Best Bet of the Day 05/03

Race: 15.45 Carlisle Selection: Supreme's Legacy Another selection in a long distance marathon, this time up north at Carlisle for trainer Keith Reveley. The selection, Supreme's Legacy is one of the most consistent horses in training when he puts his mind to it. A couple of lapses of concentration have resulted in a few spills and PU's. However, I see many positives about his chances today, namely his ability to see out this trip on testing ground which cant be said for a fair few of his rivals. He is a dour stayer and showed that last time in similar conditions over 3m 6f at Bangor. He clearly posesses very little speed, but in the races he has completed, he has not been out the first 3 in his last 9 completed races. His last win was in April 2006, but I feel this could represent a slightly easier test than some of the races he has been contesting recently. To conclude, this horse is ultra consistent, will stay the trip and goes on the ground. This race is well within his grasp and he should go close at a backable each way price. Advice EW

Re: Best Bet of the Day 05/03 Nad Al Sheba 4.10 Liberation 1 pt win The inform Godolphin team seem to hold the key to this race and I favour the 'second string' to turn over Frankie on the 'first string' Durcan rides Liberation and he was so impressive towards the end of the summer over here last year. He won a asc. race by 5 lengths in such an easy style and looked sure for even better things. To sum degree he achieved that next time. At the time his fourth placed effort in a huge sales race at hq seemed ok but not really that special but the form couldnt have worked out better. The winner won in the breeders cup, beating godolphin's no.1 here by a similar margin to what liberation was beaten by, the second crowded house established himself as a top 3 year old for this season by winning the racing post trophy easily, the sixth won afterwards, the seventh was a near group winner. That form couldnt have worked out any better really and Liberation's run now looks good. On that run there is not that much between the godolphin no.1 here and liberation and even though city style is now proven in this region unlike liberation, I think durcan's mount could be very smart and can win this.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.