Darts: UK-Open 2009

First/second round are starting on thursday. My bets: Darren Weaver beats G. Mawson. The US- runner up of 2008 aren´t in Form this year, the best result was a QF in the US-PDC and lost against WDF-Player Chankow. In Europe bad results (2 times best 32). Weaver on the other hand a good county-player the short format could help him for an upset. @11/4 william hill 3 pts. Duane Garfield impressed in the Holstein-Qualifiers with two Whitewashes in a row, opponent Dave Smith won only one game in last two months. @2/1 unibet 2 pts. Colin Monk is one of my favourites to bet against , if there is a major. Ok he won a open Tournament last week and he produced a plenty of 200,- for OoM. Larry Butler ok, was eliminated by Jerry van Loan in best of 32, but if his throw works, he is able for a high 80 Avg. Thats enough for Mad Monk... What do you think about Andy Roberts? He should be a good and experienced County-Player, is @even against Ana a shot worth?

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009

Thursday 4 June 2009Player 1 Player 2BPP
maximize.gifCampbell, M v Bousfield, S (19:00 BST) 2.5 1.53 105.22 %
maximize.gifDobson, K v Knighton, P (19:00 BST) 2 2 100.00 %
maximize.gifGarfield, D v Smith, Dave (19:00 BST) 2.75 1.44 105.59 %
maximize.gifGenery, A v Loudon, C (19:00 BST) 2.1 1.83 102.16 %
maximize.gifGray, A v Askew, D (19:00 BST) 1.83 2.2 100.00 %
maximize.gifMason, C v Penney, S (19:00 BST) 1.36 3.4 102.75 %
maximize.gifMcGowan, M v Part, J (19:00 BST) 3.4 1.4 100.84 %
maximize.gifMonaghan, S v Davie, A (19:00 BST) 1.9 1.9 105.26 %
maximize.gifRoy, A v Burnett, R (19:00 BST) 1.33 3.75 101.67 %
maximize.gifShepherd, K v Brown, S (19:00 BST) 2.25 1.66 104.44 %
maximize.gifSmith, M v Ladley, D (19:00 BST) 1.72 2.37 100.00 %
maximize.gifTurner, M v Honey, D (19:00 BST) 1.72 2.25 102.34 %
maximize.gifBarton, J v Greebe, T (20:00 BST) 4.5 1.25 102.22 %
maximize.gifCook, P v Langley, M (20:00 BST) 1.66 2.25 104.44 %
maximize.gifCritchett, I v Beare, K (20:00 BST) 1.8 2.1 103.17 %
maximize.gifFullwell, N v Smith, A (20:00 BST) 3.5 1.33 103.57 %
maximize.gifLatham, D v Boulton, A (20:00 BST) 1.83 2 104.55 %
maximize.gifMcGuirk, J v Pickles, S (20:00 BST) 1.9 1.9 104.76 %
maximize.gifRobinson, H v Cooper, C (20:00 BST) 2.2 1.66 105.45 %
maximize.gifWilliams, L v Caves, A (20:00 BST) 2.2 1.8 101.01 %
maximize.gifWright, P v Hornby, C (20:00 BST) 1.57 2.37 105.74 %
maximize.gifDobromyslova, A v Roberts, A (21:00 BST) 2 2 100.00 %
maximize.gifEvans, S v Layton, M (21:00 BST) 1.66 2.25 104.44 %
maximize.gifFitton, L v Cox, M (21:00 BST) 1.5 2.75 103.03 %
maximize.gifHardy, S v Wiekamp, C (21:00 BST) 1.8 2 105.56 %
maximize.gifNicholson, P v Anderson, G (21:00 BST) 3.25 1.44 100.00 %
maximize.gifScholten, R v Williams, D (21:00 BST) 1.28 4.33 100.85 %
maximize.gifSmurthwaite, D v Jodrill, M (21:00 BST) 2.1 1.72 105.51 %
maximize.gifUsher, G v Durrant, G (21:00 BST) 2 1.9 102.63 %
maximize.gifWelding, G v Kuczynski, J (21:00 BST) 2 1.83 104.55 %
maximize.gifBarnard, M v Maish, S (22:00 BST) 2.2 1.72 103.35 %
maximize.gifBlundell, L v Jopling, I (22:00 BST) 1.61 2.25 106.35 %
maximize.gifCullen, Joe v Pipe, J (22:00 BST) 2 2 100.00 %
maximize.gifFatum, D v Rowley, P (22:00 BST) 1.61 2.37 104.01 %
maximize.gifMawson, G v Weaver, D (22:00 BST) 1.33 3.75 101.67 %
maximize.gifMonk, C v Butler, L (22:00 BST) 2 2 100.00 %
maximize.gifParody, D v MaGowan, J (22:00 BST) 3 1.5 100.00 %
maximize.gifPearce, A v Haines, J (22:00 BST) 2 1.83 104.55 %
maximize.gifRiihonen, P v Grubb, S (22:00 BST) 1.57 2.5 103.64 %
maximize.gifCurrie, P v Dolan, S (23:00 BST) 2.1 1.72 105.51 %

