** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

McCoy - really is "somethig else"!!

On the excellent (link removed) site I selected/posted the other day : Hereford 15:30 Malakiya 3.5 Betfair Scrubby Sunday 3m2f selling hurdle at Hereford. As low class racing comes they don't come much lower than this! JP McManus, APMcCoy, JonJo and a horse by Sadler's Wells - they don't come much more top drawer than that. In the context of this appaling race the horse even has a bit of form! Only worry is the price - can't understand why it is not 1.33. Maybe we find out why later! Unless you had an interest in the race you probably won't have paid much attention. The horse is an obvious "dog" and McCoy was seriously at work and still last, verging on tailed off, with more than a circuit to go. Yet he kept on pushing and pushing and I had to scrabble around in the bin to find my discarded slip. NO-ONE but no-one else would have won that race and I honestly believe 75+% of jockeys wuld have pulled it up 3/4/5 out. When the "great rides of the season" are looked at it will be something a bit higher up the food chain that wins - but this was incomparable

Re: McCoy - really is "somethig else"!! Personally, I think you've hugely over-exaggerated how good a ride that was. He oozes class obviously, but that should be nowhere near ride of the season. He gave him a reminder with a circuit to go. But he was never last and he was definitely never anything like tailed off. He travelled smoothly until half a circuit to go. Maybe you're talking with your wallet instead of your head.

Re: McCoy - really is "somethig else"!! Sorry - seem to keep dropping bricks here - I thought there was a link between you and the site mentioned sine they required things posted on here. As to Whizzkid Walter he certainly saw the race differently from me - the sporting life write up I see says it was "held up". When the jock uses the stick a circuit out that is not what I understood by "holding up". Still that we all see it differently is a big part of the fascination ofthe sport.

Re: McCoy - really is "somethig else"!!

Sorry - seem to keep dropping bricks here - I thought there was a link between you and the site mentioned sine they required things posted on here. As to Whizzkid Walter he certainly saw the race differently from me - the sporting life write up I see says it was "held up". When the jock uses the stick a circuit out that is not what I understood by "holding up". Still that we all see it differently is a big part of the fascination ofthe sport.
He used it once just to keep his mind on the job. It wasn't a desperate smack, it was just a reminder. Held up was the perfect description. Maybe watch the race back, you might see what I saw when you watch it with no financial interest.