** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australia » A League (6-9 August)

Thursday 6 August 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifMelbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners (11:00 BST) 1.61 3.65 6 106.18 %
Friday 7 August 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAdelaide United v Perth Glory (11:00 BST) 2.15 3.3 3.35 106.67 %
Saturday 8 August 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifNorth Queensland Fury v Sydney FC (08:30 BST) 3.25 3.35 2.16 106.92 %
maximize.gifBrisbane Roar v Gold Coast United FC (10:30 BST) 2.55 3.3 2.66 107.11 %
Sunday 9 August 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifNewcastle United Jets v Wellington Phoenix (06:00 BST) 1.95 3.35 3.85 107.11 %

Re: Australia » A League (6-9 August) First glance is that Newcastle must be snapped up at 1.95 against Wellington. The phoenix have lost Shane Smeltz their only serious goal threat to the new Gold Coast team, I have yet to see any evidence they've replaced him. Nailed on home win, In fact you could make a serious case for 4 home wins, with only sydney having a good chance away from home

Re: Australia » A League (6-9 August) AJ, I would have thought Gold Coast United might give Brisbane Roar a good go. They seem to be doing quite well preseason beating Fulham, although it was only with 2 late goals to win 2-1 against a Fulham side who had subbed Schwartzer at HT. I think it will be a close game. I want to look into the Adelaide side a little more. They've lost a few guys since last season I thought which might really affect them. I'm liking Newcastle as well, I know preseason games shouldn't be taken as solid info but until we get into the season there's not alot more to go off. Newcastle did defeat Brisbane Roar 2-1 but the second goal was given away by a penalty I believe. I still agree with you though they should be strong enough at home to defeat the current Wellington side. I think Sydney FC will get a result this week as well. I'm not very impressed by North QLD Fury very much.

Re: Australia » A League (6-9 August) Gold Coast United Keeper Jess Vanstrattan got an ankle injury today at training. It's not yet confirmed if or how long he will be out for but is expected to be out for 2-3 weeks. Scott Higgins is expected to lineup if this be the case. Defender Scott Wilson for North QLD Fury will miss approx. 8 weeks with a broken foot. Wilson who previously played for Rangers and Dunfermline in the SPL got the injury playing Wovlerhampton earlier mid July. The Fury have recently signed defenders Karl Dodd and Jack Hingert whom one of which is expected to start in place of Wilson. Dylan Macallister of Central Coast is also in doubt for their season opener against Melbourne Victory on Thursday night. Their star striker received a knee injury recently in a preseason 0-0 draw match against Wellington Phoenix. At this stage its 50-50 if he will play or not. The coach is expected to make a decision by tomorrow.

Re: Australia » A League (6-9 August)

The phoenix have lost Shane Smeltz their only serious goal threat to the new Gold Coast team' date=' I have yet to see any evidence they've replaced him.[/quote'] I've been reading that Tony Pignata was finalising a loan deal to bring Chinese Under-23 striker Jiang Chen over. I'm not sure if it has been finalised yet or not.

Re: Australia » A League (6-9 August) first match of the season kicks off in 2 hours. Melbourne -1 @2.50 Defending champs, big home crowd, best squad in the comp, etc. playing against the central coast who will struggle this season. Allsopp to score @2.25 Thompson @2.40 Hernadez @3.65

first match of the season kicks off in 2 hours. Melbourne -1 @2.50 Defending champs, big home crowd, best squad in the comp, etc. playing against the central coast who will struggle this season. Allsopp to score @2.25 Thompson @2.40 Hernadez @3.65
2-0 to Mariners. :nana Good job i trusted my instincts to put on them at 9.00 at my local.

2-0 to Mariners. :nana Good job i trusted my instincts to put on them at 9.00 at my local.
good that you kept that to yourself until they got infront. the goals were flukes, the game is rubbish. Melbourne look rattled because of those goals. A few halt-time changes and new mentality they can still win.

good that you kept that to yourself until they got infront. the goals were flukes, the game is rubbish. Melbourne look rattled because of those goals. A few halt-time changes and new mentality they can still win.
I watched the first 5 minutes ish and the pitch just looked awful. All of a sudden they had a free-kick after Archie Thompson fouled. I put a cheeky in-play bet on the Mariners and it paid off. Both goals were absolute gifted goals in terms of luck and that's football unfortunately. Thompson, Allsopp, and Hernandez weren't even there first half. I put a draw at half-time and i'm surprised they held 2-0. Some good chances for Melbourne when that Fabiano came on but they had luck on their side. Like i said to someone who asked me a few days ago. Why do i never share this with everyone? Because i very much doubt anyone is currently in Hong Kong and a member of the Jockey Club which offers the in-play betting service. :cow

