** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ASCOT - Friday 10th 2009

15.00 Ascot – EighteenFifty ew

Nicky Henderson doping horses for the Queen – sounds like a Dick Francis novel – not I hasten to add that I think Nicky Henderson is a cheat in any way – just a victim of muddled thinking on how to treat “bleeders”. He has few runners on the flat and those there are always go with a chance – and it is interesting that the jockey is a regular rider for Henderson’s old mucker – that incorrigible fellow Jamie Osborne. Must have a chance here and I am sure the yard would like to precede the enforced holiday with a winner or two – though so far as I can see this is the only currently entered horse he has pre-ban, so here’s hoping. The horse appears to have as good a chance as any, will appreciate the extra distance - and if the price is anything like the 8/1 forecast that looks attractive.

Re: ASCOT - Friday 10th 2009 3.00 Ascot Sweetheart has looked in fine fettle of late on the flat, slightly disappointing last time out on fast ground, dropped 1lb for that effort just 2lb off last winning mark back to slower ground today could suit much better, rated very highly over hurdles and one not to under estimate 0.5pt e/w Sweetheart

Re: ASCOT - Friday 10th 2009 4.10 Ascot 'Northern Dare' Form franked today by Canadian Danehill, Nicholls the sprint master and Fanning rides instead of trainer's son, which is a massive positive in my view :) Nice price, good form chance, that'll ding dang do for me. (Street Power who I backed as a winner last time out is a danger)

Re: ASCOT - Friday 10th 2009 3.00 Ascot Nemo Spirit looks too big to ignore here at tens and ran a super race to score at York in a competitive stayers handicap last time out. The handicapper has burdened him with only 3 lbs more as a result of that victory and racing in the same grade once more he could run a huge race. The Greylami colt hasn't had much racing this year so could still be quite fresh. The Muir yard are firing on all cyclinders which is another plus. 10/1 Bet 365, EW.

Re: ASCOT - Friday 10th 2009 At least one of us should crack the Ascot 3.00: 3.00 Alanbrooke 7/4 betfr 10 pts I was annoyed I missed this one last week. I sort of gave up on him after a few disappointing efforts for this clearly talented but slightly wayward sort. However lto they put a pair of blinkers on him and he was very impressive in routing a field at sandown and suggesting that today extra trip would be in range. He looked nicely handicapped after a slightly luckless effort earlier in the year of a decent race at newb before a few abject runs really where he missed the start a few times and looked reluctant. However the blinkers clearly worked lto and whilst there is always a question ark to if they work as well again, if they do he could be hard to beat.

Re: ASCOT - Friday 10th 2009 great charm 410 asc. 1 pt win. not running as well as he can lately, but dropped quite a bit in the weights for this run and can go close on best form and ability. the trip and ground suits and is a price to be backed.

Re: ASCOT - Friday 10th 2009 Mr Crystal 3.00 (PLACE) Consistent at class 4 and class 5 level. Possibly outclassed in this company but gets the trip, stays well and usually running on well at the end of the race and could snatch a place today. Probably too much to expect it to win but goes on the ground and race pays 3 places.