Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera

Friday 13 March 2009Boxer 1 Draw Boxer 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
McCloskey, P v Harrison, D (22:00GMT) 1.2334.006.5099.63 % Details »
Hide « McCloskey, P v Harrison, D
Harrison, D v McCloskey, P (22:10GMT) 7.0029.001.10108.64 % Details »
Hide « Harrison, D v McCloskey, P
Saturday 14 March 2009Boxer 1 Draw Boxer 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Bute, L v Zuniga, F (00:30GMT) 1.2026.004.50109.40 % Details »
Hide « Bute, L v Zuniga, F
Hall, M v Pryce, B (18:00GMT) 2.5026.001.66103.85 % Details »
Hide « Hall, M v Pryce, B
Abraham, A v Simon, L (18:30GMT) 1.0441.0015.00105.26 % Details »
Hide « Abraham, A v Simon, L
Elcock, W v Macklin, M (20:00GMT) 2.1523.001.83105.40 % Details »
Hide « Elcock, W v Macklin, M
Afolabi, O v Maccarinelli, E (21:00GMT) 6.5041.001.16103.54 % Details »
Hide « Afolabi, O v Maccarinelli, E
Cook, N v Martinez, R (21:00GMT) 2.2523.001.72106.69 % Details »
Hide « Cook, N v Martinez, R
Barrera, MA v Khan, A (22:00GMT) 2.3034.001.8899.61 % Details »
I know there's a few of us going to the MEN card so would be good to get some early discussion going and a few bets to go with on what looks like a weekend with quite a bit of betting potential.

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera Lads, he fights Lee Swaby on the Macklin/Elcock Brum card . ITV 4 are televising it tomorrow night. Don't think this'll last..RDS 123 @ 3.85 Skyb. Too big to ignore at the price. Any sort of sustained flurries and the ref will jump in as he did in his last 2 fights. Swaby a journeyman.

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera

Lads, he fights Lee Swaby on the Macklin/Elcock Brum card . ITV 4 are televising it tomorrow night. Don't think this'll last..RDS 123 @ 3.85 Skyb. Too big to ignore at the price. Any sort of sustained flurries and the ref will jump in as he did in his last 2 fights. Swaby a journeyman.
I think I've seen Swaby fight before, blonde/light ginger haired fella? Has he fought Hobson before at Cruiserweight? If it's te same guy he has absolutely no chance, Fury within 1-2 rounds by KO for me. I'll get onto Skybet and have a look now. Cheers Greenhoff. :ok Might see you tomorrow at the Khan fight.

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera yeah used to be cruiser, had about 6 @ heavy weight, not won i don't think. Used as a 'name' for prospects ledgers now. 10's and 8's for ist 2 rds . Enjoy the night tomorrow!! Should be an awesome experience.

Date Bet Type Receipt # Stake Selection(s)
13/03/2009 Single O/11977215/0000009 £20.71
  1. Fury T v Swaby L Fury T Rnd 3 @ 6/1

Single O/11977215/0000008 £16.11
  1. Fury T v Swaby L Fury T Rnd 2 @ 8/1

Single O/11977215/0000007 £13.18
  1. Fury T v Swaby L Fury T Rnd 1 @ 10/1

I've dutched 50 quid on the first 3 rounds with the intention of making 94 quid profit if he wins in the first 3 rounds. I think the ref will stop the fight, I hope the big man doesn't let us down. Not had a bet on the Khan fight, shortest odds is Khan to win on points, can't see that myself, think it's win or lose by KO.

