** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Worst beat you've taken?

ValueFinder

Yes, yes another 1 of these, if you don't like it, DO ONE! 1 will forever stand out for me. It was in the jackpot sit and goes on ipoker $50 buy ins where 6 top 2's in a row wins you a tasty bonus prize of 750$ Now I had 5 top 2's in a row (4 wins and a runner up) and this was tourney no. 6. I can't remember the exact way the hand went but I was in the BB with a JcQc There were 4 in the pot. Flop came QQ 2 (rainbow) 3 checked including me and 1 clown went allin for about 8 times the pot. I started laughing. He was very unlikely to have the KQ or AQ as he limped pf and obviously 3 Q's were already in play 6 handed. So I called and he flips over A 5 offsuit. Turn comes 4, River comes 3 to make him a straight. I think the probability for that to happen worked out @ 1.2% or something like that. If I held up I could have went down and made a sambo and a cuppa and folded my way to the $750. :spank:ok

Re: Worst beat you've taken? It's not always the hand %'s that make it a bad, sometimes the manner of the beat is what really hurts. Which is what I was trying to explain in my beat post the other night. A few stick out but they will probably not be classed as bad beats on here as they weren't 99/01 shots, BUT the manner and the money involved is why they hurt. This from a live game couple of years ago. £5/£10 PLHE (most sitting deep) with compulsary £20 straddle on the button. UTG raises pot, £75 to go. Folder Folder Caller (me) with 44 Caller Button caller SB caller BB caller Flop 234 Raiser checks I check All check Turn 2349 SB checks, BB bets the pot, £450. Original raiser calls £450. I reraise the pot, another £1800 Fold around to BB, he moves in for about £4000. Original raiser folds. I call in a hearbeat. BB has A9. A9 vs 44 on a 2349 board. (no flush draws) River 5. A pot of over £11,000 and rivered. I know it's only a 90%'er but how bad was his play? This is a big game player remember. Also I feel I was unlucky the original raiser didn't bet the flop, especially considering he was willing to call a bet on the turn. The cards say it was a 90/10 shot, but what are the odds that the KK won't c-bet and that the mushroom in the BB will commit 5k with A9 and then hit a 10%'er? :lol This was a prime example why you cannot sit underrolled in games.