Southwell - 7/6/09

2.40 Southwell Solo Choice was faced with an impossible task in the Group 3 Chester Vase last time out, infact she may as well gone for a day of sightseeing around the City instead of turning up on the Roodee where she was asked to find three stone to mix it up with the likes of Derby third Masterofthehorse and also Debussy and Golden Sword who also ran in the Epsom showpiece yesterday. Connections have had their day out now though, and pitch her back in at a more realistic level in this class 6, 0-65 handicap. He profile actually had a nice look to it prior to her last race and she showed hints on ability in maiden company, including when second to Open Sesame at Great Leighs. That Peter Chapple-Hyam's rival has won his next two since going handicapping, with the latest coming off 78, hints that Solo Choice is nicely handicapped herself running off a mark of just 64 here - dropped 4 lbs after her Chester expedition - as she was beaten only one and a half lengths that day. She actually made her handicap debut in February off 66 and was only beaten by one and a quarter lengths and that run showed she handles this unique surface. She races over one mile four here and although all aforementioned form has come over shorter she has ran credibly over longer trips, such as when chasing home Dubai Storming in a Kempton maiden. That rival was only two and a half lengths infront of her as she finished second, and won on his handicap debut off 72 next time out which offers another thumbs up for Solo Choice's 64-rating here. A below par run at Lingfield was put behind her with a decent fourth at Windsor in April and that came off 4 lb higher as she stayed on and almost landed a place, for which she appeared to have been backed by connections with £400 EW down on her that night. Then we had the Chester run, but like I say, I think we can pass over that run and give her another chance. She seems very well treated if able to run to her best here, and the fact Jamie Kyne takes off another 7 lbs is an added bonus. 5/1 Betfred

Re: Southwell - 7/6/09 4.10 Kingsmaite would seem the choice looking at it's recent win with the same jockey but I am going for the 2nd placed runner 5 days ago Blakeshall Quest. It is drawn similar to its last run but is down in the weights, same jock on board. Kingsmaite has a worse draw than its last outing and is up in the weights which pushes me towards BQ. The bottom weight Owed was 3rd behind Kingsmaite and BQ, with an ok draw it might get a place again. Blakeshall Quest @ 8/1 (has drifted out from 7's) Owed TBP @ 15/8

Re: Southwell - 7/6/09 SPOOF MASTER 4.10 Southwell. 0.5 points each way. Not firing on all cylinders in recent runs, but goes off a weight today that can see him go close if finding his form again, and I think he will with now having the cheek-pieces applied again. Has proved he can win in them and so with no trip and surface concerns, he can go close.

Re: Southwell - 7/6/09 3.40 Some money is being put on Swiss Art and Iron Out, after looking at the card I have decided to take a punt on Iron Out @ 7/2. Fol Liam has a ? about the surface. Swiss Art has won recently at this course albeit over a slightly longer distance. Iron Out is dropping down in class for this type of surface. So a tentative punt for me.

Re: Southwell - 7/6/09 ten pole tudor 440 south. 0.5 pts ew. drops to a mark of 56 and has proven form on this surface. hasnt been running here and so a return today could do him good. the trip isnt a concern and so if running to ability he should be in the mix up late on.