I watched the first 5 minutes ish and the pitch just looked awful. All of a sudden they had a free-kick after Archie Thompson fouled. I put a cheeky in-play bet on the Mariners and it paid off. Both goals were absolute gifted goals in terms of luck and that's football unfortunately. Thompson, Allsopp, and Hernandez weren't even there first half. I put a draw at half-time and i'm surprised they held 2-0. Some good chances for Melbourne when that Fabiano came on but they had luck on their side. Like i said to someone who asked me a few days ago. Why do i never share this with everyone? Because i very much doubt anyone is currently in Hong Kong and a member of the Jockey Club which offers the in-play betting service. :cow
fair enough if it was an in-play bet. There are alot of other bookies that allow in-play betting though. very ordinary game. I'm sure melbourne will bounce back next week.

Re: Australia » A League (6-9 August) This is the reason I would tend to hold off the first few rounds of any league. I only got to catch the last 15 minutes of the game, it looked as though Melbourne were on the ball quite alot but just couldn't put it into the net. Thought the header from Allsopp was going to be a goal at the end there but just went over the bar.

fair enough if it was an in-play bet. There are alot of other bookies that allow in-play betting though. very ordinary game. I'm sure melbourne will bounce back next week.
If they don't bounce back i'll be really surprised. I'm sure the coach will give them an absolute earful after today's performance. Hernandez looked missing.

I'm sure the coach will give them an absolute earful after today's performance.
Ernie Merrick isn't well known for compassion ;) I'd expect there would have a been abit of chair throwing after tonights game.

Re: Australia » A League (6-9 August) Any sites that give info on the Hyundai A-league? I don't see another upset today like yesterday provided. So i'm going to back the Adelaide boys to make up for Melbourne's shocker against the Mariners. ---------------------------- On second thoughts after having read the team news i might go for under 2.5 goals and a draw. Perth have made a bucketful of signings and they will want to impress straight away. I reckon set pieces could be the key decider as Adelaide are not too comfortable when defending them.

Re: Australia » A League (6-9 August) Hey all...first time posting here Was just looking for aussie league tips and came across this site. Got badly hit yest with the melbourne game...bought over 2.5 goals and after 20 minutes thought it was money in the bag. Unfortunately...no more goals!! Anyhow..any advice on the adelaide game tonight? Just read perth have brought in some key signings and adelaide are lacking strikers. Under 2.5? p.s. Toffeeboy...I am from hong kong and a member of the hkjc so any in running plays would be appreciaited. Especially if they turn out to be 9-1 winners :)

Hey all...first time posting here Was just looking for aussie league tips and came across this site. Got badly hit yest with the melbourne game...bought over 2.5 goals and after 20 minutes thought it was money in the bag. Unfortunately...no more goals!! Anyhow..any advice on the adelaide game tonight? Just read perth have brought in some key signings and adelaide are lacking strikers. Under 2.5? p.s. Toffeeboy...I am from hong kong and a member of the hkjc so any in running plays would be appreciaited. Especially if they turn out to be 9-1 winners :)
Welcome aboard mate. Well yesterday was a shocker for Melbourne. I blame it on the pitch (crap excuse but it did make a difference)..The ball was bobbling all over the place and over 2.5 looked liked especially after the start Mariners provided. I'm surprised Allsopp didn't score his header towards the end. The in-play betting is really handy bceause you get a chance to review the team and pitch, as well as listening to the expert comments which in my eyes makes the most amount of difference. Soon as 5 minutes passed HKJC gave me odds for Mariners to win @ 9.00! Worth a small punt and very glad that it recovered my original bet on Melbourne and made profit! Adelaide and Perth are missing a few players and this one is going to be a hard one to predict. I expect the Adelaide defence to be quite strong. Perth have made a lot of signings who will want to impress but it could be a while before the team chemistry gets going! So i think it'll cancel out each other. I'm personally backing Under 2.5 goals @ 1.95 and i'll certainly be doing the in-play betting. :nana

