ATP Indianapolis/Hamburg & WTA Portoroz/Bad Gastein,July 20-26

Re: ATP Indianapolis/Hamburg & WTA Portoroz/Bad Gastein,July 20-26

Why is Taylor Dent at -700 and ranked #210 in the world vs. Marcos Daniel who is ranked #75? This is at the Indy Tournament.
Dent was top 30 a few years ago until he had some injuries. He's got a huge serve and is on a home hardcourt. Plus he's beaten Daniel, a claycourter, twice this year, on clay and grass.

Re: ATP Indianapolis/Hamburg & WTA Portoroz/Bad Gastein,July 20-26 Going with Hernandez @ Evens to beat Beck today in Hamburg.He's been playing quite well lately winning a challenger event on clay earlier this month and has a 2-0 H2H over Beck both coming on clay (one this year).Beck had a purple patch earlier in the year but seems to have hit a wall right now losing 4 matches in succession...the last to Greul in Stuttgart.Expect a tight match possibly with three sets but hoping Oscar comes through this one. GL!

thinking seppi over gabash' date=' only cause im not a fan of gabash, seppi will be to strong, and grind it out.. probally 2-0 ?[/quote'] Yea i'm thinking that too. Seppi is a clear favourite here, the class between theese two players is different. Seppi is clear claycourter have a good serve , playing good at the baseline. for me today italian won't have a problems. Seppi (-3) handycap! :hope

Re: ATP Indianapolis/Hamburg & WTA Portoroz/Bad Gastein,July 20-26 Hi, this my first ever post (woo!). I agree with Keliot above on the Dent info - maw49 it's dangerous to read too much into rankings (especially with players that have been out injred and therefore dropped down) as a measure of ability / probability of winning etc. In my experience recent form and surface are the BIG factors. Today I'm going for Reynolds to beat Dancevic in Indianapolis. I'm a fab of Dancevic but I think it's a bit steep to have him as odds-on favourite to win this on hard court. His best results have come on grass. Plus, Reynolds is 2-0 over Dancevic at ATP Tour level - and one of those wins came in this very tournament last year. Best price 7/4 Bet365 and Boylesports at the mo (P.S I only ever use 'all bets void' bookies for tennis match bets - I don't claim to ever know anything about 'injury news'!).

Hi, this my first ever post (woo!). I agree with Keliot above on the Dent info - maw49 it's dangerous to read too much into rankings (especially with players that have been out injred and therefore dropped down) as a measure of ability / probability of winning etc. In my experience recent form and surface are the BIG factors. Today I'm going for Reynolds to beat Dancevic in Indianapolis. I'm a fab of Dancevic but I think it's a bit steep to have him as odds-on favourite to win this on hard court. His best results have come on grass. Plus, Reynolds is 2-0 over Dancevic at ATP Tour level - and one of those wins came in this very tournament last year. Best price 7/4 Bet365 and Boylesports at the mo (P.S I only ever use 'all bets void' bookies for tennis match bets - I don't claim to ever know anything about 'injury news'!).
:welcome to PL The Flyman. Good luck with Reynolds :ok.

Re: ATP Indianapolis/Hamburg & WTA Portoroz/Bad Gastein,July 20-26 :welcome Flyman,nice post,unlucky thought.. Start worrying about you Gooner,good call as always but that's reeeally bad luck(the king was break up in the second but somehow managed to loose :puke),welcome back ;)! Trying one wta treble today with Koryttseva,Klaffner(who?) and Hercog @5.3 Koryttseva trails Ribarykova 2-0 h2h,with the last match on clay from the last year won in straights,same as the first.Ribarikova looked like she reached her best form two months ago(I think that's why she's so overrated here)when she took the title in Birmingham on grass and was expected at least to play some decent tennis but she lost two times in 1st rounds after that,it's clear that she strugles to find her rhytm big time now while,Koryttseva isn't shining as well recently but played great last year here in Bastad(semifinal),experience and h2h record is on her side what is enough to me use her as treble material. Klaffner,Klaffner is playing home,can't find on what court she will meet Hladikova but is sheduled to be the last game for the day and it should be the centre court,that would give her some extra motivation,good support!She's three years younger(18) than Hladikova and only 5 places lower ranked,plays mostly on lower tournaments same as her opp. and this is a great chance to make her first notable showing on big wta event.The main reason that I put her to in my treble are Hladikova latest results,disaster..Klaffner should justify the roll of a fav here. Hercog is playing at home too,improved her ranking rapidly this year,to date is 40-8:notworthy.Watched her two times this year,when upset Kleybanova on RG,and earlier in Moroco when ashamed Vinci in straight sets.Plays amazingly good,posses great powerful serve and is all over the court!Should prove her quality against Brianti without much troubles,expect her to be convincing today. Some low priced favs in Hamburg,may have a small punt on Navarro and Starace as their opponents are used to be upseted by even weaker players.1.7 for Kunytis in two looks a bit short,still not sure.Will come back if I make some other bets throught the day..GL,all

