** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Taking a break

gazza

Time has come for me to take a proper break from poker, really not enjoying it at the moment. I've not played any tournies this year anyway, was concentrating on cash games, after a decent start the varience has kicked in with a vengance :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol Seems no matter what I do I am getting outdrawn, now I'm not gonna post a load of bad beat sob stories cos thats not my way and I know that is only varience but what it is doing is frustrating the hell out of me and it's really not enjoyable any more. It feels almost like a chore now to log on and play. I'm going to take a break before my bankroll is in the negative :lol Dont know how long the break will be but I'm going to do a bit of fishing and play some golf and come back when I miss the poker. GL to you all at the tables :ok

Re: Taking a break Poker can be simultaneously the greatest and worst game in the world. I know exactlyhow you feel, Gazza, I've been close to quitting this wretched game forever on more than one occasion. You are absolutely doing the right thing. Take a break, maybe a few months, possibly only a few days, and come back when you feel ready for it:ok. Enjoy the break.

Re: Taking a break It depends how you use your time on the break and what you want to achieve when you return. I take several 'breaks' a year but I spend that time not playing, reading poker books, browsing various analysis forums and watching training videos and I try to develop in my own mind new strategies. Then when I return I always start at a lower level and try out my new strategies before going back to my normal games. I think breaks should be a part of every serious players arsenal but fishing and golfing and then picking up where you left off maybe is not the answer and sometimes a change is as good as a rest.

• 5 months later...

Re: Taking a break kin hell, was it really February ??? :unsure:unsure I started playing again about 2 weeks ago and really only on Virgin, only had about 5 euro's in there but have played twice in the independant league and managed to FT both times and been grinding out the .2/.4 cash tables and my virgin account is now just over 100 euro's. Been doing a lot of fishing and golf and spending time with the family. The old buzz still is'nt there but I have been enjoying the games I have played again :ok