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 2 pts e/w Gary Anderson @ 12/1 Skybet I posted this tip under another thread on Sunday night and I'll discuss it now we have the correct thread up and running. Phil Taylor is a best price of 21/20 and that is a price well worth swerving in my eyes for a few reasons. Firstly, this is Taylor's least successful major. He hasn't made it past the quarters for the past three years. Secondly, Taylor has been deposed as premier league champion and was beaten surprisingly easily by King in that semi-final. I'm not suggesting for one second that Taylor is past it, however age is against him and he must start to slip back from the phenomenal standards he has set himself sooner rather than later. James Wade is clearly number two at the moment and 7/1 is a fairly decent price however Anderson at nearly double that is better imo. The flying Scot is an out and out class act on his day. So much so that at his very best only a peak form Taylor would be a confident pick to beat him. He has been prone to nerves and has frozen on the Frimley Green stage time and again where he should really have multiple titles to his name. He has won everything else though and the move to the PDC should refocus him to show what he is made of.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 I agree that Phil Taylor represents little value at this event, with his record not meriting even money status, despite his fantastic form prior to his loss in the Premier League.With the format on the event throwing the odd surprise run - think the FA Cup of darts - I am lookng at a couple of larger priced competitiors to throw a spanner into the works 1pt Mervyn King 25/1 generally 0.5pts Paul Nicholson 125/1 Skybet 0.5pts Dennis Priestly 100/1 Totesport

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 Due to the short format early on and the draw format where the draw is done in FA CUP fashion after every round, I fancy some unfancied guys may make a run to the final as in previous years with Mawson and Van de Voort. So it's well worth having some small stakes but big priced each way punts. Ive gone for a couple of inconsistant players who might just turn up. Terry Jenkins 33/1 Genral Still fresh from the premier darts, one of the best scorers in the game. Beat Gary Anderson in a really good match in the grandslam and is overpriced for sure. One of the few players who is capable of beating Taylor, Barney and Wade in the later stages. Andy Hamilton 50/1 Sporting bet Not alot to say other than, can beat most on his day. Ronnie Baxter 100/1 Ladbrokes Another one who came into form at the end of last year, I imagine he still is. kevin Mcdine 125/1 Sporting Bet Improving all the time, another huge price. Rholand Scholten 500/1 sky bet Twice finalist only a few years back in this but seems to have gone complety backwards since his injury. Only a small and very specilitve bet this one.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 King is available at a whopping 33/1 (for 30 quid) on betfair right now. Crazy when you think of his recent PL results. Good shout on Hamilton. 4 quid available at 74/1 on BF as well. Some others that have big odds on betfair right now: - Adi Lewis (50/1) - Priestly (2 quid at 159/1) - Baxter (a big of cash at around 110/1)

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 3 outrights for me this week. All with Boyles who pay ew to the semi finals. 1pt ew R.Thornton to win UK Open 25/1 Boylesports (1/5 1,2,3,4) Robert Thornton is a player I like and having already scooped on him once outright this year I'm happy to get on him again. He's perfect for this format I think. He can take a while to warm up at times but at others he's lihe a greyhound out of the traps. And when he has more than one match to play he tends to get stronger as we saw in the Players Championship finals. Thornton was BDO no1 when he came across so he'll be used to events like this and if the draw is kind he should go well this week. 1pt ew C.Osborne to win UK Open 40/1 Boylesports (1/5 1,2,3,4) Colin Osborne has had a couple of decent runs in this event in the past and I see no reason why he can't do it again. He's made the semi finals of a couple of tour events in recent weeks so his game is obviously in good order and over this distance he's capable of beating anyone. He's a previous semi finalist in this competition and he should really have made the final that year. He's another who if he has a nice draw and can avoid the big 2/3 then he can go a long way at a decent enough 40/1. 