** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Thin Value

Nade

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com MP ($100) CO ($109.30) Button ($103.10) Hero (SB) ($100) BB ($139.55) UTG ($146.20) Preflop: Hero is SB with 10diamond.gif, 10spade.gif 2 folds, CO calls $1, Button bets $5, Hero raises $18.50, 2 folds, Button calls $14 Flop: ($40) 9diamond.gif, Qspade.gif, 2heart.gif (2 players) Hero checks, Button bets $29, Hero raises $81 (All-In), Button calls $52 Turn: ($202) 5diamond.gif (2 players, 1 all-in) River: ($202) 2club.gif (2 players, 1 all-in) Total pot: $202 Results: Button had 7club.gif, 7diamond.gif (two pair, sevens and twos). Hero had 10diamond.gif, 10spade.gif (two pair, tens and twos). Outcome: Hero won $199 Discuss. The guy tanked for the 15seconds plus a good 40 seconds before calling. What i remember from the situation is thinking the guy wouldn't bet out so big with a big Q, he'd want to induce a shove with a weaker bet. And pressing all in is a lot more fun then pressing fold :unsure Ok most of the time to play it like this is spew and i have no great analysis to why i did shove it just felt right at the time and it worked out. I can only think they called because my c/r AI looks so obviously like a big hand that i actually wouldnt do it with a big hand. Just shows what value you can get from unlikely situations. FWIW I bluff AI with little equity so rarely that i know this isn't a leak whereby i'm bluffing off my stack all the time, i so rarely do it.

Re: Thin Value Just checked up his stats and have 90hands. He's VP:17 PF:17 Fold to 3B: 33%, CBet: 83%, steal from bttn: 50%. I'm interested to hear why you say it's standard to c/r AI here. Ithink it's mostly spew but thoughts welcome.

Re: Thin Value I think the best play would certainly have been to c-bet. He most likely would have folded and you would have won the pot. His play was pretty terrible, his preflop raise to $5 was too big imo and he should have folded to your raise. Also, the check looks very suspicious and i would have probably checked behind and re-evaluated on the turn. I think your check-raise was fairly transparent tbh, most likely JJ or 10s in my experience, but you managed to get your stack in with a 90% equity so you must have done something right here!!

Re: Thin Value

Just checked up his stats and have 90hands. He's VP:17 PF:17 Fold to 3B: 33%, CBet: 83%, steal from bttn: 50%. I'm interested to hear why you say it's standard to c/r AI here. Ithink it's mostly spew but thoughts welcome.
I actually misread your original post, and didn't notice that's you'd 3-bet pre flop. In that case I think you've got to bet the flop. But once you have checked, I'd be check-calling, as it's very unlikely that he'll call your all in with a worse hand (he did here, but it's very very unusual that you'll be ahead to a call here).