** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup 2010 ( 31 march - 02 april )

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 31 march - 02 april )

agree mate' date=' Uzbeks are at least 1 class below Australia, if ppl think after 4:0 against really poor Qatar they could also get anything out of this match, they are mistaken. Also Bahrein home win for me with decent price at 1,80, they should even cover the handicap with ease despite all political issues due to Reelection of AFC president Bin Hamman who comes from Qatar[/quote'] and who care about Bin Hamman or others here , we talk about football not political issues :)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah us aussies dont seem to normally be able to get a result... especially if the A League players are playing...
They sure can win this , but to miss Uzbek +1.5 Value is crazy :\

Australia -1.5 (2.17 @ centrebet) Australia goes into this game with much confidence as they have been in camp for over a week and knowing that a win here will just about get them a ticket to South Africa. They have just about a full strength line up with the likes of Cahill, Kewell and Neill who are ready to play. As for Uzbekistan, they are coming off a 15 hour flihht to get to the game and with jet lag sure to affect them, they may be under done for this game. With reports of several injuries to their players, they also may be ripe for a big loss, as they did lose to Australia 0-1 at home, and now face an expected huge crowd who are looking for their second WC appearance in a row
fcking nice header from kennedy and unfair penalty - you are the man ! THANKS !

Did anyone watch the Bosnia vs Belgium game? Just wondering what the match itself was like as the quick three goals after the suspension of the match could have been just a bit of luck? Fancy Bosnia at 11/10 here, brilliant home record, and beating Belgium away and Spain only scraping past them, seem to be a decent outfit
if you want to see the whole match its here http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...43119468224919 http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...82472980740172

Belarus to win Slovenia to win Bosnia to win and the upset Ukraine to win
I'd love to hear the reasoning behind backing Ukraine to win away against England. England have been impressive to watch (bar the 2-0 loss to Spain, where we experimented with different players) under Capello, where as Ukraine seem to be living off of Schevchenko. Rio Ferdinand comes back into contention to partner John Terry at the heart of defence. Peter Crouch is likely to play a lone striking position, which he has performed well in for Portsmouth since the departure of Defoe. Gerrard and Rooney appear likely to play in the hole supporting Crouch, which is crucial for me as that is the best position to play both Rooney and Gerrard in because we all know how much they love to break forward from midfield. With Glen Johnson and Ashley Cole marauding down the right and left flanks respectively, and the possibility of Shaun Wright-Phillips on the right wing, we are an impressive side....and.... at home I'd expect us to win against Ukraine. English football appears to have turned a slight corner since the recent dark days of Mclaren. I just can't find any reasoning as to why Ukraine should be backed.

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind backing Ukraine to win away against England. England have been impressive to watch (bar the 2-0 loss to Spain, where we experimented with different players) under Capello, where as Ukraine seem to be living off of Schevchenko. Rio Ferdinand comes back into contention to partner John Terry at the heart of defence. Peter Crouch is likely to play a lone striking position, which he has performed well in for Portsmouth since the departure of Defoe. Gerrard and Rooney appear likely to play in the hole supporting Crouch, which is crucial for me as that is the best position to play both Rooney and Gerrard in because we all know how much they love to break forward from midfield. With Glen Johnson and Ashley Cole marauding down the right and left flanks respectively, and the possibility of Shaun Wright-Phillips on the right wing, we are an impressive side....and.... at home I'd expect us to win against Ukraine. English football appears to have turned a slight corner since the recent dark days of Mclaren. I just can't find any reasoning as to why Ukraine should be backed.
It is because I dont think England pays teams like Ukraine enough respect and this sometimes brings them undone. Also Ukraine have alot of goods players other than Schevchenko and Voronin, The youngster Chygrynskiy and there is also Tymoschuk who will cause problems, Ukraine are also on an unbeaten run as well. Every heart beats true for the yellow and blue!!!!!!! Get on board....

Australia -1.5 (2.17 @ centrebet) Australia goes into this game with much confidence as they have been in camp for over a week and knowing that a win here will just about get them a ticket to South Africa. They have just about a full strength line up with the likes of Cahill, Kewell and Neill who are ready to play. As for Uzbekistan, they are coming off a 15 hour flihht to get to the game and with jet lag sure to affect them, they may be under done for this game. With reports of several injuries to their players, they also may be ripe for a big loss, as they did lose to Australia 0-1 at home, and now face an expected huge crowd who are looking for their second WC appearance in a row
:clapCheers mate! lumped on Aus -1.5, didn't see the match but the perfect result. Any other tips for today? Surely Holland -2 looks good. And under 2.5 in Italy v Ireland!