1pt ew J.Caven to win UK Open 100/1 Boylesports (1/5 1,2,3,4) Jamie Caven won a tour event a couple of weeks ago and is steadily climbing through the order of merit. His game must be full of confidence after that win in the Welsh Regional Final of this and that win means he doesn't have to play in any of the early rounds which should help. We've seen what Caven can do in previous world championships and having won a couple of events structured similar to these on the floor we know he's capable of taking these down. He showed in the world championships that the big stage doesn't worry him and again if the draw is nice he could go a long way at a 3 figure price.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 Shame a few more firms couldn’t go 4 places and hence slightly worse prices taken at times but there you go. Outrights firstly: C.Lloyd 66/1 boy 2 pts e.w (1/5 odds 4 places) Lloyd has an in and out record at Bolton but he does have one placing to his name with a semi here two years ago and his form seems good enough to have another good run. On TV he has had loads of troubles in recent times but on the stage he continues to get good results on a constant basis and easily be one of the biggest threats off TV. Translating that to TV is now what he needs to do but there is no reason why he can’t especially if he gets a decent enough draw. His form is good since the worlds as shown by one floor win, a couple of finals and a semi and he could be one to watch through the weekend. M.Dudbridge 80/1 boy 2 pts e.w (1/5 odds 4 places) I spoke of Dudbridge’s return to form during the worlds. Prior to that event he found some real floor form although he would have been frustrated he couldn’t have brought that out more on the tv stage. However he has maintained his form since the start of the year. Initially he started really well on the floor with a couple of finals and a semi. He then had two semis in regional heats not to a mention a q/f ‘lto’ before losing to the eventual floor winner that day. His form has been really solid for a while now and if he can translate it to the bigger stage, he is threat. W.Jones 80/1 sky 2 pts e.w (1/4 odds 4 places) Backed Jones in this last year and he came close for the second time at the Reebok with another q/f appearance. He took out the two then world finalists on route that weekend and given his good form on the circuit of late where he has been an ever present at the later stages without winning, he could have another good Reebok run. Since the start of the year he has had 5 q/fs, 3 semis and a final on various floor events and in anybody’s book that reads as really solid form. If he can bring that to Bolton this week he is another one who could have a good week.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 For the first day: A.Boulton to beat D.Latham evens sj 10 pts Boulton has come through the heats for this and he is a bit more of a familiar face. He used to be in the PDC I think before moving to the BDO and qualifying for the worlds and winning a match, beating Atkins before losing to Hankey. In Latham he plays someone I know little about and looking at results lately, he has had the odd run, last 16 at taun the most recognisable and it took the eventual champ that day to knock him out. However that seems his biggest run of note and I take the man with the bigger experience to win this one. L. Blundell to beat Jopling 8/13 sj 10 pts Blundell is a player who there has been a little bit of hype about on the floor. He has had some notable scalps on the floor in recent times and also the odd run. He had his best run when reaching the semis in one of the players events and to do that in any PDC event means you can play a bit. After that he has followed it with a lot of last 64s but he most have some confidence from his form in wigan. Again in Jopling he plays someone I know relatively little about but looking at his results, he is similar in that he too has had a few top 6s but not really much further and that extra quality from Blundell could be the key here. Riihonen to beat Grubb 4/7 spo 10 pts Riihonen is a Danish player for whom there has been a bit