** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BPP/Focus May

Guppie

Re: BPP/Focus May

01/05/200922:00 BSTBoylePoker $1000 added Deepstack Freezeout (5000 chips)$20+$2
02/05/200921:30 BST32Red Be The Bounty $1250 guaranteed$10+$1+Add-On
03/05/200919:30 BSTVirgin V Roll 25,000 V Points25RH
04/05/200920:15 BSTVirgin Cheapskates Rebuy - €70 Added10c R&A
05/05/200920:00 BSTVirgin PL Exclusive V Points League - 5000 V Points added - FOCUS10 RH (48hrs)
06/05/2009 21:00 BST Boss/wide €4,000 €27.50 NL Freezeout 07/05/2009 19:05 BST Full Tilt Mini Ftops PL Omaha Knockout $26 +/or 19:15 BST Boss €200 GTE Omaha Hi/LO €5.50
08/05/200919:30 BSTWilliam Hill Super Series - $500 Added$2.50+50c
09/05/2009 20:35 BST Boss-€3,500 gtd ,€11 Freezeout 10/05/2009 19:05 BST Ftops Full tilt $26 NL Hold em Knockout 6 max £75,000 Gtd 11/05/2009-19:05 BST Ftops Full Tilt $22 Pl Omaha/8 + PL Will Hill Focus game also
12/05/200920:00 BSTVirgin PL Exclusive V Points League - 5000 V Points added - FOCUS10 RH (48hrs)
13/05/2009-19:30 BST Boss Wide €3,500 Gte €22 14/05/2009-20:00 BST Ladbrokes $25 Turbo NLHE Freezeout These are subject to change-If anyone knows of some good added value tournaments not listed please shout out.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: BPP/Focus May I believe $150(washmans bounty)from last night was equivalent to 4th place and for this and all future bounty tournaments i will allocate points based on Bounty value = position x runners In the case of someone else finishing in the "equivalent position" the bounty hunter will drop1 place:ok

Re: BPP/Focus May Reckon Runa should think again when you tell him you are sooooo busy in future;)

Typical this' date=' now you're doing the scoring, most nights are blank. I think we need a May Madness special to stop you from getting idle. ;)[/quote']

Re: BPP/Focus May Just a bit of feedback from me in relation to the new scoring system... To be honest, I really dislike it. I think it doesn't reward players enough for doing well in big field tourneys, I'm not sure if this was the intention when thinking up the new system? :unsure For example, I played in the boss game last night, 407 runners, 3 and a half hours and I finished 13th for 9 points and bottom of the leaderboard!! No disrespect to the other guys, but I think it's a bit unfair that someone who finishes 5th in a 35 runner tourneys gets more points than someone who grinds for 3 and a half hours and finishes 13th of 407! Just some thoughts! :ok Gaz

Re: BPP/Focus May Know what you mean mate but it's the best we could come up with at the time. The trouble with the old system is it was left on 1 persons shoulders to do the updates and by doing it this way it can be spread between us. We will keep looking at it and see if there is a way round it.:ok

Just a bit of feedback from me in relation to the new scoring system... To be honest, I really dislike it. I think it doesn't reward players enough for doing well in big field tourneys, I'm not sure if this was the intention when thinking up the new system? :unsure For example, I played in the boss game last night, 407 runners, 3 and a half hours and I finished 13th for 9 points and bottom of the leaderboard!! No disrespect to the other guys, but I think it's a bit unfair that someone who finishes 5th in a 35 runner tourneys gets more points than someone who grinds for 3 and a half hours and finishes 13th of 407! Just some thoughts! :ok Gaz

Know what you mean mate but it's the best we could come up with at the time. The trouble with the old system is it was left on 1 persons shoulders to do the updates and by doing it this way it can be spread between us. We will keep looking at it and see if there is a way round it.:ok
no probs, I wasn't having a go, can understand looking at different ways of doing things and I appreciate you guys do a great job! :ok

No problem guys appreciate the feedback:ok If you or anyone else can come up with an alternative/fairer way of scoring(not the old way for a bit )would be great:ok
Just a thought divide position by entrants = points . 2/100= 50 etc

Re: BPP/Focus May By that formula,you would of scored 17.44 and gazz 31 odd but still think it may be a potential way forward but perhaps with a maximum score with larger fields. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Just a thought divide position by entrants = points . 2/100= 50 etc

If you or anyone else can come up with an alternative/fairer way of scoring(not the old way for a bit )would be great:ok
Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Just that the original way of doing it was sheer genius - the guy who created it must have been brilliant :tongue2 PS Before he comes in trying to claim the credit, slapdash provided the inspiration, but not the final polished version :tongue2

Just that the original way of doing it was sheer genius - the guy who created it must have been brilliant :tongue2 PS Before he comes in trying to claim the credit, slapdash provided the inspiration, but not the final polished version :tongue2
And if that person would like to come back and run it for a couple of months we'd be happy to keep it. :ok I can't commit to daily BPP for a couple of months (or so) til we get moved and Guppie doesn't have Excel, so that's why we're trying something different. Alternative is to take a little break from it as interest did seem to be dwindling last couple of months.