WIN $500 A DAY SPONSORSHIP! FREEROLL 25th May

swampster

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WIN $500 A DAY SPONSORSHIP! FREEROLL 25th May

How does it work then mate' date=' they give you the $500?[/quote'] every day they sweep your account, by either adding, or taking away your profit, and bank, so you always start with $500. The 1st Wednesday in every month is the start, so at the end, you can claim 50% of your profit (1st few months you can claim 25%, then it goes up to 40%, rest is paid quarterly, or yearly if you claiming 40%)

every day they sweep your account, by either adding, or taking away your profit, and bank, so you always start with $500. The 1st Wednesday in every month is the start, so at the end, you can claim 50% of your profit (1st few months you can claim 25%, then it goes up to 40%, rest is paid quarterly, or yearly if you claiming 40%)
What did you do to qualify for this? Take it wasnt just a final table in the freeroll:tongue2

There's lots of player's play these' date=' that also win 1000's online/offline. That's what makes poker a great game ;)[/quote'] Guess its just as easy to average $5.00 a v-roll as to attain a 10% ROI in $50 stt's:dude

I was on FT but not intending taking up the offer of mentoring' date='so if it was a PL'er was hoping to pass it on but would need details to give to Sandy.[/quote'] My radar was a bit off that day Gup :lol ..... sorry m8 I forgot you made the FT .... a nice gesture to pass it on though :clap. Hey ooblio .... great to see you qualify for the badbeat sponsorship as I had a few questions please. In these early stages have you felt your game has altered in any way ?? Do you find playing with badbeat money is an added pressure as you mentioned the loss for that one day ... Paul Rigg told me one guy lost 90% of his "50/50's" and that alone caused a consistant loss that meant he got "sacked". Is there a way to blank these (small in your case) blips out of your mind for the next day ... The answers to these questions are probably apparent but I just wanted a "first hand" experience off you please before I embark on the qualification process etc. I just wander whether sponsorship is worth pursuing because if I was profitable and managed my account accordingly ...:unsure .. then I would get 100% of winnings. This means if I played 100 STTS and made eg $300 on Badbeat , I could play only 50 STTS and make the same $300 playing with my own money..... or so the theory goes. Thx in advance.

My radar was a bit off that day Gup :lol ..... sorry m8 I forgot you made the FT .... a nice gesture to pass it on though :clap. Hey ooblio .... great to see you qualify for the badbeat sponsorship as I had a few questions please. In these early stages have you felt your game has altered in any way ?? Do you find playing with badbeat money is an added pressure as you mentioned the loss for that one day ... Paul Rigg told me one guy lost 90% of his "50/50's" and that alone caused a consistant loss that meant he got "sacked". Is there a way to blank these (small in your case) blips out of your mind for the next day ... The answers to these questions are probably apparent but I just wanted a "first hand" experience off you please before I embark on the qualification process etc. I just wander whether sponsorship is worth pursuing because if I was profitable and managed my account accordingly ...:unsure .. then I would get 100% of winnings. This means if I played 100 STTS and made eg $300 on Badbeat , I could play only 50 STTS and make the same $300 playing with my own money..... or so the theory goes. Thx in advance.
Thats Phil's argument too. Why share your skill, and others benefit from it. There are so many get out clauses for badbeat to get rid of me, but my view is, give it a go (you never know), it may turn out well for both BB, and myself. If not, then at least i have tried.