of talk about for a while. He often battles with the likes of Laursen to get the dane spot at the worlds and recently has played more and more on the circuit and with a small degree of success. He has made a lot of last 32s/16s in events both in players and uk open and that is a fair level of form. Grubb played Taylor in the worlds with a bucket load of publicity in darts terms behind him and yet he was hopeless in truth, didn’t win a leg. He is a better player than that and has occasionally got to a 32 of a tour event but in short the young Dane could be one top watch this week and he can take this. D.Ladley to beat M.Smith 11/8 betfr 10 pts I don’t know much about Smith except that he has had the odd decent floor run which possibly has propelled him into fav for this match. However in Ladley he plays a player who is known on TV screens having beaten Sams and missing a dart to beat Wade at the worlds a couple of years back and should be a tough opponent. Ladley doesn’t appear to have that much current form often because he seemingly has played little but he has played occasionally on the tour this year and made the odd last 64 and in short I didn’t think he would be quite as big for this game as he is. S.Brown to beat K.Shepherd 4/6 betfr 10 pts I fancy Brown to beat the former world finalist here. Shepherd’s game has gone to pot since the world but in truth the decline is vastly over exaggerated by his freakish final appearance at the worlds. In Brown he faces someone who once played at the worlds in defeat and once was one of the emerging players on the circuit. Since then it hasn’t always happened but he does appear to have found some better from lately. He has reached a q/f on the floor this year and seems a regular in the last 64/32 stage and if he can translate that against Shepherd I think he can beat him. Barnard to beat Maish 6/5 bluesq 10 pts A very tough match to call between two pretty seasoned players tour wise but I like Barnard. He played well in his worlds defeat to an awesome Hamilton this year when he averaged around 93. Since then he had been steady without being amazing on the floor, one q/f an exception but a lot of consistent last 64/32s. Maish can be a difficult player to beat when on form but he disappointed in the worlds this year and after a q/f himself in Scotland, has been very similar to Barnard with a lot of last 64s but no better. Tight match but Barnard could just frustrate Maish and that could be the difference.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 I suppose if theres one tournament where it could pay to take a chance with the outsiders its this one. The possibility of a soft draw can give anyone in the top 64 a chance of reaching the latter stages. GL with your bets everyone and with fortune on our side we can nail a few decent priced touches :hope :ok

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 Really good first day with 5/6 except for shall we say our Scandinavian friend so I’m +44.4. Following up a good day can be hard but here’s hoping: M.Van Gerwen to beat Hamilton 6/5 bet3 10 pts Going for the young Dutchman here. Basically I feel Van Gerwen really current form is just that bit much sharper. Hamilton was in amazing form before the w/c and looked awesome in the first round there but limped around after that in truth and has done for the majority of floor events since considering the quality he is capable of. Sure he did reach one final and therefore has some form back but MVG has had the better form. He actually has won an event and also has a couple of q/fs and a semi so his general form is slightly the better of the stage and being a big stage player normally, it wouldn’t surprise me to see the young Dutchman take that form up to the big stage now. Jones to beat Voort evens lad 10 pts Doing one outright here. Its a tough game as Voort is a good player when it all clicks and has great Reebok history. However Jones is a good player himself and on the floor his form has been consistently good as I mentioned in my outright (around top 10 standard in truth.) He has some good Bolton history himself