York - 13/6/09

Very nearly went for Albaqaa in the 2.35 but his wide draw put me off him a bit. 3.10 Macdillon 12/1 bet3 bog 10 pts e.w bbotm. I feel this one could run a really big race from his middle draw with detorri on. He is very lightly raced in comparison to some of these and looks one to improve on his good form already. Fourth on debut he stepped up on that well to win afterwards and beat a good sort in kinsghip spirit who went onto win a huge sales race at hq by the end of the season. His first run this season was most encouraging as well. After a big absence he just went down to one from hannon’s who went onto run a fine second next time at eps, the fourth and fifth from that day have more than held their own as well since. I suppose a possible concern is if he ‘bounced’ from that and maybe his lack of experience in such a competitive race but small connections have been failry bullish about him and he could easily be a pattern performer here running off 92 and he can go really well. 3.45 Marching Time 4/1 lad 10 pts Backing this one again. It has been costly the last two times, one very unlucky I thought and then next less so but back on a more conventional track I still think he can go well and have a fair bit up his sleeve. I go back to his maiden win that worked out, his group 1 race at 2 where he didn’t perform but the mere fact he was in it and his York run two starts back. A couple from that race are back but this one was terribly unlucky for me, no pace whatsoever and held up, he encountered traffic problems all the time before finishing virtually on the bridle to be a narrow fifth. After that he didn’t perform that well at eps. I’m not totally certain he liked the tracked to be honest but he finished well enough into sixth which was ok if not a bit lacklustre. However back on a more conventional track I think he could put that run behind him. Sure on that run he has it to find with some of these but I think he might just.

Re: York - 13/6/09 2.05 Ladies race No stand out contender this year, & with 9 of the the last 10 winners being priced 14/1 or less, wont be looking at anythng higher. JIm Goldie has hit some form & jockey Bartley rides a number of his horses. Hillview boy actually has NHF form as well & should go well at around 10/1. 2.35 2 of my notebook horses run in this race, Medici Pearl & Fanjura. I would still prefer some juice in the ground for Medici Pearl & the drying out to officially good ground may prove its undoing again. Still looks a bit high in the weights as well but there is a race in this horse at some point this season. Fanjura impressed me when 5th to Extraterrestial in the Newbury Spring cup beaten 2L off todays ratng. Todays race is very similar & should give a good account on ground & trip today. The form of the stable is a worry & is a stake reduction factor for me today. Arostic for in form Cumani deserves to be favourite & could be worth following based on its previous performances. Will be splitting my stake between the 2. 3.10 I have done the trends for the race however Proclaim is the key one for me here today, the form behind Bouvardia is working out well & Proclaim can handle this company & looks a great ew bet at 10/1 with 1st 4 paid. 3.45 I have backed Marching time both starts this season, unlucky 1st time up when not a clear run & perhaps Epsom didnt suit when 5th last weekend 8L behind the winner. Best watched i think now.

Re: York - 13/6/09 2:05 York: Hillview Boy 2pts win 10/1 & War Party 2pts win 12/1 Both Ladbrokes Its probably going against wisdom to bet in an amateur ladies race, but looking down the form there looks a couple worth an interest here. Hillview Boy is lightly raced and every chance can improve on his second last time out at Ayr. Ran in the bumper at Aintree and the extra two furlongs here should help. War Party had some useful form in France on softer ground and ran well last time out at Epsom, not beaten far in a class two race. Hopefully some of the family genes will help in the saddle too, with Ruby's sister doing the steering. 3:10 York: Master of Disguise 5pts win 7/2 Bet365(Bog) & Sloop Johnb 2pts win 8/1 William Hill Master of Disguise was impressive at Sandown last time and looks hard to get away from here. The win was in a fast time and the from is standing up, with three subsequent winners coming out of that race at Sandown. Trainer Clive Cox is going great guns and there may be more improvement to come over this extra furlong. Sloop Johnb creeps in at the bottom of the weights and is on a hat trick. Keeping on well to win over five furlongs here in the middle of May he is up in class and distance, but looks up to that. Pulled out of a race against older horses yesterday to run in this today. 3:45 York: Antinori 2pts e/w 16/1 Bet365 (Bog) & Distant Memories 1pt e/w 8/1 Ladbrokes The switch to making the running paid dividends at Sandown and looks overpriced here on that success. Looking at the form, he kept finding extra, and if driven to the front today, may be hard to pull back up the long York straight. Distant Memories, has the feel of a horse that could be much better than already shown. Lightly raced and every chance of improvement. I'm not convinced he must have very soft ground to produce the goods and don't want to miss out if today is the day.

Re: York - 13/6/09 3.10 - Macdillon Like the look of the favourite here but the other 'M' runner for illiterative forecast purposes is interesting. Leaving any form analysis aside (Woody's covered that well) and sticking with good old superstition, I note that this horse debuted on 15 May 2008 then won on 13 June 2008. This year it's first run of the season was on 15th May and we all know what todays date is ;)

Re: York - 13/6/09 Mustaqer/Rafaan 3.45 York (both EW) Mustaqer seems to be held in high regard and made its debut in a listed race instead of opting for a class 5/4 maiden and it finished 2nd. It was always going to need further than 7f. It then went for 2 maiden races, 5th in the first one and won the next by a neck at Newmarket. It was stepped up to 10f at Epsom in April but lost its action and was reported to have returned distressed after the race. It was progressing well until that point, has been given 52 days off the track to recover and if it hadn't been for that run last time out which we can ignore it would have been closer to half these odds. It has not just stopped inproving and if it has recovered from whatever distressed it then it will look like a very big price. That 2nd on debut was on gd-sft, same conditions here today. Rafaan caught my eye initially due to the trainer and jockey combination as Mark Johnstone often does well here and at Doncaster. It has only had 4 races but has already won over 10f. It was 2nd on its debut to Sans Frontieres, that one ran a blinder to finish 3rd in the Dante and was due to run at Royal Ascot so that form looks strong. It was also 3rd, not beaten far by Marching Time, yet that horse is around 7-2 and this one is 33-1. It won a maiden race at Newcastle over 10f and "galloped relentlessly" to the line in good style. It finished last on its last run at Sandown over 10f and was beaten 52 lengths which does not seem like a true running for this horse. It has been written off too early and 33-1 seems massive. Slight worry is that it has not run on softer than good ground but another that was progressing well until last time out and is priced on a poor run. As I type Sporting Bet now go 40-1 which doesn't inspire confidence but we'll see how it gets on.