Best bet of the day 11/2/09

fintron

2.05 Kempton

An open looking handicap to open the card here and they're betting 4/1 the field tonight on Betfair. Plenty look to be in with a chance - Ready to Crown chased home Colonel Sherman last time out and the form of that race has been boosted through the third (Mix and Match, who reopposes here), and Sir Mark Prescott's runner Rough Sketch, the current fav, is lightly raced and could be worth noting if there is support. The Graig would interest me if running over shorter but I think he may be found out over this trip so the one I'm on is Noah Jameel who could potentially go off at an overly generous price IMO. Both of his career wins have come at this track over this sort of trip and his last run suggests he needs further than the 1m 1f 103y he tackled at Wolverhampton that afternoon. He made good late progress inside the final couple of furlongs and looked as though he would have a race in him of this sort of mark. He's only 3 lbs higher than his last win, in Feb '08, but that doesn't offput me because he's had a couple of near misses. Similarly, the 72 day break isn't a problem either as his last run came off the back of an absence of a similar length. I've had 13.5 matched tonight and would be happy with anything of 6's or bigger at SP. 2 pt win - Supernap.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09 Lingfield 13:40 - Dream In Blue (Nap) I backed this horse last time out on debut and he ran a good 2nd behind the winner Sounds Of Jupiter, I thought he stayed on really well after he began slowly and this step up in trip to 1m 5f should really suit, Osbourne's stable is in good form over the last couple of weeks, Not that many winners but there horses are running well into places, Last 25 runners have seen 3 winners, 3 seconds and 8 thirds so not bad at all. Shane Kelly was out of luck yesterday on his three rides and he comes to Lingfield to ride this then heads off to Kempton. I think Dream In Blue will take the beating here. 1pt win

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.