Romania LiGA 1 2009/2010 preview

1 Cfr 2 Poli Timisoara 3 Dinamo Buc 4 Steaua 5 Urziceni 6 Craiova 7 Vaslui 8 Rapid 9 Otelul 10 Brasov 11 Pandurii 12 Ceahlaul 13 Astra 14 Gloria 15 Poli Iasi 16 Gaz Metan 17 International Curtea de Arges 18 Unirea Alba Iulia red= 1st place contenders green= europa league contenders blue= mid-table teams purple= low table teams orange= relegation contenders

Re: Romania LiGA 1 2009/2010 preview Their European football. They beat a good Ujpest side both home and away, which isn't generally applicable for Romanian sides on the road 'cause they ain't that good away. Ujpest were very good last year and I would have expected them to at least draw at home. Then they annihlated Motherwell, who are a poor side in the grand scheme of things, fair enough, but they did it with a depleted squad, I believe. They've also got off to a winning start in their campaign without conceding a goal, which is good considering the dodgy campaign they had last year. True enough, it was a promoted side but still - the Steaua I recall were efficient to the end so it's good to see signs of it coming back. Just my thoughts anyways