• Gnuf $500 Happy Saturday Freeroll
    • Virgin â?¬75 Gtd micro rebuy
    • Victor Chandler Daily MAT $100 added
    • Gnuf One Dollar Baby - $250 Added
    • Betfair $18k gtd freezeout
    • Betfred Summer Series $100 added rebuy
    • 32Red Be The Bounty $1250 guaranteed
    • Washing my hair

Re: ** Poker Saturday 11th July ** My last oustanding freebie for the Betfair $18k tonight - likely to be my only game of the night. I'm close to the point of accepting defeat in these - I've got a theoretical 3 free games left, but not sure I can justify buying in again - whilst I know that 13 games so far are definitely not in the slightest a representative sample (and indeed have little doubt in my own mind that whilst receiving BOGOF it's positive ev for me), it's above my usual stakes and I dont think I'm comfortable losing $109 a pop :loon Was tempted to go for staking for the last 6 games - but to be honest - anyone who would consider staking me in that tournament with my track record would be pretty foolish - so I'm not going to go down that route.

Re: ** Poker Saturday 11th July **

My last oustanding freebie for the Betfair $18k tonight - likely to be my only game of the night. I'm close to the point of accepting defeat in these - I've got a theoretical 3 free games left, but not sure I can justify buying in again - whilst I know that 13 games so far are definitely not in the slightest a representative sample (and indeed have little doubt in my own mind that whilst receiving BOGOF it's positive ev for me), it's above my usual stakes and I dont think I'm comfortable losing $109 a pop :loon Was tempted to go for staking for the last 6 games - but to be honest - anyone who would consider staking me in that tournament with my track record would be pretty foolish - so I'm not going to go down that route.
Hope the poker gods are smiling down on you :ok:hope

Was tempted to go for staking for the last 6 games - but to be honest - anyone who would consider staking me in that tournament with my track record would be pretty foolish - so I'm not going to go down that route.
I disagree GaF, I think people would be more tempted to stake you because you haven't had much luck so far and that eventually you will win. I know whenever you've been staked before though you've put yourself under more pressure to do well as you don't like playing with others people money so if you were to get staked then you would have to put that aside and just play your own game without any worries. FWIW, I'd jump at the chance to stake you! :ok

I disagree GaF, I think people would be more tempted to stake you because you haven't had much luck so far and that eventually you will win. I know whenever you've been staked before though you've put yourself under more pressure to do well as you don't like playing with others people money so if you were to get staked then you would have to put that aside and just play your own game without any worries. FWIW, I'd jump at the chance to stake you! :ok
Yeah I'd stake ya GAF. You've been very kind towards other PL'ers and so I think it's about time we paid you back. As Gaz says don't see it as any extra pressure. Nobody expects miracles when they stake someone it's more a favour I would say:ok

Re: ** Poker Saturday 11th July ** Cheers guys :)

I disagree GaF' date=' I think people would be more tempted to stake you [b']because you haven't had much luck so far and that eventually you will win.
Thanks Gaz - I appreciate the vote of confidence. With all due respect though - how on earth could you know whether my short term variance has had a positive or negative impact? I've posted an incredibly small proprtion of the hands I have played in this - anyone can do that and make themselves look unlucky - no matter how bad they are and no matter how much they are outplayed by the opposition. It's why bad players keep coming back, and why so many feel so obligated to post bad beats so frequently. (or maybe you saw me get eliminated last night all in pre flop with AQ v AQs? :tongue2)

My last oustanding freebie for the Betfair $18k tonight - likely to be my only game of the night. I'm close to the point of accepting defeat in these - I've got a theoretical 3 free games left, but not sure I can justify buying in again - whilst I know that 13 games so far are definitely not in the slightest a representative sample (and indeed have little doubt in my own mind that whilst receiving BOGOF it's positive ev for me), it's above my usual stakes and I dont think I'm comfortable losing $109 a pop :loon Was tempted to go for staking for the last 6 games - but to be honest - anyone who would consider staking me in that tournament with my track record would be pretty foolish - so I'm not going to go down that route.
I'm halfway through my staking for those, and if I managed to get staked then I wouldn't lay odds on you managing to do so

Re: ** Poker Saturday 11th July ** I've agreed a staking with Guppie and GeordieGaz (I'll let one of them post details in the staking forum) for 6 games (3 buy in and 3 free) - in addition, I'm throwing in tonights freebie. Cheers guys :hope

With all due respect though - how on earth could you know whether my short term variance has had a positive or negative impact? I've posted an incredibly small proprtion of the hands I have played in this - anyone can do that and make themselves look unlucky - no matter how bad they are and no matter how much they are outplayed by the opposition. It's why bad players keep coming back, and why so many feel so obligated to post bad beats so frequently. (or maybe you saw me get eliminated last night all in pre flop with AQ v AQs? :tongue2)
When I said 'you've had no luck so far', what I meant was the fact that you haven't had many cashes and that sooner or later you're gona hit it big as you are 'due'! I'm obviously in the wrong job though as I should be making millions from being a fortune teller! :loon