Re: ATP Indianapolis/Hamburg & WTA Portoroz/Bad Gastein,July 20-26 Thanks repunt, and thanks for welcome messages guys. Regarding WTA treble today, afraid I know absolutely nothing on the women's game, so I can't comment on that! Good luck though. Today I'm going odds-against again. Can't really see why Schuettler is the underdog to beat Mayer in Hamburg today... I know he's had a few hammerings this season (couple of 6-0 sets against him) but since Wimbledon he seems to have picked up his form again. People were murmuring about an injury a few weeks back I think but I don't remember him retiring recently? Anyways, Mayer plays mainly at lower-tier, Challenger level these days - Schuettler plays at ahigher standard almost every week. Also Schuettler has 2-0 head-t0-head on Mayer and I rate him as a good battler. Should be up for this in front of German fans, too. Schuettler at 11/8 Paddy Power is the bet for me. Let's hope the first two bets I mention on here don't both lose - I usually do pretty well with my tennis match bets, honest!

Re: ATP Indianapolis/Hamburg & WTA Portoroz/Bad Gastein,July 20-26 Just came back home..after Koryttseva disappointed(sorry Zimp),modified my treble to Kunitsyn,Klafner and Hercog now @ 3.1:hope Took Dabul v Kunitsyn_under 21.5 games @ 1.85 Class lies between these two,after some withdrawings of the big names in Indy,Kunytsin is now the 2nd seed and has good chance to go far this week.Dabul is poor when performing on hard,he's classic claycourter.Kunitsyn should take this one quickly and stay fresh for rest of the comp. even 64 64 would be fine,but I think that he'll brake Dabuls serve more than just twice. Took Navarro:) and Starace in a double for fun with very low stake,still hope that can come in,even that Potito is set down but 5-4 in second.

Re: ATP Indianapolis/Hamburg & WTA Portoroz/Bad Gastein,July 20-26 I like Soderling and Hanescu for the early morning, (6:30am EST) matches. Soderling has been strong the past couple of tournaments, winning in Sweden this past Sunday. Hanescu should be able to handle Herncyh, who had trouble beating newcomer Krawietz in the 1st round. Any opinions and news welcome. Good Luck...

Re: ATP Indianapolis/Hamburg & WTA Portoroz/Bad Gastein,July 20-26 Suso leads the H2H 4-0 and Monaco is known to struggle against aggressive hitters, if Suso is up for it, the slow ground may well be in his favour. Monaco is still rightly favourite but hardly a banker.

SportTennis
EventJuan Monaco v Jose Acasuso
SelectionJose Acasuso
Strength10/10
Date22/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.10 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks like excellent price! Acasuso has nice H2H, and plays well Hamburg in the past. Form is bad but earlier in the year was very good, maybe he can play well again! Monaco in good form, but he has had a lot of matches recently. Maybe this is one where he struggles, so I take Acasuso at nice price!

Re: ATP Indianapolis/Hamburg & WTA Portoroz/Bad Gastein,July 20-26 Good points guys, let's hope it's a good match eh? I do usually look for odds-against in tennis - it's not often I go for odds-on favourites but at this point in both their careers, I really think Monaco has the edge on Acasuso.

