Stan James mini league- Newmarket Races

glceud

No travel expences so that rules me out.

Meet John McCririck and friends at the final table this Nemarket festival! Following in the footsteps of the hugely popular ‘Mardle on the Rock’ tour, we’re turning to the sport of kings for our next final table venue and the first two Classics of the season, the stanjames.com Guineas Festival over at Newmarket. You don’t want to miss this, read on... Over the next seven weeks, starting Tuesday 10th March, we’ll hold a tournament every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with your best scores counting towards the leaderboard. Points are earned for the top twenty places in each tourney and you’ll earn a bonus point just for taking part! Could be crucial at the business end for the £5000 prizepool...
Tuesday$5 Re-Buy 1,000 Chips10 minute blinds
Wednesday$5 Freezeout2,000 Chips12 minute blinds
Thursday$5 Shorthand2,000 Chips15 minute blinds
(Your top 12 results count towards the leaderboard) Speaking of this we’ve got racing supremo John McCririck sitting down with a £250 bounty on his head on the night, that coupled with two great days racing it’ll be a weekend to remember! Once the qualifiers are over and we know our 10 players, the final table is at racing’s HQ, Newmarket for our very own Guineas festival across the weekend of 2nd and 3rd of May. Here's what is included in the winners package... • VIP Ticket(s) to 2000 Guineas race day at Newmarket on 2nd May • Complimentary Bar • Private bookmaker facilities • £50 Free Bet on the weekend’s racing • Seat in two-table, 14 man MTT with prizepool worth £5,000. • A £250 Bounty on ‘Big Mac’, John McCririck, plus a £250 bounty on special guest

These Promotion Terms and Conditions ('Terms') apply to all Stan James promotions. In the event of any discrepancy or conflict between the Specific Terms and the Standard Terms detailed below, then the Specific Terms will prevail. Specific Terms – Big Mac 'At the Races' 1) The 10 top finishers in the leaderboard will win the package to play in the Live Big Mac ‘At the Races’ tournament on Saturday May 2nd to compete with John McCririck and 2 other qualifiers for a £5,000 Prizepool. 2) Under no circumstances will any alternatives or substitutes be offered to the winner. As in all tournaments, players may not sit out. Players who are not present shall be "blinded off" and their hands folded until they have no more chips and are eliminated. 3) The ‘package’ includes a seat at the Live Big Mac ‘At the Races’ tournament, (Newmarket), free entry to Newmarket to watch the 2000 Guineas, complimentary bar and a £50 free bet. 4) The 10 winners will be determined by those players who accumulate the most points in the given week of seven tournaments. Only the top 12 results from each individual player will count towards the leaderboard. In the event of two players tying, the 13th best result will count. If players are still tied then a heads up match will be played at a mutually convenient time to determine the winner. 5) On Monday 28th April, any player who has played in at least 5 tournaments in the seven week period, will be invited into a last-chance freezeout freeroll, where the top 2 players will qualify for the final two seats at Big Mac ‘At the Races’. 6) Awarding of any and all prizes is at the sole discretion of Stan James Poker management and any decisions taken by management in this regard are final. If any player is disqualified by Stan James Poker management, a suitable replacement will be entered or invited into the tournament at the discretion of Stan James. Only one package allowed per person. 7) The £5,000 Prizepool will be split as follows: Winner - £2500. Runner Up - £1,500. 3rd Place - £1000. Knock John McCririck for a £250 Bounty, knock out mystery guest for a further £250. 8) Travel and accommodation costs are not included in the package. Players must make their own arrangements. Any awards for any costs will be made at Stan James discretion. 9) The package is only available to UK and Ireland residents only. Non UK residents may enter the online qualifier but any points potentially earned will not be awarded.

Re: Stan James mini league- Newmarket Races

I don't know your Stan's alias w1nsome, but I'll take a stab at you being Bew1tched?? :clap Also AlpineHorn (pinky) and TheT (tc7777). How many have these been getting?
1st 2 events had 21 and 38 runners......20 from each event score league points and top 10 go to final so good value :)

I don't know your Stan's alias w1nsome, but I'll take a stab at you being Bew1tched?? :clap Also AlpineHorn (pinky) and TheT (tc7777). How many have these been getting?
---------------------- ----------- How did you guess? Thats a 5th & 2nd after 2 games

Re: Stan James mini league- Newmarket Races Latest Update:

1BEW1TCHED187
2DaiRiver172
3rosies134
4Beekeeper103
5theT99
6MadDanny3599
7AquaeSulis98
8clicky190
9AlpineHorn78
10pacmoor75
Any guesses as to how many points will be needed to finish in the top10? I'm thinking 600+.

500 points more than enough--to hit top 10
Nice one on tuesday w1nsome :ok I keep getting closer, but long way to go yet :hope I cant understand why someone called me a donk, just cos i hit twice on my BB :rollin and took the pot ?

from what i see mate you played well especially if im right in saying j 2 bb :lol hit full didnt you?
Aye and beekeeper ;) winding him up even more by saying that was PL special :tongue2. Think he/she went off on one then :rollin

Nice one on tuesday w1nsome :ok I keep getting closer, but long way to go yet :hope I cant understand why someone called me a donk, just cos i hit twice on my BB :rollin and took the pot ?
----- Was it me??? You doin all right up to 4th,and you missed some games
1BEW1TCHED253
2DaiRiver236
3MadDanny35184
4ooblio170
5rosies159
6muzza40152
7pacmoor142
8stalios126
9CLOUGHYGOD124
10weed11120
This comp finals happens to fall same date as the poker/player finals,which i've qualified for--so will have to choose.

Re: Stan James mini league- Newmarket Races :clapyou played well again tonight winsome i never seem to get much luck or hands on SJ but hopefully will still get to newmarket and i agree i made the wrong move with ak and went out 7th just thought all or nothing(rush of blood of having a half decent hand i guess):lol

:clapyou played well again tonight winsome i never seem to get much luck or hands on SJ but hopefully will still get to newmarket and i agree i made the wrong move with ak and went out 7th just thought all or nothing(rush of blood of having a half decent hand i guess):lol
-------------------------- Thanks mate,pretty sure i've got a place in the newmarket game now,you were a little unlucky with your a/k--the way you snap raised all-in--was sure you were A/A---7th is another 35 points for you so your well on the way
1BEW1TCHED255
2DaiRiver249
3muzza40206
4MadDanny35197
5CLOUGHYGOD180
6AquaeSulis177
7ooblio172
8stalios167
9scarface1975162
10rosies161

Re: Stan James mini league- Newmarket Races Didn't realise you were Stalios stall3y. That was a sick beat but I just knew he was going to hit a king the way he was running. I folded a couple of monsters against him and then blew up heads up.

Re: Stan James mini league- Newmarket Races just to let any loungers who are in this comp,and think they will qual for the final--they should think about booking hotels now. Googled for hotels l/night-everything is booked up in Newmarket and surrounding area over this weekend[guiness meeting]. Sent off an e-mail to s/james--but they say poker will finish at 10pm[6pm start]Bedford Lodge---but if you attend the corporate day at races,it will be virtually imposible to freshen up[change-wash] before the poker event

providing i make it of course...... winsome and other pl (max 3 people) get as close as you can and i may be able to sort a lift out for you :ok
--------------- You will make it no probs:ok Thanks for the offer m8,what is your nearest town?

Re: Stan James mini league- Newmarket Races im in ipswich mate . near to newmarket is cambridge and bury where you wouldnt have a problem staying although nightlife etc i wouldnt have a clue mate depends what you were going to do. im nearer to bury than cambridge