and I can see him just being the bit more consistent and taking out the Dutchman here. S.Brown to beat Lawrence 8/11 boy 10 pts I went for Brown yesterday and I like him again. He won pretty easily against the former world finalist Shepherd yesterday and that confirms that his recent solid enough results on the floor are justified. Lawrence has reasonably similar floor form in that he often reaches a certain point around last 64/32 before finding it a bit too tough. However unlike Brown we don’t know his form in this as he had a bye yesterday so Brown could be that bit more sharper and take this. Hine to beat Welding evens bluesq 10 pts Hine is a seeded player for this and for me the better player here. He has been decent enough on the floor as shown by the fact he has got seeded here and that contrasts really with welding. Welding was a well known name after reaching a world q/f a few years back but his general form since then has slipped somewhat and accordingly he has dropped n the rankings. He won some games to get here yesterday and that included a tv win where he was ok if not really that impressive and for me the muffin man who reached a q/f here two years back, can take this one. L.Blundell to beat Roberts 11/10 bluesq 10 pts I backed the promising Blundell yesterday and he came through and I like him again. He was impressive in his second win yesterday, a 6-0 job over a steady player in Dowling and his form really wasn’t that big a surprise given he has shown good form at times on the circuit. In Roberts he plays someone who has been in the BDO and once beat Walton form memory in a worlds one year. He showed good form himself yesterday by beating two former ‘world champions’ if you follow. However I think Blundell could have a fair run in this and I can see him winning this.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 I'll take one tonight. 3pts J.Part to beat C.Lloyd 11/10 Bet365 Not sure I understand what these odds are all about. Part is one of the greatest players to have graced the PDC while quite simply, Colin Lloyd isn't :lol. Part has been playing this format on the big stage for the last 4 months so he'll be used to what he needs to do here. He has also played a game on the stage last night beating Mick McGowan without too much fuss. Colin Lloyd seems scared of the big stage. He very rarely wins on one and although he could be helped by this being on board 2, Part is by far the better player of the two and I can't be having him odds against and me not betting so it's the Canadian for me.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 Updated outright odds and 4th round match odds: To win the UK Open: Phil Taylor 4/7 Raymond van Barneveld 10/1 Terry Jenkins 20/1 Mark Walsh 25/1 Andy Hamilton/Adrian Lewis/Alan Tabern 33/1 Colin Lloyd/Colin Osbourne/Kevin Painter 40/1 Ronnie Baxter/Jelle Klaasen/Mark Webster 50/1 Jamie Cavan/Mark Dudbridge/Wayne Jones/Peter Manley/Kevin McDine/Dennis Priestley 66/1 Andy Jenkins/Roland Scholten 100/1 Alex Roy 125/1 Wes Newton/Andy Smith/Chris Thompson 150/1 Michael Barnard/Mark Frost 250/1 Steve Grubb/Mark Lawrence/Andy Roberts/Gary Welding 500/1 Ken Mather 1000/1 4th round matches and order of play: 1pm start Board One Peter Manley 'evens' vs. 5/6 Mark Webster Andy Hamilton 13/8 vs. 8/15 Raymond van Barneveld Phil Taylor 1/100 vs. 25/1 Ken Mather Mark Walsh 5/6 vs. 11/10 Adrian Lewis Board Two Colin Osborne 4/5 vs. 11/10 Wayne Jones Jamie Caven 5/4 vs. 4/5 Jelle Klaasen Kevin McDine 13/8 vs. 8/13 Alan Tabern Andy Jenkins 7/4 vs. 1/2 Terry Jenkins Board Three Michael Barnard 13/8 vs. 8/15 Andy Smith Dennis Priestley 2/5 vs. 9/4 Mark Frost Steve Grubb 11/4 vs. 2/7 Kevin Painter Wes Newton 10/11 vs. 'evens' Roland Scholten Board Four Gary Welding 9/4 vs. 2/5 Ronnie Baxter Alex Roy 4/7 vs. 6/4 Andy Roberts Colin Lloyd 8/15 vs. 13/8 Chris Thompson Mark Lawrence 9/4 vs. 2/5 Mark Dudbridge Matches are first to nine/best of seventeen legs.