Is Fury on the box the?. Getting through fights at a fair rate isn't he?
Fighting about once a month, like a young pro should be in his first 12 months. That's the problem with a lot of young European pros IMHO, they don't fight often enough. You should have about 12 fights in your first year, 8 in your second then depending on how you've progressed anything from 3-6 a year subsequently. That was Fraudley's big problem, in 8 years as a pro he had 27 fights. Mike Tyson had 18 fights in his first year as a pro. If you're winning every fight by KO it's what you have to do. Lewis had 12 and won the European title in his 13th, his 14th was against Gary Mason who was 35-0-0 at the time! I expect Fury to follow a similar trajectory. Anyway, on to the betting. Khan V Barrera. Two things put this firmly in Khan's favour for me. First off Warren and Roach aren't going to make a fight their man is going to lose. Not a chance. Second, Barrera is much smaller and older than Khan. There is a bigger difference here than Pac Vs. De la Hoya. It's an insane size difference. On the boxing thread I went though Khan's record and picked out the pattern with the fighters he's been in with. Durable fighters at the tail end of their careers with records of not being KO artists. Barrera fits this bill perfectly. I can't decide on the KO so Khan at 1.8 to win is a maximum bet for me. I'll be on Fury to score the early KO aswell, for all the reasons mentioned above. I think I agree with everything that's been written on that one.

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera Just looking at the stats of both fighters and Khan is 4in taller and has to boil down to the weight so come fight night I'd say he could be at least a stone heavier than his opponent. I also looked at Prescotts record (Khans only loss) and he is some knockout merchant 18 KO's in 21 fights. In hindsight it was a crazy fight to take.

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera Barrera is droping all the time. Many places had him still at 11/10 this morning. Be pushed to find that anywhere now. I have 200 on Barrera. Khan has been fighting nobody of Marco's experiance or ability. Yes he's 35 and passed his best. But lost only on points to the pound for pound best at the moment only 1 year and a half ago. Khan got knocked out badly a few fights ago and has absolutley no chin. Not only is Barrera the winner for me, but Khan doesnt even deserve to be fighting Barrera at this time.

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera Barrera all the way for me.I mean this guy is a legend.I know he is old and did not fight alot recently but he has an experience. Khan is young.Most of the guys he won against were shit bags.also Khan has glass chin.Khan reminds of Prince Nasim.Fast but with very cocky attitude. I think you all know what Barrera did to Nasim :spank I think same will happen to khan today.I'm taking barrera to win by KO. They only thing i'm worriying about is that Barrera had his eye cut few weeks ago while sparing fight.

Khan is young.Most of the guys he won against were shit bags.also Khan has glass chin.Khan reminds of Prince Nasim.Fast but with very cocky attitude.
I just don't understand how anyone can compare Khan and Naz. They;re so unalike it's unreal.

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera I'm on Khan, not for huge amounts but I think the speed, size and youth might be the difference in a Khan win. Also I agree that Roach/Warren wouldn't let him fight someone like Barrera after the Prescott debacle unless they thought they had a real advantage in a certain area. I know all about Barrera but another thing that might be telling is the cut that MAB got a few weeks ago from some no-name in Mexico. Needless fight for him to take and would be ironic if that could play some part tonight. On another topic, I've had a f*cking nightmare ordering this card, not got a phone line hooked up to the Sky so have had to try and order over the phone.. 45mins after the card starts I finally reach someone by phoning the Upgrade line! Absolute disgrace the way all the phone lines were blocked, completely missed the Cook fight and probably spent a fortune on the mobile ringing dead end numbers and going through all the f*cking 'press 1 for x, press 2 for y' routines. In the end they f*cking charged me a quid extra to order over the phone aswell!

I'm on Khan, not for huge amounts but I think the speed, size and youth might be the difference in a Khan win. Also I agree that Roach/Warren wouldn't let him fight someone like Barrera after the Prescott debacle unless they thought they had a real advantage in a certain area. I know all about Barrera but another thing that might be telling is the cut that MAB got a few weeks ago from some no-name in Mexico. Needless fight for him to take and would be ironic if that could play some part tonight. On another topic, I've had a f*cking nightmare ordering this card, not got a phone line hooked up to the Sky so have had to try and order over the phone.. 45mins after the card starts I finally reach someone by phoning the Upgrade line! Absolute disgrace the way all the phone lines were blocked, completely missed the Cook fight and probably spent a fortune on the mobile ringing dead end numbers and going through all the f*cking 'press 1 for x, press 2 for y' routines. In the end they f*cking charged me a quid extra to order over the phone aswell!
Me too, I didn't get through on the phone and get it sorted until almost 10pm!

