** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

does this fold make sense

wurzel133

Playing live last night, last game start with 1500 chips £10 buyin payout 1st 2 1500 chips wins a tenner game stops when last 2 left minimum prize £10 3 left blinds 100/200 sb me 1800 chips bb 825 chips button over 7000 and playing the bigstack well raising alot button goes allin i fold bb starts moaning and says he is only getting 60/40 to win a tenner which he already has then folds he shows :Ad: :Td: we all said he was daft to fold and it was an auto call he really flipped and reckoned he wasnt getting the right odds to call as he was only a % 60 favourite. I think with such a short stack its an auto call even if as he was hoping i would go allin on the next hand with any 2 cards as getting your buyin back isnt what we play for. have i missed the point of his argument or is he just talking crap? cheers wurzel

Re: does this fold make sense

start with 1500 chips £10 buyin payout 1st 2 1500 chips wins a tenner game stops when last 2 left minimum prize £10
Sorry - afraid I dont understand the prize structure - can you clarify please?

Re: does this fold make sense

Sorry - afraid I dont understand the prize structure - can you clarify please?
don't think it matters really unless he actually wants to come 3rd :unsure by the dialoge he wanted to come second(at least) ,so it was a awful fold. for a start being a if being a 60% favourite in a pot with a quarter of you stack in isn't good pot odds ,i really dont know what is:loon maybe he's hoping for aces in the next 9(or less if the blinds go up)hands,hopefully soon before the double up isn't worth it;). 3 handed with the big stack bullying and you so short a10 almost looks like aces,especially sooted:lol it's an insta call for me every day of the week,you in second are a double up ahead anyway ,so he must take the odd risk. i could go on but there's no point ,i would definately put tight in my player notes for him tho;)

Re: does this fold make sense I think the structure is for every 1,500 chips you have at the end of the game you win £10. Game automatically stop when there are 2 left and the minimum you win back is £10. I think. No matter the structure that is an insta-call and he obviously has no idea what pot odds are.

Re: does this fold make sense How does it work exactly? If he has 6000 chips he will get £40 but if he has 6750 will he get £45 or just the £40? Just if you need to get the full 1,500 chips to get any money then it makes his lay down even worse.