Prominent or Hold Up?

Re: Prominent or Hold Up? I always think running style is something I should pay more attention to and I go through phases where it's the first thing I look at, particularly on sharp tracks. I go through phases of looking for sole front runners in small fields. But I'm not in one of those phases at the moment and it's taken a back seat..........now I tend to make my pick on form, then look at pace figures jusy to make sure the profile of the race won't scupper my horses chances. More generally, from the point of view of watching, I just love the extremes..........the out and out gutsy front runner like Lough Derg, who battles on when the others catch him up. Also the 'brilliant' hold up horse with a devasting late run On balance I prefer the gutsy front-runners..........they're more like the working class heroes of the sport as opposed to the fancy dan toffs who take a ride at the back and metaphorically pull out their credit card in the last furlong.................:unsure

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.