Overdose ruled out of Ascot

with all the goings on in here today how about a bit of proper racing news this is a shame as would have been great to see it in action, will hit a few 10 to follows also Ascot ruled out for Overdose Hungarian superstar Overdose has been ruled out of Royal Ascot next month as a foot injury is taking longer than expected to heal. The unbeaten four-year-old, who has been handed the title of the 'Budapest Bullet', was forced to miss an intended engagement in the Temple Stakes at Haydock this weekend after developing the problem earlier this month and all plans have now had to be shelved. Owner Zoltan Mikoczy told www.racingpost.com: "The inflammation spread from his left fore leg to the right. He has no chance of running at Royal Ascot because there is no time left to prepare him for it. But there will be a Royal Ascot again next year." He added: "The X-ray showed no change in the structure of the bone in 'Dozi's' hoof. The inflammation is going away and Dozi is now standing on both his feet and is turning around in his box on both feet. "If all goes well, he can come out of his box on Thursday for his first walk."

Re: Overdose ruled out of Ascot That'll teach me for putting a horse in the 10 to follow I didnt know much about, a few good judges were talking it up and just followed the masses. Think the sprints are wide open this season dont you?

Re: Overdose ruled out of Ascot Yeah........what a shame........ Won't forget the day of the Abbeye.........there was a Hungarian poster on another forum and this was his 'big day'.........he was so excited he was on the verge of bursting.......... And then the awful let-down of the farce........... I was hoping Overdose would come over and blitz the field just for the sake of that lad..............

Re: Overdose ruled out of Ascot

That'll teach me for putting a horse in the 10 to follow I didnt know much about, a few good judges were talking it up and just followed the masses. Think the sprints are wide open this season dont you?
yes i do billy, i think they could even go to an outsider this year maybe a 4yo which hasnt shown its true form just yet....think i have 2 in mind actually! ;)

Re: Overdose ruled out of Ascot

I hadn't even heard of this horse. Just read up a bit and seems they reckon he is potentially one of the great sprinters.
Yes, was lookinbg forward to seeing it at Ascot & then the July cup, hopefully next year :ok