Kempton (eve) - 22/4/09

8.20 Kempton Green Agenda is officially 2 lbs well in and won convincingly last time out to suggest he can shrug off a 6 lb penalty here and continue his impressive form. Since going handicapping Mark Johnston's gelding has been a revelation, winning 4/5 and finishing a 0.25 length second on the run when beaten. He contested the Timeform million last year (won by Donatavium) and this year has started to fulfill his potential. This win at Thirsk showed him to be in great heart and at 4/1 (paddy) he looks a fantastic bet. 5 pts win. 8.50 Kempton I can't see Taqdeyr getting beaten here, another that won ever so impressive last time out for an inform yard and another that looks very well in under a penalty. The problem is the price. I missed the 1.8's last night on Betfair and he's now trading at around 1.47 which is too short for me to get involved in for a handicap. I think he will hack up and do it well but will watch this one from the sidelines.

Re: Kempton (eve) - 22/4/09 7.20 Dome Rocket 6/4 bet3 bog 10 pts Has been second three times so far in his career but this could just be the opportunity to get off the mark. Despite is three second placings, I don’t really see that much wrong with his attitude wise, he’s just found one too good on three occasions. On debut when a big price he ran well when green to make up a lot of ground to be second at a big price. After that he bumped into stoute’s promising jedi and then finally he found the subsequent impressive winner, gitano hernando too good. He shapes very much as though the extra trip today should suit and this could be a fair opportunity to get off the mark with the champ on board.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.