Stan James: The Four Dartsmen (Live final 25th July with complimentary bar ;) )

GaF

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Stan James: The Four Dartsmen (Live final with complimentary bar ;) )

Oh and I am 100% sure Colette said to me it was a max of 50 pts per week via the raked hands route.
yea she did, she e-mailed me today though and apologised and said it was 50 points a day which is fair enough, mistakes happen! :(

Re: Stan James: The Four Dartsmen (Live final with complimentary bar ;) ) I take it you have to play in the tournies to be eligble for the raked hands points, either that or stans player base has no serious cash players.

I take it you have to play in the tournies to be eligble for the raked hands points' date=' either that or stans player base has no serious cash players.[/quote'] yea you gota enter tournament! :ok

I take it you have to play in the tournies to be eligble for the raked hands points' date=' either that or stans player base has no serious cash players.[/quote'] Doesn't state it..... but implies it.

I find it remarkable that a player could have an outstanding week' date=' win all 4 tournies, yet still finish down the field as they aren't sufficiently rolled to play cash games[/quote'] As Gaf is I believe implying the addition of cash game points is pretty fair considering it is cash game players who's rake subdides these type of promo's. As a persistant promo abuser its about time they made one so hard even I cant abuse it.:\

As Gaf is I believe implying the addition of cash game points is pretty fair considering it is cash game players who's rake subdides these type of promo's. As a persistant promo abuser its about time they made one so hard even I cant abuse it.:\
I know what you mean mate, but to the extent where the players winning the actual tournies dont even get a look in is pretty shit...... I do agree that raked hands should be used.... but as many as 200points from Raked hands alone, when only 100 points are available to any one person through tournies doesnt sound right surely?

I know what you mean mate, but to the extent where the players winning the actual tournies dont even get a look in is pretty shit...... I do agree that raked hands should be used.... but as many as 200points from Raked hands alone, when only 100 points are available to any one person through tournies doesnt sound right surely?
It's a crazy unbalance but if they want to make it easier for their bigger players then thats up to them I guess, sneaky feeling none of them played it this week. Only thing is it would have been nice to know exactly what the criteria was before it started.

It's a crazy unbalance but if they want to make it easier for their bigger players then thats up to them I guess, sneaky feeling none of them played it this week. Only thing is it would have been nice to know exactly what the criteria was before it started.
Reckon they will get their big cash players playing next week.... but will lose a lot of the sole MTT players......

Re: Stan James: The Four Dartsmen (Live final with complimentary bar ;) ) out quite early in 4th MTT which ends my chances! :sad tried getting a few raked hands but as expected losing quite a bit money so have withdrawn and uninstalled! Would say good luck to everyone but you don't need it, just need to play loadsa cash! :loon

Re: Stan James: The Four Dartsmen (Live final with complimentary bar ;) ) final standings for the week you gotta play R/H to stand a chance--weird sort of league,worst tournament play can win--as long as you put volume on cash. They[s/J] should have just made it--cash leader board winners get to final!!

1Belgariad15 85.6100.6
2jaguar107 8 82.590.5
3Geordigaz 42 8.850.8
4kippe6 26 20.146.1
5kail234 1 37.838.8
6slovaken 1 33.634.6
7DaiRiver 30 4.634.6
8glceud 3 1.534
9DirtyCaller 25 5.330.3
10anfieldjames 27 027

final standings for the week you gotta play R/H to stand a chance--weird sort of league,worst tournament play can win--as long as you put volume on cash. They[s/J] should have just made it--cash leader board winners get to final!!
1Belgariad15 85.6100.6
2jaguar107882.590.5
3Geordigaz428.850.8
4kippe62620.146.1
5kail234137.838.8
6slovaken133.634.6
7DaiRiver304.634.6
8glceud31.534
9DirtyCaller255.330.3
10anfieldjames27027
Straight up tourney points, GG pissed it.....