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 Not as good yesterday but on the positive side at least my outrights are still in. Currently + 14.4. Caven to beat Klaasen 5/4 betfr 10 pts I like Caven to win this one. On the floor he is the player who has produced the better form of late. Klaasen has played well in patches but hasn’t performed like Caven away from the tv and Caven’s win in the last uk open heat demonstrates his form. As indeed does his 9-1 romp in his first game. Klaasen clearly has the bigger big match experience but he had a tough win in his first game and his form hasn’t reached the heights of Caven and for me I think Caven can take this. Barnard to beat Smith 13/8 boy 10 pts Barnard has overcome a couple of really tough matches to be here. He beat Maish in his first game with ease and then saw off King and clearly to beat someone like King he must be playing well. Smith had an easy win in his first game but he might just find this match more of a challenge. Barnard is a slow player similarly to smith in truth and he can be tough to beat. Smith hasn’t really done that much on a sustained level on the floor for a while and I can see Barnard taking this. Walsh to beat Lewis 5/6 sj 10 pts Walsh has been the form player on the circuit apart from Taylor. He regularly has been winning tournaments/ going a long way into tournaments and there is no reason why he cant again this week. His easy win in his first game demonstrates his form. Lewis too showed good form in his first game although Thornton was most disappointing especially on his doubles. However we have seen this before with Lewis including at this event, great for one game but then goes missing the next and in Walsh he might be playing someone to take real advantage.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 I´m still waiting for 180s-betting and so on. The more the tournament advance the worse gets the odds. For me today: Walsh. It´s all said above. 4pts. for me. Scholten. The Dutch is coming back after his shoulder-injury , Wes Newton isn´t an unbeatable opponent. 5 pts 11/10 coral Roy Roy is in a good shape and impressed on day 1. The tale of Andy Roberts will end in this round. 6 pts. 8/13 coral

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 4 for me this afternoon. 3pts P.Manley to beat M.Webster Evs Boylesports Mark Webster is a quality darts player but hasn't done too much since he won the Lakeside in 2008. He got trounced by John Walton at the Lakeside this year in the 2nd round and recently when he stepped up to play a challange match in the Premier League he lost 7-3 to Klaasen and could only average 85 so there's something wrong at the minute. Manley is always a tough nut to crack but he could be tougher today having been buoyed by his win over James Wade yesterday. Manley needs a decent run here having slipped out of the top 16 and he'll be tough to beat. Manley knows all the tricks of the trade and I think he'll see off the former world champion here. 3pts M.Barnard to beat A.Smith 13/8 Boylesports Michael Barnard came through a real tough match with Mervyn King last night and as poorly as King apparently played he's not one you can beat easily. Andy Smith represents a much easier opponent on paper but he can turn it on when the need arises. This looks like being another tough match but we saw in the World Championships that Barnard can test the best and he proved it again last night in beating King. With those performances in mind I'll take the outsider here. 3pts A.Hamilton to beat R.Barneveld 7/4 Ladbrokes Andy Hamilton played some excellent darts last night and was bashing the 60 at times. I only caught the interview with Barney after his match but he didn't look pleased and was chuntering about changing his darts again. I've never once understood why he changes his darts but if he does he won't have much time to get used to them. He's got a good record over Hamilton from memory but I sense Hamilton is up for this week and we've seen in the past he can compete at the very top level. He'll have an eye on going all the way should he win this match and at 7/4 I think he represents value if Barney starts pissing about with his tools again. 