1st, 2nd and 3rd but still not a winner

Hi all. I was hoping someone who has been into racing a lot longer than myself may be able to help me out. I am very able at finding long odd horses that come 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Eg: Out of 14 races, 2 horses per race i had the following results: 2nd @6.5 2nd @4 3rd @7 1st @6 3rd @9 1st @3 2nd @2.75 1st @5.5 2nd @ 4 1st @ 6 2nd @ 9.5 3rd @ 10 I am able to do this on a constant basis. But i need help with either a staking system or advice on how to maxamize profits woking from above an example. Any advice would be appreciated :) Adam

Re: 1st, 2nd and 3rd but still not a winner Hi Adam... Not going to go down the staking plan road again but have you considered Dutching your selections for either a guaranteed target profit if either selection wins or a guaranteed profit from a set stake amount? You could also do this on a Dutch Place providing the odds are high enough. Example: Horse 'A' - Betfair price 8.0 Horse 'B' - Betfair price 10.00 You want say a "£10" profit if either horse wins. Stake on horse 'A' would be approx £1.61 Stake on horse 'B' would be approx £1.29 With a £10 stake: Horse 'A' £5.56 Horse 'B' £4.44 Profit..Approx £34 if either horse wins. On the place side of the above example you would get approx odds of: Horse 'A' - 2.34 stake = £5.26 Horse 'B' - 2.60 stake = £4.74 Profit if one horse is 'placed' ..£2.32 Profit if both are 'placed' ..£14.63 Hope this gives some food for thought but always remember that the odds will determine whether a 'Dutch' bet is a viable option. Mike

Re: 1st, 2nd and 3rd but still not a winner Hi mike. Again thanks for the great advice. I had read about this Dutch thing somewhere before, but it was called something else. But its exactly what i was looking for. Im still in the paper test stage so far, but if it works out ill be posting selections in the morning and hopefully people can win a few quid :) Adam

Re: 1st, 2nd and 3rd but still not a winner could u quickly run through an example of how the math's work on the formula for:

You want say a "£10" profit if either horse wins. Stake on horse 'A' would be approx £1.61 Stake on horse 'B' would be approx £1.29 With a £10 stake: Horse 'A' £5.56 Horse 'B' £4.44 Profit..Approx £34 if either horse wins. On the place side of the above example you would get approx odds of: Horse 'A' - 2.34 stake = £5.26 Horse 'B' - 2.60 stake = £4.74 Profit if one horse is 'placed' ..£2.32 Profit if both are 'placed' ..£14.63

Re: 1st, 2nd and 3rd but still not a winner Adam... Rather than give an example here I would suggest you visit the following link to a site which not only explains the maths but more importantly allows you to download a free dutching calculator too. This tool will save you time when it comes to placing bets. http://www.horseracingsystemsuk.com/dutch-betting-rules.htm I prefer to use 'Bots' that have Dutching software, using live odds built in, because Betfair odds can change a lot, particularly in the last ten minutes before the 'off'. All the profit/loss calculations are done for you, and at a click of a button the bets are placed. Using just a calculator often means going back and forth as the prices change which can be a bit of a pain!! You might like to try one or two out - both the following have free trials periods. My favourite is Fair Bot but I also use Betting Assistant too. Here are the home page links for both. Fair Bot: www.binteko.com Betting Assistant: www.gruss1-software.co.uk Hope this helps. Mike You will need a Betfair account to use - both require username and password.