Re: WIN $500 A DAY SPONSORSHIP! FREEROLL 25th May $13 down tonight, taking it bit, by bit. Seem to be stronger on $50 sng's than the $20 ones. I got mentor appointment with Daz Hedley, between 5pm and 6pm Friday, so shall see what he says :eek As for playing different, I play same, but found in past when staked by PL, it hurt me more than losing my own money. BB not as bad. It's a bit like shoplifting. Steal from small store, they feel it, but big store, dont know it's missing :rollin Just jesting :lol ...............................I think :loon

Re: WIN $500 A DAY SPONSORSHIP! FREEROLL 25th May Wow.. now thats a really nice offer, i mean, im perfectly rolled to play those ones (U$50) but a downswing on those have made me think more than twice about trying them. Is that offer open for everyone ooblio? (I mean, you have more info now than what is posted on the site ;) ) Regards

Wow.. now thats a really nice offer, i mean, im perfectly rolled to play those ones (U$50) but a downswing on those have made me think more than twice about trying them. Is that offer open for everyone ooblio? (I mean, you have more info now than what is posted on the site ;) ) Regards
See Guppies post 67. Anyone who fits criteria can give it a go. The bit you say about downswing, makes it a safer proposition, so why not give it a go :ok

Re: WIN $500 A DAY SPONSORSHIP! FREEROLL 25th May Cheers ooblio .... as you say if you don't try ...... I can honestly say that after my one hour listening to Paul Rigg the other week it has totally transformed my game ... Sounds crazy but he really has made me think about certain situations so I thank him for that. I really don't want to play 6000 hands for a cash sponsorship but I wouldn't mind playing cash ...:unsure ... conversely if I played 100 STTS (not as high as $50) .... and did well on Grandslam i'd be tempted to go it alone .... Decisions , decisions ...... Keep us posted as some others have mentioned please .... I feel we can all become better players through mentoring but i'm surprised Phil hasn't snapped the offer up as he doesn't have to prove anything :dude ...... I play here , there , every flipping where so I have to play on Grandslam before I can be considered...

Re: WIN $500 A DAY SPONSORSHIP! FREEROLL 25th May remember, we'll be following the two guys in WPT POKER mag each month if they keep up the programme. ooblio, if you're continuing to post on here, i'll take a few snippets of what you've learned as part of the piece, but also PM me your email address so i can contact you direct. cheers jon

Re: WIN $500 A DAY SPONSORSHIP! FREEROLL 25th May Hi guys, like Dreamkiller, my chat with Paul Rigg whilst playing NL cash was very good. He didn't tell me anything that I wasn't really aware of but reinforced what I already know but sometimes don't use when I should (wimp out situations when you know you should raise but wimp out in favour of a call for example). As it stands at the moment I'm probably not going to go ahead with it, My reasons are threefold.... 1. I've got a lot of other stuff on at the moment - nothing to do with poker - and therefore can't commit to anything like the volume of play necessary (hell it's almost a full time job and I'm a lazy old retired git). 2. My heads not in the right place (please no comments about it being up my arse - hehe) - probably related to number 1. One thing I do know is that if I can't sustain the right degree of concentration and patience then my poker suffers and at the mo theres too many disruptions. 3. If I do get my head in the right place then I think I'd probably self finance, (my past profits from poker would help). Probably not initially at level of $500 a day though, and that way I keep all the profits (if any) and can play on multiple sites. The downside of doing it yourself is the lack of training/observation to ensure that you keep the standard of play at the right level. One positive result of all this is that I'm starting to spend time playing NL cash (at low levels) and making a little money - who knows if I can find 4 hours a day of right mindset then I'll consider another tryout at badbeat.com. Anyway good luck to all those going forward with the sponsorships - most PLrs who play in the PL-specials have the game to be a success. Thanks once again to Swampster for his role in all this - I think there are a few PLrs who'll make a few bob out of it.

Re: WIN $500 A DAY SPONSORSHIP! FREEROLL 25th May :clapHi Phil .... Good luck with your decision and your poker in the future m8. I fully understand your reasons and can relate to those myself as I am in a quandry myself. I am doing very well since talking to Paul and as you point out he basically reinforces what we should be thinking every hand. I feel this sort of offer better suits those with little day to day "responsibility" ... be it work , kids , etc etc. Working around these situations and trying to play badbeat requirements can seem a little daunting. Good luck to all those who try their offer :hope