Why in the f*ck are people booing Khan...?
Cause they're fickle bastards, just like the press. The last comment before the fight started was 'busted flush', after the fight he's a 'legend reborn' or some other such bullshit. Result was never in doubt anyway. And he still can't win a world title. He's getting KO'd by the first proper top 10 lightweight he fights, no mistake. Glad to see the back of Maccarinelli. That Olafabi looks like he could be in the mix if he got his head in the right place and his act together. Someone's got to be questioning Calzaghe's credentials as a trainer after tonight aswell.

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera It was not Barrera,it was nothing look like him...:eyes I mean,he didn't even want to fight,he didn't punch...he was taking punches and never ersponded...it just looks like he was paid to loose :unsure ...Then head clash,deep cut,loads of blood...Good fight and speed from Khan,he worked well with his combinations.... But i think there was something wrong with Barrera...i never saw him like that....:sad

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera I think its something a bit more sinister with Khan, the guy was our ONLY boxer at the Olympics and came back with a medal, he's respectful, not one for talking sh*t and is one of the most exciting fighters we have. Don't agree with you about him getting smashed so easily but its all about opinions I suppose. Are you yourself not being a bit fickle after Calzaghe's fighters have one bad fight? ..Calzaghe, Rees, Maccarrinelli, Pryce, Lockett

I think its something a bit more sinister with Khan' date=' the guy was our ONLY boxer at the Olympics and came back with a medal, he's respectful, not one for talking sh*t and is one of the most exciting fighters we have. Don't agree with you about him getting smashed so easily but its all about opinions I suppose. Are you yourself not being a bit fickle after Calzaghe's fighters have one bad fight? ..Calzaghe, Rees, Maccarrinelli, Pryce, Lockett[/quote'] How is it fickle when I haven't changed my opinion? I'd hardly say Maccarinelli has had 1 bad fight. That's his 3rd loss, with 2 of them coming against supposedly vastly inferior opposition. For me Enzo Calzaghe has never done anything as a trainer. I could have trained Joe to a world title. Paid to lose? Nah that's bullshit. Who did you think was going to turn up, the 2001 version? Not only that you missed the elephant in the room - size. This was like a bus crashing into a mini. Doesn't matter how well the mini is built it's coming off second best every time.

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera How is it fickle when I haven't changed my opinion? I'd hardly say Maccarinelli has had 1 bad fight. That's his 3rd loss, with 2 of them coming against supposedly vastly inferior opposition. For me Enzo Calzaghe has never done anything as a trainer. I could have trained Joe to a world title. Well Enzo was ranked the 6 Cruiser in the world by the Ring magazine so I guess some people rated him..

How is it fickle when I haven't changed my opinion? I'd hardly say Maccarinelli has had 1 bad fight. That's his 3rd loss' date= with 2 of them coming against supposedly vastly inferior opposition. For me Enzo Calzaghe has never done anything as a trainer. I could have trained Joe to a world title. Well Enzo was ranked the 6 Cruiser in the world by the Ring magazine so I guess some people rated him..
It's a weak division though, look at the top 10. Out of all those fighters there's only Adamek that I'd really rate. Compare that with the weights around where Khan is fighting, it's like a 'who's who' of modern boxing. Frank Warren is going to have to do some serious manouvering to get Khan in with a beatable fighter for either the Lightweight or Light Welterweight title.
What a load of ******* shit. Should of been stoped before the 4th so it didn't go to the scorecard. How can a man fight with one eye. ******* bollocks.
Yeah, counting meself slightly lucky there. As should everyone who was on Khan.