Answers on a postcard.

Nade

Villain is a good reg playing at about 22/18. He tanked pre flop, flop and turn, but not on the river. What can we put him on? Does he turn up here value betting a weaker hand often enough to make a call profitable, could he just have total air, or does he have the goods? Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com MP ($102.50) CO ($360.70) Button ($154.95) SB ($69.90) Hero (BB) ($107.55) UTG ($99) Preflop: Hero is BB with Qspade.gif, Qclub.gif 3 folds, Button bets $3.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $12, Button calls $8.50 Flop: ($24.50) 10heart.gif, 7club.gif, 4spade.gif (2 players) Hero bets $12, Button calls $12 Turn: ($48.50) 10spade.gif (2 players) Hero bets $31, Button calls $31 River: ($110.50) 4heart.gif (2 players) Hero checks, Button bets $55

Re: Answers on a postcard. Ok, what hands beat you? Hands with 10s in, is he really going to call a 3bet pre flop? I'd need to see his fold to 3bet stat to be sure, but I think most 22/18 regs are going to fold things like A10, K10, Q10 etc to a 3 bet. If he has a hand with a 4 in it he's played real bad post flop (unless it's 44). AA and KK, I think we can assume would have 4bet. 77 is a possibility. Other hands, given his pre/post flop play JJ-88, 89, 56, 1010, total air, maybe an AK/AQ type hand. I think given the hands he could have that you beat are way more than the hands that beat you, and it's a nice chance to bluff (with the board/your river check) it has to be a call here. You might call and lose, but I think in the long term this is a profitable call.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.