3pts R.Scholten to beat W.Newton 11/10 Coral Before his injury and his shocking performances at the end of last year there's no way Scholten would have been 11/10 in this match up. All the signs are Scholten is over his injury and if that's the case he's huge value in this match. We've seen before Wes has been a bit unlucky in that he always seems to run into Taylor, especially here, but he isn't the best player on the circuit and if Scholten is in anywhere near full fitness I think the Dutchman can win this match.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 Updated odds: To win the UK Open: Phil Taylor 1/2 Raymond van Barneveld 9/1 Terry Jenkins/Mark Walsh 14/1 Colin Lloyd/Alan Tabern 28/1 Colin Osborne 33/1 Ronnie Baxter/Kevin Painter/Mark Webster 40/1 Jamie Caven/Dennis Priestley 50/1 Wes Newton/Alex Roy/Andy Smith 100/1 Mark Lawrence 250/1 Fifth round matches and order of play: 7pm start Board One Ronnie Baxter 7/4 vs. 2/5 Mark Walsh Kevin Painter 4/5 vs. 'evens' Dennis Priestley Colin Osborne 9/4 vs. 8/15 Raymond van Barneveld Phil Taylor 1/19 vs. 12/1 Andy Smith Board Two Mark Lawrence 9/4 vs. 1/3 Colin Lloyd Alex Roy 6/5 vs. 4/6 Jamie Caven Mark Webster 5/4 vs. 8/13 Terry Jenkins Wes Newton 7/4 vs. 4/9 Alan Tabern First to nine/best of seventeen legs.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 Awful event match betting wise for me. 5 bets, 5 losers. Jamie Caven is 4/6 to make the quarter finals though and be one game away from a 20/1 payout. 5pts K.Painter to beat D.Priestley 8/11 Stan James I don't really want to bet this as I like Dennis Priestley but he said in his interview last night that he can't really do two games in a day and not only is that what he'll have to do here, he'll have to do it off the back of a 9-8 win this afternoon. Painter is a tough player to face too which won't help Priestley. Painter came through a relatively comfortable match against Steve Grubb by 9-4 so should be feeling good coming in here. Priestley's style won't help Painter but it won't be the 1st time they'll have played and with the Menace struggling with his health and getting tired I think Painter will win this one.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 Finally some joy on the match bets so I'm back to -11.36 on those. I've now got Osborne and Caven in the quarter finals so I'm effectively on them at 8/1 and 20/1 for their next matches so I'm eagerly awaiting the QF draw. Hopefully both avoid Taylor :hope.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 They did but they've got each other. QF draw: Mark Lawrence vs Phil Taylor Ronnie Baxter vs Terry Jenkins Colin Osborne vs Jamie Caven Kevin Painter vs Alan Tabern So I'm guaranteed an each way payout :ok.

Re: Darts: UK-Open 2009 Currently +13.2 with all the outrights settled. Two today: Baxter to beat Jenkins 6/5 sky 10 pts Close match to call but as the underdog I like Baxter here. Baxter has really found form in the last half a year both on the floor and on the tv. He showed that in the worlds and in the players tv event. His floor form has continued to be solid whereas Jenkins has struggled in comparison. He has had the odd good floor event but also a lot of early exits and on the tv apart from the GSOD he has been below his best with missed doubles often his problem. Baxter has played some good darts to get here including a good win over the inform Walsh in the last round where Jenkins was just getting past Webster. Baxter for me. Painter to beat Tabern evens pp 10 pts A tight match in prospect here but I just favour Painter. Painter doesn’t have a great record against Tabern but on form he is a really tough player to beat and he looked decent enough last night in beating what can be a tough opponent in Priestley. Tabern has been playing pretty well on the circuit this year and marginally better than Painter. He took out some big finishes to get past Newton in a really close game to get here. However Painter just has that bit more big stage experience and Tabern has at times flopped at this stage in majors before, he has lost in so many q/fs and I just wonder if that could play on his mind. A tight game but I can see the Ipswich supporter taking it.