Darts: Premier League Week 6

Thursday 12 March 2009Player 1 Tie Player 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
van Barneveld, R v King, M (19:00GMT)2.305.302.60100.81 %Details »
Hide « van Barneveld, R v King, M
Klaasen, J v Part, J (20:00GMT)2.705.502.2599.66 %Details »
Hide « Klaasen, J v Part, J
Jenkins, T v Wade, J (21:00GMT)3.806.001.67102.86 %Details »
Hide « Jenkins, T v Wade, J
Taylor, P v Mardle, W (22:00GMT)1.1512.0019.00100.55 %Details »

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 6 3 for me this week. 5pts P.Taylor (-4.5 legs) to beat W.Mardle Evs Boylesports This looks a formality for Taylor really. He beat Mardle 8-0 and 8-1 in this last year and it could be a similar scoreline in this match. Taylor wasn't too impressed with King's antics last week and that spells trouble for Mardle because Taylor always comes out firing when he's been wounded. He's without a win in 3 now Taylor and that in itself is unheard of so he'll be all out for a huge win here. Mardle just hasn't got the scoring power to live with Taylor. How he drew with Barney last I'm still trying to work out but Mardle's finishing is unlikely to be anything near as good and Taylor will be more clinical. 8-3 is on our side and I can't see Mardle winning 4 legs so a confident bet on the -4.5 is the call here. 3pts T.Jenkins vs J.Wade Over 6.5 180's 11/10 Blue Square These two like the lipstick. Terry Jenkins only hit one 180 last week but narrowly missed out on probably a dozen more. James Wade is starting to click now and has been impressed around the 60, certainly against Taylor and Barney. Jenkins seems to up his game against the big players and I'd expect a decent enough contribution from him in this match. The match looks a tight one to me and could easily go the whole 14 legs which should ensure that we get the required 7 180's. 3pts Over 24 180's 6/4 Stan James I played this last week and got unlucky with us falling 1 short despite having 3/4 of the total covered in 2 matches. Annoyingly we had 55 out of a possible 56 legs last week too so it should have came in. We won't have that many legs this week purely because I can't see Taylor and Mardle going 8-5 or closer but I'd still expect the 180 line to be covered. Taylor's on last so we could get vintage Taylor while the Barney vs King and Wade vs Jenkins matches look close and high quality and should yield a few 180's. Part and Klaasen haven't hit too many so far but their match looks a good one for 180 potential and so there's enough on offer for me to hit the over 24 again.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 6 Bad night in this last week, hoping for better this week. Barney v King over 6.5 180s 1.8 sky 10 pts Think this could be a cracker. King has been awesome in this league and really hit form last week against Taylor to get a draw and should have won. He hit some 180s too with 7 that week and has hit 20 so far in the league (remmeber not as many legs with him either.) Barney has actually played ok in this league just unabale to quite get the wins. So far in this league he has hit 19 190s and I could see a scenario here when both these push each other into the real big scores today. A leg like these two managed in the 2003 world semi would be alright when both hit two 180 in their opening visits and although there are more adventurous options, Im going for there to be at least 7 180s in this one. Klaasen DNB 2.2 lad 10 pts Could be a bit of an 'upset' here for me. Part has only lost once in this and to be far has played better in this than in previous years and than what he did for most of last year. However as I said last week I still think he can play better and in patches in still throwing some medIocrce darts. The thing is that a lot of opponenets he has played havent played as they can against him, Jenkins last week a prime example. I have to say Im not sure what Jelle will turn up here but if he does turn up then he can quite easily beat Part. to be fair last week I thought he showed signs of playing better in a narrow defeat to Wade and he played ok at the weekened in the players where he reached a q/f, last 16. Klassen, with the throw, may win this outright but Im going dnb. Taylor -4.5 legs evens boy 10 pts Taylor I dont think has been at his complete best in this league so far but for me will still have too much for Mardle. Throwing first he needs two breaks and I think he will get them, 8-3, 8-1 kind of scorleine. Mardle finished well last week and that enabled him to get a point. However Taylor is going to put him under all sorts of pressure tonight and may well not allow Mardle many chances to finish. All the 'stuff' with king last week I imagine will just hype up Taylor that bit extra and wayne may feel it as he has before.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 6 Match to Produce Most 180s - Barneveld vs. King (10pts) 2.75 @ StanJames Over 6.5 180s - Barneveld vs. King (10pts) 1.80 @ SkyBet Don't usually post in this but I really fancy these, the main competition for the most 180s would seem to come from Wade/Jenkins but Jenkins was awful last week and Wade can have days where he hardly hits any at all. Think this is a pretty good price with the in form player of the league and Barny who can smash it on his own if he's in the mood. I really like that 'Over 6.5 180s' in the game too at a pretty good price, either player could well hit 7 on their own..