Nottingham - 3/6/09

4.10 Khateeb 9/4 bet3 bog 10 pts This is what I said about this one lto, ‘This one was a little bit inconsistent last season but on his day showed a lot of talent and suggested a contest like this was within his grasp. For example his fourth at asc in a listed race was a fine effort considering it was a slowly run contest that didn’t necessarily favour hold up horses like he was that day. After that ran really poorly but bounced back with a decent effort behind drumfire who is back today and has run well since so is very much respected. However I think khateeb back as a 4 yr old is still very much a horse who could have a fair bit more left to show and he may show it here.’ As it happened lto at ling he did return to some kind of form although he didn’t quite get home and hence a drop in trip today which I think he might just get away with, he had a fir amount of speed last year and whilst the Godolphin horses are clear dangers at their best, its hard to know if they will be and I prefer this one for a bang in from yard. 4.40 Suba 5/1 spo 5 pts e.w A really nicely bred horse her who is a brother to the top class dubawi and whilst she never got going last year and in many ways the transfer out of the Godolphin yard to cumani is a negative, it wouldn’t be the first horse who Cumani has improved and the potential is very much there for her on her handicap bow off 76 which potentially could in the long run be fair. Even though she never lived up to expectations last year, she did run with some promise at times, on debut especially when she looked green over what probably was an inadequate trip. After that she was a bit disappointing although she was in a hot race and ultimately was only 2 lengths of a possible oaks winner. Then more encouragingly she came second in an a.w maiden when just caught late on. She clearly has disappointed given her pedigree but she is in good hands to step up on that now and with her trainer in excellent form including with recent imports to his stable, she could go well still.

Re: Nottingham - 3/6/09 PRETTY OFFICER 5.10 Nottingham. 0.5 points each way. Not too confident to be honest, as an apprentice handicap and jockey errors are a the only cert! However, this filly seems to be getting better and better this season, and with having the back form to go close and with racing off a mark of 47, I think she can go close. The trip and ground wouldn't be anything to worry about, and Noel Garbutt, although an amateur in the nicest sense of the word, wouldn't be too bad a jockey and can get the job done.

Re: Nottingham - 3/6/09 Can someone help me out please? In the 4.40 i had Charlotte Point which in the end was in a dead heat with Suba. Now on the coral website at the moment it has Charlotte Point as 1 and Suba as 2. Anyone know what's going on? And also, how do you work out your return if it's a dead heat? Cheers