Wolverhampton 25/2

chris34

:gimme 2.30 Bold diva has only been sinces at wolverhampton once well over a year ago and was a close second, seems to be in fine form at the moment came close at lingfield last time out and goes off the same mark today although is still going off a higher mark than has previously won on but has won at this distance 3 times before! Market looks as though it will allow a e/w bet here! Bold diva 1pt e/w 3.00 Yungaburra looks to have a steal here, is very well treated in weights against his rivals, finished well last time here and a repeat of that will see him take this very easily one would of thought! Yungaburra 3pt win 3.30 the obbious fav here is gonna be la diosa but im not sure has this distance in her, she has struggled to finish to well in shorter trips than this in the past may just struggle to have the finishing gear here! Gonna go for an outsider here for an e/w bet on kneesy earsy nosey seem to run her best race here a week ago and if she can continue to improve on that performance will be in with a shout! kneesy earsy nosey 0.5pt e/w 4.00 Air maze would look to have this aslong as she can stay the extra distance, she has run here before and was second so track shouldnt be an issue! Air maze 1pt win 4.30 Ice belleni is booked with spencer which looks a good booking, safin has been thumped with a 6lb penalty for recent win not sure how he will cope with that? But ice belleni looked to finish well last time out at great leaighs and was an unlucky second over same distance! Ice belleni 1pt win 5.00 Cornus is a horse that likes to sit tight mid division/or at back with a fair pace and then come out of knowhere to finish the race wasnt given that opportunity last time but if opportunity arises today should be able to pinch this one! Cornus 1pt win 5.30 Muktasb looks in nice form although maybe handicapper has put a lid on him for a little while but is going of same mark as 2 outings at kempton where he was unlucky not to be second, previous outing at wolverhampton was a win over shorter distance! Muktasb 1pt win 6.00 Hurricane coast seemed not quite get to grips last time out but was a successful winner at southwell 4 days prior over a slightly shorter distance than today and only a 3lb rise in handicap aslong as last run was an error he isnt gonna be far off! hurricane coast 0.5pt e/w

Re: Wolverhampton 25/2 2.30 Wolv Many Welcomes looks well treated under a penalty in my opinion and had to wait patiently for her opportunity to strike last time out over course and distance. When the gap appeared on the inside she exploited it fully, and probably won with a bit in hand. Her turf runs had come mainly on soft ground so it was interesting to see she acted on the polytrack, and you would think her running style is more suited to this faster surface where she will not get bogged down in the mud. She's only had the eight runs so is open to more improvement. 11/2 SJ 3.00 Wolv I agree with Chris above and this that if Yungaburra runs to anything like his best, the rest of these may as well not bother turning up. Woodcote won a weak seller at Lingfield and disappointed in a claimer when last seen, and Desperate Dan, who goes in at this level from time to time, hasn't been firing on all cylinders following a little break. Yungaburra has a liking for Wolverhampton that dates back to his time with Tim Pitt and has done all of his winning here. He's bidding for a double-hat-trick of course and distance wins and was an eyecatching winner in November when, despite not getting the clearest of runs, picked up a class 4 handicap with some authority. He has failed to follow up since after the handicapper raised him 7 lbs for that win, but he has continued to run with credit in handicaps, finishing close up to Dvinsky and Sir Nod on his last two starts. He was once a handicap winner off 85, and whilst I don't think he is able to repeat that performance now, or run to his official mark of 84, I think he is still able to repeat his November exploits (winner off 77), and that would be enough to pick up a morale boosting win in this claimer where he has been entered on an attractive weight. 10/11 Bet 365 4.30 Wolv Safin has the tendency to throw in the odd stinker but he won well last time and has every chance of following up under a penalty here. He won at the track in January and has the stamina to see out an extra couple of furlongs here as he recently won over 2m 1f over hurdles at Market Rasen. 10/3 SJ 5.00 Wolv This looks a tough handicap to crack with many arriving in a decent level of form. Guildenstern would have made more appeal had this been a lower grade event, and running from out of the handicap here he looks opposable, despite the fact he goes well over CD. Gunfighter doesn't look straightforward and refused to race three times in a row in the summer. Orpen Wide is a bit of a strange one. He has been ran mainly in NH races and you would think this trip may be on the sharp side for him. He does have placed form over the trip from Newmarket in '07, but others appeal more. Caprio has the benefit of Ross Atkinson's 5 lb claim and he hacked up last time out. However, there were only two runners in the race so he's no banker to follow up. Catalan Bay has ran in Group races in Australia and ran encouragingly on his British debut when behind Distinctly Game at Lingfield. He is the tissue fav but he's not raced in a month so for that reason I think Cornus may be worth another chance. Alan McCabe's gelding won over course and distance at the end of January and then followed up at Lingfield next time out when dropped back down in trip. He ran under a penalty when last seen and failed to make the frame, but he came wide entering the straight which dented his chances. He is racing off a 5 lb lower mark now his official rating has been adjusted by only 1 lb, and I think with the benefit of a recent run he could upset the Jeremy Gask horse. 8/1 Paddy's 6.00 Wolv Giddywell - picked up a course and distance handicap off 6 lb lower two starts ago and finished 3rd in an apprentices race of his current mark last time out. However, I think he is better treated today after a jockey switch and with cheekpieces on again I think he could go well again. 9/4 Bet 365

Re: Wolverhampton 25/2

SportHorse Racing
Event2.30 Wolverhampton
SelectionRoyal Acclamation (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date25/02/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 6.00 (Back)
ReasoningLooks very well handicapped judged on several efforts in the past and you could say he was unlucky not to get closer last time after being hampered a furlong out. This is a much weaker race today and having already been well backed this morning, I reckon this horse will take all the beating in this contest.

Re: Wolverhampton 25/2 DESPERATE DAN 3.00 Wolverhampton. 1 point win. Not out of this by any means, as although needs to find a bit with the clear favourite (Yungaburra), he does have the ability to go close off a decent pace and with plenty of pace in the race, he should ge the race run to suit and should come home strongly. I like the fact the headgear goes on today, as that should sharpen him up, so all in all he looks a fair bet at decent odds.