Re: ATP Indianapolis/Hamburg & WTA Portoroz/Bad Gastein,July 20-26 Garcia-Lopez @ 1.8 The display of the Spaniard in Hamburg so far is amazing,confidence must be high now after beating surprisingly easy Wawro yesterday(was convincing in R1 vs Rochus too),looks in good mood and is worth of a punt against Troicki considering his form.Serb showed some decent play against Gabashvili and came back from a set down to win the match but GGL has better chance here I think,odds already slightly dropped but still value in 1.8 imo. Chardy @ 2.75 The momentum in Chardys game is great for backing him,especially at such a price.Won Stuttgart last week,not having opponents of Davydenko calibre but russian is in a luck of form lately,will be tough but I believe the Chardy will get this one.Yesterday Chardy continued his good run hitting 22 aces vs Beck.Backed Fognini last week against Davydenko and if he could get the job,don't see reason why Chardy couldn't. Good luck

SportTennis
EventPaul-Henri Mathieu v Daniel Brands
SelectionDaniel Brands
Strength10/10
Date23/07/2009
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.55 (Back)
ReasoningBrands is playing at home this week and he is on fire! Excellent win over Simon in the last round and he can do it again. Mathieu form not so sure, he needed a final set tiebreak against Riba-Madrid! Brands has excellent opportunity and price is OK.
SportTennis
EventJuan Monaco v David Ferrer
SelectionJuan Monaco
Strength10/10
Date23/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningThe price moves towards Monaco overnight and I understand why! The H2H is good for Monaco and he is in excellent form! He had easy time yesterday with Acasuso retiring and that should help if maybe he is tired. Ferrer form this year has hbeen sometimes good, sometimes bad. One match against Mayer not enough to convince me it is good! Oh yes!
SportTennis
EventVictor Troicki v Guillermo Garcia-Lopez
SelectionGuillermo Garcia-Lopez
Strength10/10
Date23/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.08 (Back)
ReasoningGarcia-Lopez has some good tournaments in the last few months, he seems to be playing better style of tennis. He got excellent win over Wawrinka in the last match and should have big confidence here! Troicki is a player I don't like on clay, for me, Garcia-Lopez is the favourite!
SportTennis
EventPhilip Kohlschreiber v Pablo Cuevas
SelectionPablo Cuevas
Strength10/10
Date23/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 4.40 (Back)
ReasoningI think Cuevas has oppoirtunity here! Kohlschreiber had surprising loss last week to Kubot, and this week in first round had struggle with Starace. He looked to be playing goog in Davis Cup but maybe his form is not so good. Cuevas is in excellent form. he come from qualifying and has beaten Phau and Melzer. This is tougher match but still he has chance!
SportTennis
EventRobin Soderling v Nicolas Almagro
SelectionNicolas Almagro
Strength10/10
Date23/07/2009
Bookmaker/PriceVCBet @ 3.50 (Back)
ReasoningI like to oppose Soderling here. He has beaten Almagro twice recently, in Wimbledon and Bastad, but maybe this goes different way! Soderling looked tired against Fognini yesterday and just managed to win. Maybe today he struggles again and could lose! Almagro form is not so good but he is still quality clay court player and can put in big performance.

SportTennis
EventAlize Cornet v Patricia Mayr
SelectionPatricia Mayr
Strength10/10
Date23/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningAny opportunity to oppose Cornet looks good! She is in such bad form, struggling with serve and looks so bad! First round just came through against Lino but this will be tougher. Mayr decent player, maybe form not so great either, but good chance here!

Re: ATP Indianapolis/Hamburg & WTA Portoroz/Bad Gastein,July 20-26 Followed Cramer on Monaco and Mayr.:hope Don't know if Monaco match will be played today or GGL will finish his vs Troicki(nice break advantage for him there) cause of the haevy rain at the moment in Hamburg.Pretty confident in Mayr as Cornet atm struggles to find form. Dancevic @ 2.2 is underrated,has one meeting with Becker and it was in Indy two years ago when ealily passed him 64 63,odds were set then same as they are today and I can't find a reason why is BB is such a fav here today,but I see nice value in Dancevic at these odds.Frank posses big giant serve and if it works fine he could beat anyone,especially on hard surf.Becker had good run in Bosch last month where he won the title defeating players like Verdaco,Llodra,Sluiter:lol in the final,but it was on grass,he don't has any significant results on hard,so Frank should have the edge here,pleased to back him at this price..GL

Re: ATP Indianapolis/Hamburg & WTA Portoroz/Bad Gastein,July 20-26 I have good day with big pricrs on Almagro and Cuevas! Now try for 1 more!

SportTennis
EventRobby Ginepri v Eduardo Schwank
SelectionEduardo Schwank
Strength10/10
Date23/07/2009
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 3.50 (Back)
ReasoningThis price looks very nice. Schwank is capable player but form this year has been very bad. He got win over Lu in last match which I think was good result and maybe he can play well here. Ginepri is another player with very bad form, he got past de Chaunac in round 1. Two guys both bad form, I think this close match. Price is too big!