FAO Neural Net users

I have tried reading some tutorials on NN's but frankly..... they went ZOEF straight over my head. So got a question for you: What would be the best general file format to feed data into a neural net ? In other words i have a collection of data in a database. I want to make this info available to people using neural nets. But i don't actually know what neural nets in terms of software people use. Could be anything. From the database i can generate a range of fileformats such as .csv .xml .sql etc... What would be the most generic one ? Actually is it possible to have 1 generic one or does each NN require his own specific input format ? Or are there flavours/variations ? ( like one type of NN's wants .csv and another type/group wants .xml ) Please :tongue2

Re: FAO Neural Net users Although I'm not an NN user, and therefore I shouldn't be jumping in, but your question I guess may apply to anyone using large numbers of variables in some sort of modelling (be it NN or anything else) technique, no? If that's the case then I guess most software can handle any type of format apart from few exceptions. On the other hand, if your question was indeed exclusively for NN data, I personally wouldn't know. In any way, I look forward to see what perople think.

Re: FAO Neural Net users

your question I guess may apply to anyone using large numbers of variables in some sort of modelling (be it NN or anything else) technique, no?
Yes, but i know what most application can handle, .csv being the most generic type, i just have no idea how Neural Nets are fed.