Welcome aboard mate. Well yesterday was a shocker for Melbourne. I blame it on the pitch (crap excuse but it did make a difference)..The ball was bobbling all over the place and over 2.5 looked liked especially after the start Mariners provided. I'm surprised Allsopp didn't score his header towards the end. The in-play betting is really handy bceause you get a chance to review the team and pitch, as well as listening to the expert comments which in my eyes makes the most amount of difference. Soon as 5 minutes passed HKJC gave me odds for Mariners to win @ 9.00! Worth a small punt and very glad that it recovered my original bet on Melbourne and made profit! Adelaide and Perth are missing a few players and this one is going to be a hard one to predict. I expect the Adelaide defence to be quite strong. Perth have made a lot of signings who will want to impress but it could be a while before the team chemistry gets going! So i think it'll cancel out each other. I'm personally backing Under 2.5 goals @ 1.95 and i'll certainly be doing the in-play betting. :nana
Sounds good mate. Will probably back the same and see how things turn out. Btw, are you from hk? cause I noticed your location says manchester but you refer to hkjc

Sounds good mate. Will probably back the same and see how things turn out. Btw' date=' are you from hk? cause I noticed your location says manchester but you refer to hkjc[/quote'] Well my parents have moved to Hong Kong permanently. I've just come to visit them for holiday until i go back to England late September for university. The HKJC does some weird odds but it also gives some really nice ones like Randers last night to beat Hamburg was @ 11.5 which was just too tempting to put a punt on! what about you? where do u stay in HK?

Well my parents have moved to Hong Kong permanently. I've just come to visit them for holiday until i go back to England late September for university. The HKJC does some weird odds but it also gives some really nice ones like Randers last night to beat Hamburg was @ 11.5 which was just too tempting to put a punt on! what about you? where do u stay in HK?
Randers @ 11.5...thats some nice shit mate!! Wish I could take out bets like that..lol I live in kowloon...in ho man tin. Went to uni for 4 years and just graduated last summer..so been working since then. Enjoy uni while it lasts!

Re: Australia » A League (6-9 August) I'm up in the air with this match. Perth Glory do have quite a few new big signings though their preseason games haven't been too impressive. Adelaide and Perth played this very fixture back 26/06 which ended in a 1-0 win for Adelaide. As I said before though, thats only preseason stats and it's really not to be taken too seriously. Good luck to those who are placing bets.

Re: Australia » A League (6-9 August) Punter mate if you're watching the game wait for the first 5 mins of the game. See what tempo is like then decide on under or over 2.5. That's the good thing with HKJC they give some decent odds right after 5 mins into the game.

Punter mate if you're watching the game wait for the first 5 mins of the game. See what tempo is like then decide on under or over 2.5. That's the good thing with HKJC they give some decent odds right after 5 mins into the game.
Under is right now at 50c...feel its a bit too short only 20mins into the game. Good thing I bought it before the game. Hope it delivers...Best of Luck

Re: Australia » A League (6-9 August) I got my under 2.5 @ 1.90 and judging by the game now it's beginning to settle. The first 2 minutes of the game i was absolutely shitting myself because it was a clear penalty for Adelaide. Their right winger has got injured and been replaced by a teenager. I'm sticking my neck out to say this "quality will come through" and Perth will snatch this 1-0 hopefully.

Re: Australia » A League (6-9 August) Wow this game just doesnt want to settle down. Adelaide are trying to just bombard balls into the box and the big ex-Derby County man Todd is proving to be a rock! Coyne and Todd is a good defence in this league for sure. Just need Eugene Dadi and Saginovski (spell check) to get some service.

Re: Australia » A League (6-9 August) Penalty. That's the softest penalty i've ever seen in my life. Travis Dodd steps up. ------------------------------ 1-0. Oh dear. Real poor refreeing.. -------------------------------- This ref would get murdered in England. He's either pissed or on high i swear..Hughes nails his own team mate in the face and the ref gives them a freekick! My lord. ------------------------------- No offence to Aussie football but this game has been probably the worst game in terms of passing i've ever seen in my life.

No offence to Aussie football but this game has been probably the worst game in terms of passing i've ever seen in my life.
Our football isn't quite up to the EPL standard. I have to say I wasn't very impressed either.

1-0. Under :clap Nice job, Toffeeboy :ok
:nana Thanks mate altough the bet was won i was really disappointed today with the performance. Josh maybe i was expecting a bit too much with 3 Socceroo players playing right through the spine of that Glory team. Let's hope just like Melbourne they receive an earful from the coach.