....... wzag.png I will post the weekend's selections Friday evening / Saturday morning :ok PS...... my previous image hoster ("imageframe") seems to have disappeared. I am now using Imageshack, and the quality (above) seems to be poor. I will try to improve for the next post.