and who care about Bin Hamman or others here ' date=' we talk about football not political issues :)[/quote'] Sadly Asian football IS politics, if you want or not!!! Or do you e.g. believe 5 draws in a row between North and South Korea happenend accidentally? :unsure if you want to read more about asian election issue regarding Bahrein/ Qatar match: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1775/asian-editorials/2009/03/30/1182032/comment-qatar-and-bahrain-battle-for-points-on-the-pitch-and-powe

Sadly Asian football IS politics, if you want or not!!! Or do you e.g. believe 5 draws in a row between North and South Korea happenend accidentally? :unsure if you want to read more about asian election issue regarding Bahrein/ Qatar match: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1775/asian-editorials/2009/03/30/1182032/comment-qatar-and-bahrain-battle-for-points-on-the-pitch-and-powe
dont scare me :unsure i have bet on south korea and seems to me there's gonna be some goals! ball possession is about 75-25. These guys have to be professional actors.

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 31 march - 02 april ) People although Scotland still should see Iceland off. I would be wary, it has been released today that captain ferguson and MaGregor the goalkeeper could both be dropped for tonights game for staying up all night on some booze binge. Dont think all is right in the camp just now.

Sadly Asian football IS politics, if you want or not!!! Or do you e.g. believe 5 draws in a row between North and South Korea happenend accidentally? :unsure if you want to read more about asian election issue regarding Bahrein/ Qatar match: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1775/asian-editorials/2009/03/30/1182032/comment-qatar-and-bahrain-battle-for-points-on-the-pitch-and-powe
The 0-0 is STILL 13/5 If you believe this LUMP ON NOW :ok

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 31 march - 02 april ) Russia -2.5 (1.95 @ pinnacle) Liechenstein are coming off a 4-0 loss away to Germany while Russia beat Azerbaijan 2-0. Russian toyed with Azerbaijan and the scoreline could have been more while Germany too should have scored more against Liechenstein as they score 2 goals in the first ten minutes and then 2 more in the first 5 minutes after half time. Russia has their two main attackers in Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko leading the team and look for these to be prominent once again as they are 4 points behind Germany with a game in hand, and they know that they can't afford to not only drop points here but also goal difference may come into play later on Croatia -3.5 (2.14 @ bet365) Hard not to see a very comfortable victory for the Croats given that they are several classes above Andorra. They have played them 5 times in Euro and WC qualifiers where they scored 22 goals and not conceded a goal. Their last 3 wins have been by at least 4 goals and their last away game saw them win 6-0 in September 2007. With Eduardo expected to play, they have their main striker playing that should finish off the creativity of Modric and Kranjcar. Germany -1.5 (2.34 @ pinnacle) Wales were very poor in losing 2-0 home to Finland and with their qualification hopes dashed then don't expect much enthusiasm in their game. The Germans strolled through a 4-0 over Liechenstein and even though Klose is not playing they do have Podolski and Gomes to lead the forward line and both have the ability to score. Germany need to continue their winning form as they can't allow Russia a chance to get straight qualification, so look for a typical methodical German performance that wears the opposition down and gets the goals they seek

dont scare me :unsure i have bet on south korea and seems to me there's gonna be some goals! ball possession is about 75-25. These guys have to be professional actors.
But the last two fixtures have had the same ebb and flow :(

asian handicap poland - san marino ( handicap 0.0 - 3.0)@ 3.35 what do you think about this bet ?
I'm not sure, there will be a shock or two tonight i gurantee. Poland were so bad against Ireland that i have little confidence in them picking up a few goals. I don't know. Maybe they will react and thrash San Marino or they will still be in depression and win 1-0 or draw!

I think England will win tonight but tosay you are an impressive side with the players you mentioned is laughable. You have been well and truly horsed by Spain this year and also lost to a pretty poor French side when you never looked like scoring a goal. It looks like the typical England to me, good in qualifying, but when you come up against anything decent, you're lost and more likely than not, going to end up being defeated.

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 31 march - 02 april ) Going for a BIG treble this week. England vs Slovakia England -1 Wales vs Germany Germany -1 Turkey vs Spain Spain to win £200 stake - £2100 return :loon :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

Going for a BIG treble this week. England vs Slovakia England -1 Wales vs Germany Germany -1 Turkey vs Spain Spain to win £200 stake - £2100 return :loon :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope
I think Turkey will spoil your treble! I actually think Turkey could win this match. The big teams always lose at least one match in the qualification rounds and away to Turkey is a hard match for any team!

I think Turkey will spoil your treble! I actually think Turkey could win this match. The big teams always lose at least one match in the qualification rounds and away to Turkey is a hard match for any team!
I agree. I'm fairly happy with the England and Germany -1's but I'm crossing everything for the Turkey v Spain game.