Re: Stan James: The Four Dartsmen (Live final with complimentary bar ;) ) Geordigaz had most points from tournament--42--R/hands 8.8--total--50.8 --------------------------------- What a fr1gg1n upside down way to run a comp. For whats on offer,the players are paying over the odds--and S/James making more than giving

Re: Stan James: The Four Dartsmen (Live final with complimentary bar ;) ) shant be bothering in the rest of this series,Stan James have shot themselves in the foot imo with this. ul Gaz,consistent play yet again from you :clap:clap

Re: Stan James: The Four Dartsmen (Live final with complimentary bar ;) ) When GaF posted up the original link I had a look at all the T & C's to see if any raked hands were required as I knew something like that was needed for the mardle promo. If it was stated at the very start about raked hands I wouldn't have played the promo at all cos like I said I'm not a cash player! Having thought about it, I think I was a bit harsh in earlier posts about SJ cos in the past they have been very good to PL (PLWSOP @ DTD, the WSOP promo that alan won etc...), I was just quite gutted about the new rules! Anyway, I'm over it now, don't like darts anyway! :loon Good Luck to everyone who takes part in the next 5 weeks! :hope

When GaF posted up the original link I had a look at all the T & C's to see if any raked hands were required as I knew something like that was needed for the mardle promo. If it was stated at the very start about raked hands I wouldn't have played the promo at all cos like I said I'm not a cash player! Having thought about it, I think I was a bit harsh in earlier posts about SJ cos in the past they have been very good to PL (PLWSOP @ DTD, the WSOP promo that alan won etc...), I was just quite gutted about the new rules! Anyway, I'm over it now, don't like darts anyway! :loon Good Luck to everyone who takes part in the next 5 weeks! :hope
I didn't play any of the mardle promo, so I didn't know. Before I put the thread up, I worked through the T&C to make sure I highlighted anything of significance (and copied them so we all knew the T&C). I dont know when they started fiddling around with it and changing it, but IMO it's pretty poor to be changing it so dramatically after it's underway. I can understand tweaks to maintain the spirit of the tournament, but not a wholesale change like they actually made :unsure

I didn't play any of the mardle promo, so I didn't know. Before I put the thread up, I worked through the T&C to make sure I highlighted anything of significance (and copied them so we all knew the T&C). I dont know when they started fiddling around with it and changing it, but IMO it's pretty poor to be changing it so dramatically after it's underway. I can understand tweaks to maintain the spirit of the tournament, but not a wholesale change like they actually made :unsure
I can only assume that they have received a number of complaints from their Cash players, that they are pumping so much money into the site and not benefitting from the promos they are doing, so its been changed. The MTT players will do the same and complain (like Gaz did), but it will fall on deaf ears, as SJ listed that they had the right to alter t&c's anyway they pleased yah de yah, and at the end of the day SJ can afford to "lose some MTT players" from their promo as they know the cash players will participate and they cannot really afford to lose them.

Re: Stan James: The Four Dartsmen (Live final with complimentary bar ;) ) Cant get involved this week a I am otherwise occupied today and thursday. Gutted last weeks score was so low as I know I could have beaten that.

Re: Stan James: The Four Dartsmen (Live final with complimentary bar ;) ) latest standings

1CKitty281.583.5
2scarface1975 18 63.981.9
3kail2342630.256.2
4rozet29572 41.343.3
5gazola1619.235.2
6richardcairn 2 29.731.7
7Alaralacha1224.626.6
812steps25 025
9SSpiersey20020
10666evil 20 020

yes you can win it just through rake but you have to play the game at night for the rake to count that you made that day does that make sense
Yes Kippe , cheers mate ... I just find it crazy that if the daily points were spread over the whole field ie different pts finishers each night , then someone could get no points and still win on raked hands ... Do you know what max raked hands points is btw please ??

Re: Stan James: The Four Dartsmen (Live final with complimentary bar ;) ) i dont think there is a max just 1point for 10 raked hands in theory us small stakes players can grind all week only to find a high roller blast aload of hands on big tables on thursday and blow us all away

Re: Stan James: The Four Dartsmen (Live final with complimentary bar ;) ) Its 50 points per day = 200 points per week for raked hands available... Only amax of 100 points available for winning all 4 tourneys. Btw, bounty on Hawaii something or other tonight, according to the email I recieved....

Re: Stan James: The Four Dartsmen (Live final with complimentary bar ;) ) Well I was pretty consistent this week with 4 Final Tables, but haven't played any cash so won't be near the top of the leaderboard.........at the end of the day it's up to Stan James how they run their Promos and there's still good value to be had...it's also pretty quick from start to finish. (It was a bit unfortunate that they didn't specify the Raked Hands right at the beginning) Other notables Hawaii501 (Wayne Mardle) almost reached the Final Table:clap RB was disconnected most of the night but managed to defend his BB at least 3 times for a commendable 16th place:lol TQM